• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Al Gore, Uri Geller & Enya connection

A

Anonymous

Maybe someone already posted abour this.

According to Uri Geller in Jack magazine:
I was with him (Al Gore) at his house in America and we were talking, when suddenly he got up and walked over to his CDs and said, "Uri, I want you to have this CD and I want you to listen to every word of it." And he gave me Enya's CD ....... I have the feeling that someday he will be president.

Enya! Ugghhhh. What a mush head.

Now isn't that final proof that AL Gore simply would not have been suitable as President?

Have you looked at her sales figures?

Besides, she's not just some new age crap like the ones that copy her.

My God! People copy her :eek:

I thought that the Lighthouse Family was as bad as it gets until I heard Enya. Advert music. And the Corrs too. La bloody la diddly la ... oi diddly oi. Agghhhhhh!

Alan Partrdige music.

But Gore getting all fired up on her lyrics. That would have been really scary.

Light house family are bad. But the Corrs is also a good band. What music do you listen to?

Al Gore will take bribes from anyone. Remember the Tibeatan monks that gave him
millions of dollars for his campaign financing, which I believe is illegal, but will he ever
see jail time, no way.(if I'm wrong on this one please correct me, but this type of news
usually gets forgotten over here in milliseconds)

BTW sales figures and albums sold does not equal great musical abilities or any talent
whatsoever, most pop stars don't even write their own music. Does she even play
any instruments beside her voice?

Would you vote for someone who is a compulsive liar, remember "I invented the internet"
Al Gore

Origonaly said by Al Gore
During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet.

What Gore was saying was that he did the political work and articulated the public vision that made the Internet possible. No reasonable person could conclude that Gore was claiming to have invented the Internet in any technical sense. The first half of his sentence makes this clear: he is talking about work he did in the context of his service in the Congress. The creation of the Internet was a process that had several phases and took several years, and Gore is claiming the principal credit for the political side of that effort. It is a substantial claim, but an accurate one.

Do you have any substantial proof of that?? In my opinion him and bush were way too
damn high to postulate anything except who's gonna roll the next one.

BTW even if I would have voted it would have been for my tabby Herbert. The president
is just a figurehead.:D :D

tastyintestines said:
Do you have any substantial proof of that??

Yes, it happened. :D Go do your research before you start making defamitry comments please!

Check this ou Adam

Top Ten Other Achievements Claimed By Al Gore
10. Was first human to grow an opposable thumb
9. Only man in world to sleep with someone named "Tipper"
8. Current Vice President - Moesha fan club
7. He invented the dog
6. While riding bicycle one day, accidentally invented the orgasm
5. Pulled U.S. out of early 90's recession by personally buying 6,000 T-shirts
4. Starred in CBS situation comedy with Juan Valdez, "Juan for Al, Al for Juan"
3. Was inspiration for Ozzy Osboune song "Crazy Train"
2. Came up with popular catchphrase "Don't go there, girlfriend"
1. Gave mankind fire

http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue5_10/wiggins/

Politician=spindoctor

Light house family are bad. But the Corrs is also a good band. What music do you listen to?

Mostly soul music and r 'n b. Anything black and especially with female singers. Also lots of classic jazz for weekends in the sun. Also like classical religious music - Bach and Pergolesi are particular favorites of mine.

The soundtrack to 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou' and a Burt Bacharach 'best-of' are also on my favorites list at the moment.

Would you rather vote for a president who was getting financed by Tibetan Monks or oil companies???

A tough and valid question. I don't have a particular love for either group. I guess it would depend on the characters. Not a choice I would want to be forced into. I'd prefer to vote for someone who wasn't taking money from either group. Then again - I'm not from the US so I don't vote in their elections.

The point is - I question the sanity of anyone who considers the lyrics of an Enya record to be significant. Just seems so bizarre.

And what was he doing hanging around with Uri Geller?

Jack magazine isn't bad. I took the launch copy abroad and found quite a bit of good stuff in it. From the same publishers as Fortean Times. The 'Random Thoughts of Richard Bacon' is quite good too. And there is a Jon Ronson article about the US anthrax attacks. Seems to me many of the same people who were behind 'The Idler' which I also liked.

tastyintestines said:
<snip>BTW sales figures and albums sold does not equal great musical abilities or any talent

If I'm not mistaken, there are a lot of singers whose main or only musical talent is to sing. And no, I don't think that Britney and Justin's ability to dance is considered "musical" ability.

tastyintestines said:
Al Gore will take bribes from anyone. Remember the Tibeatan monks that gave him
millions of dollars for his campaign financing, which I believe is illegal, but will he ever
see jail time, no way.(if I'm wrong on this one please correct me, but this type of news
usually gets forgotten over here in milliseconds)

BTW sales figures and albums sold does not equal great musical abilities or any talent

Enya is one of the most talneted people in music mate, she plays every single note of her music that she composes herself, sshe writes every single lyric and sing every last one of them. thats why she only releases an album every few years, because she is a perfectionist and spend all of her time making her own music, which is very rare these days.

