• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Telekinesis / TK Experiments

Melf

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
have anyone tryed to do tk experiments at home?

like trying to move a pendent on a chain which is hanging freely from the ceiling/shelf a draught proof room (sic)?

(mods please move if necessary)

Oh yes, many a time! My favourite used to be staring at a feather for about half an hour, and trying all sorts of ways to move it, like just imagining.. trying to feel like the feather is an extension of me and moving.. trying to use an 'astral' arm to flick it.. all to no avail though :(

I had to laugh on a train once though. It just popped into my mind to try and open the door with my mind and I started concentrating on turning the handle (this was several years ago, before all trains had automatic doors), and blow me the handle moved! Logic flying out of the window, my heart started racing and I though bloody hell! Until someone appeared from the other side.

I've always been interested in taking part in a controlled experiment though, preferably with equipment that could measure changes in an object's structure on a very small scale, so that even if you didn't make a 1kg weight float in the year, there might be some discernable change in it's electromagnetic field or temperature.

I really scared myself doing this as a kid. We would take these 2 hour car drives to the grandparents farm every other weekend. I read a lot as a kid and read somewhere that you should train your mind. Since I loved paranormal/sci fi stuff, I decided that instead of just puzzle solving, I would try TK.

Over and over again I would focus on something in the distance and try to effect a specific change to it. It was easiest to imagine scratching a little paint off signs because the result would be so clear. The last time I tried it, I imagined scratching a round spot off a sign near the lower left hand edge. As we came up on the sign, I saw that not only was paint gone from the exact spot I had imagined, but it was rusted, too. In my poor Twilight Zone / True Tales of the Paranormal saturated mind, this meant that not only had I caused the damage, but I had created some weird temporal affect or had even instantly corroded the metal. I was terrified of my fearfully destructive mind-powers for awhile and wished I had practiced growing plants like Barbara Streisand in On a Clear Day.

Well, when I was a kid I thought I was able to make the light shade in my bedroom swing back and forth just by concentrating on it. It seemed to work too, and I'm not sure why, although the effect wore off as I got older. I haven't actually tried it in ages.

I very, very often dream I have TK in dreams that have a degree of lucidity. It really feels like I know how to do it, almost as I know how to move my fingers.

It's a surprise when I wake up and can no longer move things about using my mind. At least I don't seem to be able to. ;)

I know of a couple easy ESP experiments you can try at home.

1:

This is the simplest one and requires four or five people. Have one of you, the subject, stand in the middle of the room, with the others around him. Tell him to close his eyes tightly and the others place their fingers gently against his chest, shoulders and back, making sure not to exert pressure. The aim of the experiment is to make the subject sway in a particular direction. Make sure all of you (except the subject) know which direction you want to make him sway. Concentrate hard on willing the subject to sway in the chosen direction. he usually feels a force pulling him in the chosen direction as if he were a compass needle and someone had brought a magnet close to him. This usually takes a couple seconds, depending upon the suggestibility of the subject. Make sure all of you are open and receptive, and not skeptical towards the experiment (or the other two for that matter).

2:

This also takes five people. It's aim is to lift a seated person using only index finges. The chosen subject sits in a chair and the other four attempt to lift him by placing a finger under his armpits and knees. Of course, it is initially impossible. Then the four place their hands, one on top of the other on the head of the seated person. Make sure that no person has his own two hands next to each other. All should concentrate hard for 20 seconds. Then, they quickly remove their hands from the head, place their index fingers under the subject's knees and armpits, and the seated person should be lifted effortlessly into the air.

(Someone explained this by explaining that the hands piled ont he subject's head operate as a kind of Psi accumulator)

3:

For this, you need a sheet of paper, 2 inches * 2 inches. Fold it corner to corner, unfold. Then fold it top to bottom, and unfold. Then fold from side to side, and unfold. Now, pinch the corner folds, and it should turn into a kind of paper dart, its point at the intersection of the folding lines. Take a needle, and stick it blunt end first into a cork. Balance the paper dart on the needle point so that it looks like a partly open umbrella. Make sure you do not breathe on it. Try to will it to rotate about the needle point. Keep trying if you must.

Some people relate that after not succeeding the first time, they kept the dart by their computers, and every now and then would try again. Eventually it would work.

If you do try it, post your results here please. I'm interested to see your results. :)

2:

This also takes five people. It's aim is to lift a seated person using only index finges. The chosen subject sits in a chair and the other four attempt to lift him by placing a finger under his armpits and knees. Of course, it is initially impossible. Then the four place their hands, one on top of the other on the head of the seated person. Make sure that no person has his own two hands next to each other. All should concentrate hard for 20 seconds. Then, they quickly remove their hands from the head, place their index fingers under the subject's knees and armpits, and the seated person should be lifted effortlessly into the air.

(Someone explained this by explaining that the hands piled ont he subject's head operate as a kind of Psi accumulator)
I've done this many times with friends and family and it's always works. Since I'm a skinny lad, whenever I'm the one to be lifted, I nearly end up through the ceiling. Tis good fun:D
I never knew this had anything to do with ESP though.

i totally forgot about this thread ooops! :eek:

I never knew this had anything to do with ESP though.

I don't think it does- there was a thread on this ages ago and I don't recall what it decided but it was between a question of biomechanics and a chi exercise iirc.

"I don't recall what it decided but it was between a question of biomechanics and a chi exercise iirc."

Put it this way: there's nothing paranormal involved.

pendulums

i went to a motivational type retreat once where we did that lifting thing (also lifting up of cars like Honda Civics), firewalking, and also the pendulum as follows:

make a pendulum using a faucet washer and about a foot and a half of light string... tying the washer to the string

let pendulum dangle from outstretched hand and ask a yes/no question. if the pendulum swings towars you and away from you it means yes whereas if it moves left/right perpendicular to you, it means no...

if it goes in circles i forget what it means....:p

anyway it works....

funny how much harder (impossible) it is to work if you habg the pendulum from a nail or something, instead of your outstretched arm.

what about cloudbusting, where you stare at one particular wispy cloud and it evaporates while all the other clouds thicken. is that a type of tk?

:eek!!!!: actually now that i think about it - i have an uncanny ability to knock waterskiiers over with TK. i just look at them and think 'Fall!' and within a few minutes they fall over. my success rate is near 90% :D

Back