• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Syria: Massacres, False Flags, Backroom Diplomacy & Endtimers

I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility, but I would be sceptical about the rebels having the capability to launch such an attack. The reports from Douma stated that the barrel bombs were dropped from (6?) Syrian regime helicopters. I cannot find any evidence that the rebels have any aircraft at all, apart from perhaps a few drones.

But there is evidence that the rebels have chemical weapons. You don't need a helicopter to release gas or other nerve agents.

How about hanging around until you see a barrel bomb detonate, then slope in and release a few canisters of chemicals? Bob's your uncle, or Trump's your saviour, instant media coverage.

Always assuming that chemicals were used at all of course. There is no independent evidence so far. Only reports are from those who have everything to gain from an alleged atrocity.

... Always assuming that chemicals were used at all of course. There is no independent evidence so far. Only reports are from those who have everything to gain from an alleged atrocity.

This just in ... There is an effort underway to determine whether chemical weapons were used in Douma ...

CHEMICAL WEAPONS EXPERTS TO INSPECT ATTACK SITE IN SYRIA
The international chemical weapons watchdog said Tuesday it was sending a fact-finding mission to the Syrian town where a suspected chemical gas attack took place over the weekend, following a request from the Syrian government and its Russian backers that appeared to be aimed at averting punitive Western military action. ...

In a statement, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons said a fact-finding mission was "preparing to deploy to Syria shortly," though it did not give a more precise timetable on when the inspectors would arrive. ...

SOURCE: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SYRIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

But the rebels don't have helicopters or barrel bombs, as per the eye-witness accounts of the attack.
So, until I see evidence to the contrary, I tend to believe the mainstream media reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43697084

But the eyewitnesses are the White Helmets, a jihadi front, not a civil defence force as well as other jihadis.

In any case I believe that bombs were dropped but not that they necessarily contained a nerve agent.

Quick question for Syria watchers. There has been a claim that the USA has intentionally funded the Al-Nusra Front. It was my understanding that early in the conflict the USA's local allies may have slipped Al-Nusra weapons as part of their own independent deals, but the USA is on record describing Al-Nusra as a terrorist organization hostile to the USA as it is literally Al-Quaeda in the Levant. Putin is on record claiming the USA is actively funding Al-Nusra at the moment, is there any evidence that this is true?

Quick question for Syria watchers. There has been a claim that the USA has intentionally funded the Al-Nusra Front. It was my understanding that early in the conflict the USA's local allies may have slipped Al-Nusra weapons as part of their own independent deals, but the USA is on record describing Al-Nusra as a terrorist organization hostile to the USA as it is literally Al-Quaeda in the Levant. Putin is on record claiming the USA is actively funding Al-Nusra at the moment, is there any evidence that this is true?

I don't have time to go searching right now but there are like posts about it on this and other Syria Threads.

From a BBC Journalist who appears to have been instructed to delete a previous post.

Riam Dalati‏Verified account@Dalatrm
Pro-rebel activists appear to have staged "Last Hug" photo. It went viral claiming to show young victims of the Douma gas attack in their "last embrace". Victims can be clearly seen on 2 separate floors in aftermath footage. Placed in position at collection/identification point.
DafQyTuXcAA3Amm.jpg

DafRGRTWAAArmCr.jpg

DafRLKmXkAEbhPK.jpg

11:13 AM - 11 Apr 2018

Last edited:
Do you think you might possibly put spoiler tags and warnings around pictures of corpses?

Or better still link off site.

No disrespect meant but such pictures are in every newspaper, tv show, social media. Is there a need to treat FTMB viewers as if they are snowflakes? The pictures make a vital point about how jihadis are using corpses fo score propaganda points, to spread false news. This is a Conspiracy Thread, it deals with adult material and arguments.

I'd just ask you take that into account.

If you still want me to do so then I will put spoiler tags on the pictures.

No disrespect meant but such pictures are in every newspaper, tv show, social media. Is there a need to treat FTMB viewers as if they are snowflakes? The pictures make a vital point about how jihadis are using corpses fo score propaganda points, to spread false news. This is a Conspiracy Thread, it deals with adult material and arguments.

I'd just ask you take that into account.

If you still want me to do so then I will put spoiler tags on the pictures.

Many people would like the choice of whether or not to see them.