I did not know that, the truth is I've only heard snippets of her music. Almost all the
music on mtv makes me nauseous, really, get me liquored up and I'll be in the bathroom
on my knees in seconds. If I ever run into somebody with the cd I'll give it a good
listen, you may be right and it could be some of the best music ever created, I'll post
my opinion if it ever happens. I like listening to bands, something with a backbone, I like
music you can pit to. Wheres she from?

Ioreeirland. Like the Corrs (and the Cranberries). As opposed to Ireland which is a modern European state.

Glensheen'sGirl said:
If I'm not mistaken, there are a lot of singers whose main or only musical talent is to sing. And no, I don't think that Britney and Justin's ability to dance is considered "musical" ability.

Erm... at the risk of sounding like God's elder brother... who's 'Justin'?

On thread...

I thought most of Enya's lyrics were self confessed gibberish that fitted the music (specifically Orinoco Flow)...or in gaelic, latin or (strange to say) Welsh. As to the lady's talent; music taste is pretty subjective, how ever, she not only uses the human voice as an instrument, but plays classical piano and synthesizers. TBH I'm not a fan, but as singer/songwriter perfomers go she is very talented. She just doesn't do it for me.

8¬)

harlequin said:
Erm... at the risk of sounding like God's elder brother... who's 'Justin'?

On thread...

I thought most of Enya's lyrics were self confessed gibberish that fitted the music (specifically Orinoco Flow)...or in gaelic, latin or (strange to say) Welsh. As to the lady's talent; music taste is pretty subjective, how ever, she not only uses the human voice as an instrument, but plays classical piano and synthesizers. TBH I'm not a fan, but as singer/songwriter perfomers go she is very talented. She just doesn't do it for me.

8¬)

britney spears and justin timberlake, is her boyfriend he is a band called n-sync. so my sister says...

and i agree about enya, to me she is total pants, but when it comes to her talent she has more than most.

My local butcher reckons Enya was heavily involved in the Remote Viewing exercises carried out by Nasa during the Apollo missions to the moon. His evidence was a little tenuous but he did once sell me a pork chop that looked like Kate Bush.

Simonstooge wrote,"Ioreeirland. Like the Corrs (and the Cranberries). As opposed to Ireland which is a modern European state." This clown is a racist and intellectually challenged. Feel free to ignore him.

What are you on about? This is the second time in several days that you have completely misunderstood something that I have written and turned nasty.

There is nothing racist about my point. I was making a distinction between media Celts and a political, economic and geographical reality. It is an opinion - and the there is absolutely nothing racist about my point.

So please stop having a go at me and argue the points instead of making it personal.

You made fun of the Irish accent. And you seem to forget your comment to me to take my medications. And you also seem to be a hypocrite as you always try to hijack threads as seen in your bs with adam rang's thread on the bilderbergs. See you don't like it when people point out your phony intellectualism and dross positivism. You question adam's thread as being a waste, yet here you are coming up with the stupidest thread ever. Maybe you should cut back on your meds.

You made fun of the Irish accent.
But I didn't. I made fun of a certain type of phony (tourist and export) Irish accent. Quite differfent. Some of my family is Irish, incidentally.

And you seem to forget your comment to me to take my medications
Which was in response to a huge and un necessary rant by you.

you also seem to be a hypocrite as you always try to hijack threads
No I don't. Would you prefer that everyone simply agreed with your point of view?

See you don't like it when people point out your phony intellectualism
Do you have an example?

here you are coming up with the stupidest thread ever.
Sorry. I thought that the idea of Al Gore recommending Enya records to Uri Geller was intriguing.

I'd be more upset about your attitude towards me which seems to have come from nowhere .. if it wasn't for the fact that I've seen you doing this to others before me.

Why are you so aggressive? It doesn't make sense given that you claim to be in favour of greater understanding in the world. Frankly you seem like a quite nasty person.

blah blah blah dross positivism
Why are you so negative?

You argue against conspiracy theorists, yet here u are wasting everyone's time in this section. If you think all this is bull then why don't you get out of this section. And, yes, when it comes to assholes from the right, I will not hold back from letting people know that u stink. So basically keep on with your stupid thread and your inane existence and I will always attack you whenever I can dumbass. I have three degrees dumbass and speak from historical knowledge. You obviously do not know how to argue academically as shown by your hijacking of threads. Scholars out there know exactly what you do. For those who are not in the liberal arts, there is a way we are supposed to argue our points. Go to adam's thread on the bilderbergs to see how simonstooge is a pompous cheater at this.

Do all the people you are friendly towards have to share the same ideas and beliefs? Are you ever friendly towards people with different religious or political opinions? If not then you are yourself basically a fascist.

And, yes, when it comes to assholes from the right, I will not hold back from letting people know that u stink
I wouldn't say that I am of the right. I would see you as being much more right wing than me .. with your libertarian stance. Me - I believe in laws to protect people etc. I also believe in discussion and society.

You argue against conspiracy theorists
Yes. Sometimes. Not always. Depends on the theory. Only a fool would believe all of them.

