• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Thames UFO

Timble2

Imaginary Person
This was in the Scum, must have had amazing cloaking devices to be invisible to everyone else and their cameras.

Sun

ThamesUFO.jpg

A STUDENT was left shocked when she checked her tourist snaps of the London skyline - and spotted what looks like a flying saucer. University Of Exeter academic Karolina-Slavka Mueller was in London for the weekend, when she took some shots with her camera phone of the sights. But when she looked back at the January 19 night time pictures of Tower Bridge and the London Eye, she was shocked to see an apparent UFO. And experts claim it is the real thing.

Karolina said in an email: "What's very strange about this is the fact that we didn't actually see this object in the sky while I was taking the photos.
"I only discovered it once I loaded the photos onto my computer as I didn't even look at the photos until then."

The images - taken around 3.50am - were taken eight minutes apart as Karolina and two pals drove through Central London. The apparent UFO is at an angle and appears to emit a mysterious blue light.

Karolina added: "None of us can come up with a reasonable answer to what this might have been.
"One of my friends, the driver, has grown up in London and he can't find a reasonable answer.
"He says he's never seen anything like it and that there definitely isn't any building in this area that could look like this."

UFO experts have been left scratching their heads over the sighting. Editor, cameraman and UFO researcher Chris Martin said: "I was looking for evidence that these have been fabricated.
"I couldn't find any evidence. It's unprecedented because she produced three pictures, which seems to show it's flying.

"My own evaluation is that these photographs are genuine and have not been digitally manipulated or hoaxed."

He added: "These photos are, in my opinion as a UFO researcher, absolutely astounding and show a real object seemingly under intelligent control.

"This is a classic flying saucer-shaped UFO."

A Ministry of Defence spokesperson did not comment on the sighting, saying: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromisedby hostile or unauthorised military activity.
"Unless there is evidence of a potential threat, there is no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported."

Looks like a blimp to me. Or some kind of airship.

It's actually the reflection of the car's binacle in the windscreen.

(The blue lines are the illuminated indentation, the larger elipse is the base of the dial and the light in the middle is where the little needle goes)

"under intelligent control"?

Nope, and neither was the camera.

UFO experts have been left scratching their heads over the sighting. Editor, cameraman and UFO researcher Chris Martin said: "I was looking for evidence that these have been fabricated.
"I couldn't find any evidence.
:rofl:

Well spotted Desparado, I thought it might be a reflection, but I couldn't figure out of what. When you realise it's a dial it's pretty obvious...

I don't live that far from the Thames and quite a few years back I saw a UFO flying roughly over the top of the river. Now I have very little interest in the subject so I have always treated it as an odd experience and left it at that. Anywho, I live in a second floor flat which has a communial balcony that faces in the direction of the river which is about half a mile away. Well one afternoon my ex was standing out there when he started shouting for me to come outside and have a look at something. When I did there was a round football sized white sphere that seemed to be travelling over the Thames. It wasn't moving aimlessly like a balloon it appeared to be going in a straight line towards central London. It suddenly stopped before shooting off back towards Gravesend at an incredible speed: the manoeuver, acceleration and the fact that there was no sound coming from it at all suggests that it was not a plane - then again it was round and I can't say I've come across any round planes. :D

It quite clearly is a reflection, why do people have to clutch at straws? :roll:

If its a clock then why cant we see the hour and minute hands ? and why are there no dial numbers on the photo? Secondly why does the angle of the UFO/"clock" change if the photos were took from the same seat/position in the car? Also if we go by the "reflection" argument then why did we not see the face of the photographer in the photo?
Too many questions here to discount this not being a UFO

Just accept there will always be a small number of people desperate to believe the way-out explanation in preference to the simple one.

TheOrigDesperado said:
Just accept there will always be a small number of people desperate to believe the way-out explanation in preference to the simple one.
Absolutely, and your avatar sums it up nicely!

wowsah156 said:
If its a clock then why cant we see the hour and minute hands ? and why are there no dial numbers on the photo? Secondly why does the angle of the UFO/"clock" change if the photos were took from the same seat/position in the car? Also if we go by the "reflection" argument then why did we not see the face of the photographer in the photo?

It's brighter that the face of the photographer, the second photo isn't taken from exactly the same angle and is taken a few minutes later, the resolution is too poor to see the fingers and numbers.