Many people would like the choice of whether or not to see them.

I've put it in spoilers. But I honestly do not believe that the pictures are particularly disturbing compared to some existing images on the FTMB.

If anyone is triggered by them then they should remain indoors and avoid all MSM and Social Media.

I've put it in spoilers. But I honestly do not believe that the pictures are particularly disturbing compared to some existing images on the FTMB.

If anyone is triggered by them then they should remain indoors and avoid all MSM and Social Media.

Thank you.

I am not triggered and have no psychological issues associated with the matter.

What I do have is a preference for not looking at corpses unless there's a compelling reason for me to do so; I know from a fairly extensive communication with a cross-section of the membership that I am not alone.

Thank you.

I am not triggered and have psychological issues associated with the matter.

What I do have is a preference for not looking at corpses unless there's a compelling reason for me to do so; I know from a fairly extensive communication with a cross-section of the membership that I am not alone.

Such behaviour and dislikes are often mocked on the PC Gone Mad Thread.

Worth remembering.

Dangerously close to politics but...

That Trump tweet eh?
On the upside, I've discovered that Hard Rains Gonna Fall sounds pretty good when played on the mandolin.

Duck and cover!

I do avoid MSM and nearly all Social Media. I think carefully about who I follow/friend on the little SM I do read. I try to choose the sites I visit carefully and I thought this one was (fairly) safe. There are already areas on here I'm wary to tread I don't want to expand it to here. I'd like to have the choice of what images I see thank you, not have them forced on me.
I do remain indoors except for 2-3 hours per week if my social anxiety/agoraphobia lets me. I don't want you to proscribe my life or choices.

I do avoid MSM and nearly all Social Media. I think carefully about who I follow/friend on the little SM I do read. I try to choose the sites I visit carefully and I thought this one was (fairly) safe. There are already areas on here I'm wary to tread I don't want to expand it to here. I'd like to have the choice of what images I see thank you, not have them forced on me.
I do remain indoors except for 2-3 hours per week if my social anxiety/agoraphobia lets me. I don't want you to proscribe my life or choices.

I can only agree, apart from anything it's enormously disrespectful to reproduce pictures of the dead to score a political point.

Sorry about that. I should have chosen my words more carefully. I didn't intend to poke fun at anyone who genuinely suffers from social anxiety or agoraphobia. I have suffered badly from depression and anxiety myself in the past and at times had difficulty going out.

I was venting spleen against intersectional snowflakes who are offended and triggered by virtually everything.

I can only agree, apart from anything it's enormously disrespectful to reproduce pictures of the dead to score a political point.

But it's ok for the jihadis to do so and get their fake news pictures in the MSM?

I was just producing evidence that these widely available photos were staged.

Last edited:
Former UK ambassador to Syria, Peter Ford tells a BBC journalist and Western audiences to use their brains and think critically before falling into the propaganda of the Islamist jihadists.

This is probably just rumour, but I am hearing that Al Mayadeen TV are reporting that Russian Special Forces have captured British servicemen in Douma. Anyone else heard anything?

You're not a jihadi. You're better than that.

The jihadis used pictures of posed corpses to make a political point.

A BBC journalist (not a politician) then posted pictures to prove that the jihadi photos were false.

But you see the exposure of the fake news as disrespectfully using photos of the dead to make a political point!

Dunno if I'm reading the above article wrong, but the heading doesn't really describe the text. All the text seems to say to me is that there were rumours that the rebels were planning to instigate a false flag attack. The title seems to say that the Russians timed it wrong and managed to call an attack which had already happened a false flag.

It's a bit misleading.

The jihadis used pictures of posed corpses to make a political point.

A BBC journalist (not a politician) then posted pictures to prove that the jihadi photos were false.

But you see the exposure of the fake news as disrespectfully using photos of the dead to make a political point!

I was simply objecting to reproducing pics of the dead. If they weren't dead and just pretending, then fair enough. I suppose I don't object to the mummies thread, though.

I was simply objecting to reproducing pics of the dead. If they weren't dead and just pretending, then fair enough. I suppose I don't object to the mummies thread, though.

They were dead* but the bodies had been moved and posed by the jihadis. The BBC journo posted the jihad picture along with two photos of the original positions of the bodies. He did this to expose fake news.

*At least I think they were dead. But we don't know how they died.

Back