I have three degrees dumbass and speak from historical knowledge
Oh. Sorry I only have 2 degrees. BA Hons and and an MSc. I guess that makes me a bad person.

nwoisevil said:
You argue against conspiracy theorists, yet here u are wasting everyone's time in this section. If you think all this is bull then why don't you get out of this section. And, yes, when it comes to assholes from the right, I will not hold back from letting people know that u stink. So basically keep on with your stupid thread and your inane existence and I will always attack you whenever I can dumbass. I have three degrees dumbass and speak from historical knowledge. You obviously do not know how to argue academically as shown by your hijacking of threads. Scholars out there know exactly what you do. For those who are not in the liberal arts, there is a way we are supposed to argue our points. Go to adam's thread on the bilderbergs to see how simonstooge is a pompous cheater at this.

A balanced and useful post. A combination vituperation and fulmination that actually addresses none of the points and serves only to give an opinion of the mental abilities of the target. Bravo :hmph:

8¬)

nwoisevil said:
You argue against conspiracy theorists, yet here u are wasting everyone's time in this section. If you think all this is bull then why don't you get out of this section.

This is something you should take note of Simon, in the other thread you told everyone what rubbish Icke was but then went on to decline reading any of Icke's books or even looking at what Icke has done. All your doing is speaking from arogance.

Pahh! And here I was hoping to find out exactly why Al Gore would want UG to listen carefully to Enya's lyrics. I find the initial claim interesting, yes, but with no motive or hypothesis, it's hardly a conspiracy theory. For all we know Al and Uri were stoned and Al thought it was a kind gesture at that particular point in time.

As far as Enya goes - yes, she is extremely talented and creative. I do happen to like the music, also. It provides a good counterbalance to the somewhat heavy stuff I listen to while driving. But I like classical music, too.

If I could give Uri G a single album of music, I believe it would be Clutch's 'Transnational Speedway League'. That would certainly get him rockin'... heh.

All this bickering. It's no wonder UFO society MUFFIN folded. I was gutted. I can't get enough of toasted bread products in the morning. I heard that Judith Chalmers closed them down because they came too close to the truth about the atomic structure of her skin. Apparently it's made of the same substance that protects astronauts from the massive doses of radiation in the Van Halen belt.
"Jump!"
Quite.

This is what simonstooge says was a rant by me and led to his med comment:::Simonstooge wrote,"Yes and no. Many of the lies that were once told about Jews are now told about capitalists, bankers, merchants etc. Same people that the Nazis sought to portray as morally corrupt. The very notion of the 'big conspiracy' has its roots in anti Jewish hysteria. Conspiracists today [and through out history] seek to blame specific groups (others and outsiders) for the problems faced by their societies." I have a few points to make. First, Adam is completely right that Simon is trying to hijack the thread and totally move it away from discussion of the bilderbergers. Second, simonstooge has blundered in grouping merchants with capitalists. No anti-globalist would ever group mom and pop shops with conglomerations. Third, to equate the depiction of capitalist pigs with nazi depictions of Jewish people is ludicrous and disgusting. Finally, it is the capitalist swine which is responsible for the world's lack of peace and justice. Here in America most are starting to see how devoid of honesty the leadership is. History shows that it is the historical power that is fully to blame for the f%$^cked state we are in. Ralph Nader is right. Howard Zinn and Chomsky are right. Stooges with small minds will continue to try to warp the truth. Yes, bankers, corporations, military asswipes, etc. are to blame for the mess. The Carlisle Group, bilderbergers, and all fascist pigs are to blame. And these right wing nut jobs in power are on their last fumes. Fabricating a war on terrorism is their last ditch effort to control the world. As Bob Marley sung, none of them can stop the time.""""" Now does simonstooge respond to anything I wrote? Oh yeah, this is the same clown that can criticize a writer without reading their books. And his response that some of his family are Irish after I pointed out his racist slur toward the Irish reminded me of Idi Amin saying some of his best friends were Jewish during the Entebbe situation.

Oh yeah, this is the same clown that can criticize a writer without reading their books.

I've only criticised David Icke. The man is a loon. He believes that shape shifting lizards from another planet control the world. He believes that the British Royal Family and political leaders are shape shifting lizards. He isn't being ironic or metaphorical. Seriously - that is what he thinks .. check out his web site if you don't believe me. Seriously - how could anyone sensibly follow his thinking.

Sorry - I am not a royalist. I'm a Republican (in the British and Irish rather than US sense of that word). I have no love of inherited power. But I don't believe that the Royal Family are shape shifting lizards. I think that Icke is ill. He is the only writer I have ever refused to read seriously.

nwoisevil - you are so wide of the mark accusing me of being right wing etc. I really don't understand why you can't just make peace with me and, for example, simply accept that perhaps we don't understand our respective points of view. Perhaps our language is different. I don't understand why you express all this hate towards me. It kind of scares me.

I'm quite certain that you don't really believe that the world is controlled by shape shifting lizards from another planet. That would be mad. Perhaps you've missed out on Icke and his mad ideas.

I simply don't understand why you are doing this. It seems totally arbitrary.

Back