• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'terrorist hole' Small heath.....

Hanif13

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
In my line of work I was asked to stand gaurd over a 25ft deep hole which had a diameter of 8ft in a place called the Acker's trust, Small Heath, birmingham
This hole had completley smooth sides and there was no sign of the earth removed form it anywhere..........!!!!!!! there were even smoothly cut pebbles in the side of the hole.....
We did our 'duty' and looked over it with no questions.
I have never had any explaination about it ever.
Does anyone know what it was? why it was there? who made it?

You could always ask the police to look into it.

I am sorry I'll get my coat. :(

Hanif13 said:
In my line of work I was asked to stand gaurd over a 25ft deep hole which had a diameter of 8ft in a place called the Acker's trust, Small Heath, birmingham
This hole had completley smooth sides and there was no sign of the earth removed form it anywhere..........!!!!!!! there were even smoothly cut pebbles in the side of the hole.....
We did our 'duty' and looked over it with no questions.
I have never had any explaination about it ever.
Does anyone know what it was? why it was there? who made it?

Whenabouts was this? All holes lead somewhere, so could it have been part of an underground bunker? The ventilation shaft, perhaps? Weren't you tempted to peek over the side to see if anyone was there?

What does a hole in the ground like that have to do with "terrorists"? I'm wondering why you'd describe it that way...

It sounds almost as if it was cut out using one of those circular blades, it would have been one hell of a drill though ;)

I'd like to know when this was too. I happen to have been involved in some construction work at the outdoor activity centre there early last year and I wonder if it might be connected...

Back