• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Taoist Magic?

Charles_Green

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hey all,

I'm researching for a novel, and, while I know some of the basics behind Taoism, I'm lost as to actual metaphysical applications of the Tao.

I've heard a few references here and there of "Taoist Sorcerers," but have thus far been unable to find anything about exactly how to use the Tao in a functioning magic system.

I bow to your ulitmate knowledge.

Anyone?

I waited a while to respond as I am certainly no expert but I have never come across anything in the Tao that would suggest a type of "magic" as western culture defines it.

See if you can get hod of a book by Eva Wong "The Shambhala Guide to Taoism."She covers the complete history of the religion from its Shamanistic origins to divination and alchemy.

Obvious I know, but have you tried googling 'taoist magic'?

Oodles of stuff..

https://maxvps001.maximumasp.com/v001u2 ... agrams.asp

"Taoist alchemists discovered that brush strokes conforming to specific configurations could modify a person’s aura (or individual chi) when they were made by a powerful Master. This procedure captures Universal or Cosmic Chi from its normally disperse state and concentrates it. In a unique conjunction of mathematics and art, the configuration of the diagram contains encoded “information” that creates a specialized vessel for captured Cosmic chi dependent upon its specific purpose. In this way, the diagram can change an individual’s chi flowing throughout his meridian system and reconnect him to the beneficial flow of the Universe"

Sometimes I forget to do the first things first.

Thanks a bunch, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Wembley said:
Obvious I know, but have you tried googling 'taoist magic'?

Oodles of stuff..

https://maxvps001.maximumasp.com/v001u2 ... agrams.asp

"Taoist alchemists discovered that brush strokes conforming to specific configurations could modify a person’s aura (or individual chi) when they were made by a powerful Master. This procedure captures Universal or Cosmic Chi from its normally disperse state and concentrates it. In a unique conjunction of mathematics and art, the configuration of the diagram contains encoded “information” that creates a specialized vessel for captured Cosmic chi dependent upon its specific purpose. In this way, the diagram can change an individual’s chi flowing throughout his meridian system and reconnect him to the beneficial flow of the Universe"

Back