The big question if it was a UFO, is why did no-one else see something that apparent size in the centre of London for several minutes?

wowsah156 said:
If its a clock then why cant we see the hour and minute hands ? and why are there no dial numbers on the photo?

Only the surround of the clock is illuminated, the hands and numbers are not a light source.

Secondly why does the angle of the UFO/"clock" change if the photos were took from the same seat/position in the car?

If you look at the traffic, the first photo was taken with the photographer angled towards the driver's seat, the second with the photographer facing straight ahead.

Also if we go by the "reflection" argument then why did we not see the face of the photographer in the photo?

A windscreen slopes at an angle. Trying looking at an angled mirror and sees what is reflected.

No, there really isn't.

Cut to interior of flying saucer

ET ONE: No, no, no! It's quite clearly the reflection of the onboard thrustium wotsit thingummygauge.

ET TWO: (under his breath) (mutter, mutter)...no it's not...(mutter, humph)...it's a fuckin' ferris wheel!

I have to agree, it is a reflection of some kind of instrument, wether its a factory fitted clock, or a custom installed "extra", it's quite clear to see, especially in the second picture, that it is nothing more than a reflection.

Nah. I am not buying in to the clock argument yet.

The fact the photos were taken from the right window while the car was moving, suggest more issues. The photographer would have been sitting in the back/rear seat. So how would there have been a reflection of a "clock" when it would have been blocked by the driver in the front seat and the drivers seat itself? Again the clock argument doesnt add up. If we went with the reflection argument the back of the drivers head would have been in the photo more likely than a "clock".

Again to many issues to discount it being a UFO.

wowsah156 said:
Your either having a laugh or your seeing a different picture to the rest of us.

wowsah156 said:

The fact the photos were taken from the right window while the car was moving, suggest more issues. The photographer would have been sitting in the back/rear seat. So how would there have been a reflection of a "clock" when it would have been blocked by the driver in the front seat and the drivers seat itself? Again the clock argument doesnt add up. If we went with the reflection argument the back of the drivers head would have been in the photo more likely than a "clock".

Right window? the picture is taken through the windscreen.

Where does it say in the article that it was photographed from the windscreen? The article doesnt say. She was with 2 companions in the car. If it was taken from the front seat how come we dont see bits of the cars driver? How come we dont see the car's bonnet?

Again more questions.

wowsah156 said:
Where does it say in the article that it was photographed from the windscreen? The article doesnt say. She was with 2 companions in the car. If it was taken from the front seat how come we dont see bits of the cars driver? How come we dont see the car's bonnet?

Again more questions.

If the photos were taken from the right rear passenger seat, was the car travelling sideways? Or driving perpendicular to the traffic? And how come we can clearly see the car's bonnet?

Questions, questions, so many questions.

wowsah156 said:

The fact the photos were taken from the right window while the car was moving, suggest more issues.

What about the windscreen wipers and / or bonnet at the bottom of photo 1. Don't these give it away for you?

And what about that the 1st two photos were taken 8 minutes apart, therefore probably miles away from each other, yet the "ufo" is the same size and at the same angle?

And why I am explaining the obvious?

What's very strange about this is the fact that we didn't actually see this object in the sky while I was taking the photos.

Alarm bell 1

as Karolina and two pals drove through Central London

Behind glass, Alarm bell 2

The object has an almost identical colour, shape, and orientation in all the photos alarm bell 3

Its from 'The Sun' newspaper, alarm bell 4

After these 4 alarm bells rang, I got scared off, although I agree with the illuminated dash dial theory. Who are these experts? Why not just post on a UFO forum and see what comes up? s'pose they dont call it the scum for nothin[/b]

wowsah156 said:

Noticed in the Tesco car park earlier this evening that you can quite clearly see the reflection of the dashboard clock of a Ford KA in the windscreem from the driver's side (and nearly ran over an old lady in a mobility scooter as I wasn't watching where I was going.) I've just been out in the drive and I can see the reflection from the front passenger seat as well. Not sure that the car in the photo is a KA, as the dial's a different colour, but it could be another model of KA, or another make with a clock in a similar postion. Unfortunately my camera isn't sensitive enough to get pictures.

Back