• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Telepathically Contacting an Alien

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Anyone remember Timothy Good's tale of how he was in a public place (a railway station, I think it was) and he tried contacting any telepathic aliens in human form who might have been in the vicinity? It seemed to work, as someone did come up to him and sit down, but Good never spoke to the stranger, which he later regretted.

So, has anyone else tried this? Would you get a funny look if you asked a stranger if they were an alien or would you enjoy a revelation?

Once, lying in friend's garden after more that a few drinks I attempted telepathic with flying saucers...none appeared

If some random stranger asked me if I was an alien, I think I'd be very tempted to answer "Yes" and watch the reaction.

Man sitting in railway station.

Stranger sits in space next to him.

Proof of alien contact?

How could it be anything else?

Mind you, considering how many times I've been that same situation, there must be a lot of those aliens about. In fact they probably outnumber the humans.

Which would make us the aliens! :shock:

I think there was a bit more to it than just sitting next to him. Something like telepathically asking him to scratch his nose while adjusting a trouser leg or similar. And he did it, too. Do we trust Timothy Good?

Good's story can be found on pages 205-6 of his book Alien Base. He describes two such encounters. The first took place in 1963 in a motel in Arizona, where he noticed "an extraordinary looking girl, with blond bobbed hair, delicate pale features and a petite figure" standing in the queue. Good thought the girl looked just like the female Nordics described by the likes of George Adamski, and telepathically asked her "Are you from another planet?"

Good recalls "There was no immediate response, but as she left the queue she made a point of walking past my table, pausing to give me a gracious smile and an actual bow of acknowledgement, before proceeding to another part of the restaurant with a deadpan look on her face".

The second incident occurred in February 1967, in New York.

I decided, as an experiment, to attempt some further telepathic communication in the lobby of the Park-Sheraton Hotel...I transmitted a telepathic request which went something like this; 'If any of you people from elsewhere are in the New York vicinity, please come and sit down right next to me and prove it'...Suddenly a man entered the lobby whose demeanour put me on alert. Dressed in a charcoal-grey business suit with a white shirt and dark tie, he could have passed for a businessman from Madison Avenue. He was five feet ten inches tall, with curly fair hair, a tanned complexion, and perfectly proportioned features, and he appeared to be about 35 years of age. He came and sat down beside me. From his attache case he took out a copy of the New York Times. Unfolding this he began to turn the pages over in a rather deliberate and superficial manner.

After he refolded the paper, I felt the time had come to ask him telepathically if he was really from another planet, and if so, would he please identify himself by placing his right index finger on the right side of his nose. The response was immediate and dramatic, for no sooner had I transmitted the thought than he did precisely that!....I attempted more telepathy but nothing happened. Perhaps I should have engaged him in conversation, but being British (clearly a drawback to intergalactic communications), I had reservations about such an approach....After a few more minutes he gave me a long penetrating stare, then turned and walked out into Seventh Avenue. I never saw him again.

So he's in a posh hotel in a major city and he's immediately put on alert by.........a man in a suit!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!!

Put the forces on alert - he's scratched his nose! I repeat - he's scratched his nose.

This kind of absolute twaddle is exactly why people like Timothy Good will never ever be taken seriously. He can, and will, write his pot-boilers for the rest of his life and his fans will think he's great. Unfortunately for him, little anecdotes such as these condemn him to the backwaters of Ufology where the incestuous backbiting of other writers and their respective believers will leave him in the limbo of the occult section of Ottakers.

lemonpie said:
Suppose they said 'great! me too!' ?

Or how's about, "are we still on for that total annihilation of the human race, then?"

:lol:

Everything about Goods account sounds like he was a creep hanging out in hotel and motel lobbies staring at good-looking light-haired people. Superficially flipping through a newspaper and touching my nose are two of the ways I demonstrate social discomfort. Deliberately making eye contact and sometimes adding a nod of acnowledgment is another way I handle people who won't stop staring at me. The wierdo in those two situations was Timothy Good, not the aliens. ;)

Maybe so, but I want to attempt this now. Form my own opinion based on my own experience. :D I wonder where would be a good place to find aliens.....

Mwaa Haa Haa Haa !!!!

I knew there was someything ODD about Cherie Blair....those cunning shape shifting alien b*$tards.....

Every body hide!
:D

downingstreet.jpg

"I wonder where would be a good place to find aliens....."

Have you tried the Andromeda Nebula? :D

I remember, one time, when I was a kid of about 9, or 10, trying to telepathically contact aliens and UFO's and having an imaginary conversation with a UFO's inhabitants. We even arranged to meet, but they didn't show up.

But, I was just playing and using my imagination! :)

The London Underground, perhaps?

Sounds good, but unfortunatelly it is on another continent. I'm going to try and find somewhere a little closer.

Have you tried the Andromeda Nebula?

No......any ideas how I can get there? :D

As for meeting Aliens I suggest you come out to Adelaide, Australia. Go to the cit'y metropolitan train station, sit briefly in one of the concourse massaging chairs while waiting for the 4.55 (PM) express to Gawler and telepathically expresss a desire to meet some one from another world. Or indeed yell out those same words from the chair...

My reptilian overlord will probably be sitting in the chair next to you.
Smile.
Say something nice.
:D

a good place to meet aliens? how about buckingham palace or the white house? [/i]

Timble said:
If some random stranger asked me if I was an alien, I think I'd be very tempted to answer "Yes" and watch the reaction.

Like a proper Brit if a random stranger spoke to me at a train station i'd run.

If he used the word alien i'd run faster. ;)

:shock: Is that really true? It's not at all frightening or unusual to be spoken to by strangers here, although I have always said that Canada has a small-town feel to it regardless of where you are.

(Rooney, get OFF the keyboard!)

The only reason strangers ever speak to you over here is to ask if you can spare any change.

The Yithian said:
Leaferne said:

:shock: Is that really true?

Nah. :)

Hmmmm....I'd say it was mostly true actually. Especially in London. The only strangers who have spoken to me have been mad/drunk/homeless. Most people do everything they can not to even look at each other. :(

Elffriend's experience sounds about right, although don't forget about born-again christians (or was that covered under 'mad'?), muggers and people without watches. now that would make a great dinner party line-up, don't you think?

From experience, the only strangers who talk to you in London are beggars, tourists and loonies.

If anyone approached me talking about aliens, I wouldn't have too much trouble classifying them...

AndroMan said:
I remember, one time, when I was a kid of about 9, or 10, trying to telepathically contact aliens and UFOs and having an imaginary conversation with a UFOs inhabitants. We even arranged to meet, but they didn't show up.

I did something like that once, I was looking at the stars and I was wondering was there a planet orbiting that one, and was there someone there, looking at my star (the sun) and wondering ... and I got all lightheaded and went into a trance-like state for a few seconds. very peculiar ...

Elffriend said:
The Yithian said:
Leaferne said:

:shock: Is that really true?

Nah. :)

Hmmmm....I'd say it was mostly true actually. Especially in London. The only strangers who have spoken to me have been mad/drunk/homeless. Most people do everything they can not to even look at each other. :(

Joking aside i often get approached and talked at. Not so much from the insane and scary but from the awkwardly over-friendly and uncomfortably nice. Oh, and women over 40 - lots of them....

:?

Back