• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Altons: an English UFO/ crop circle hotspot

Waymarker

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
By Waymarker. (If the pics are too big for your monitor,drag the horizontal slider or hold CTRL and roll your mousewheel to shrink/enlarge)

The twin villages of Alton Barnes and Alton Priors in Wiltshire (circled) lie 15 miles north of Stonehenge and have been a focus of crop circle/UFO activity for many years-

Alton.gif

They're technically two separate villages but they're so close to each other that they're almost touching. The church is circled in between the two.

AltonB-P.gif

The old White Horse (carved 1812) (yellow circle), I wonder what aliens think of that..:)
Also note that in Google Earth if you left-click on the man icon (red circle) and hold the button down, roads will become blue-lined and you can drag him to any blue-lined spot and the camera will go there at ground level street view, as in the bottom pic, and you can also scan the camera 360 degrees to check out areas really well-
altonb.gif

Looking north towards the White Horse from Alton Barnes-
alton2.gif

Built in the 12th century (but some kind of sacred site was there long before that), Alton Priors church stands alone at the heart of UFO country with ancient sarsen stones buried beneath its floor. Unusually for most English churches, nobody seemed to want to build homes near it..
altoncA.gif

WIKI: ALTON PRIORS CHURCH- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Saints ... ton_Priors

There are sarsen stones under the Alton Priors church floor-
"I asked the gentleman if the church was open and he assured me that it was. I asked him if he knew anything about the sarsen stones under the church floor and he assured me they were there"
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/2233/

Maybe sarsens are some kind of "navigation beacons" for UFO's?

And maybe ancient peoples saw UFO's being attracted to sarsen stones and assumed they were demonic, so they carted the stones away and buried them under the hallowed church floor? Maybe they still attract UFO's?
Incidentally, sarsens were used to construct some parts of Stonehenge-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarsen
stone_henge_ufo.gif

Three crop formations in this one shot a mile southwest of Alton Barnes (although the village at top left is Honeystreet) Note that the 'road' running diagonally from top left to middle right is a canal, not a road-
alton-bb.gif

Goog Earth view showing the same three (now vanished) formations locations (circled yellow). North is to the left. Note White Horse at top left.
altondd.gif

A formation on a hill-
Alton-Ba.gif

And it's old location (circled). North at top, (Note White Horse again at top left)
alton-eee.gif

I've lived round these parts for 32 years, and i also have a job that means I get to travel round all these places at night.

I have seen a massive majority of the crop circles that appear in Alton Barnes, Alton Priors, Milk Hill, Honey street, East Kennett, West Kennett, Avebury, Beckhampton, Cherhill, Marlborough, Pewsey, Etchilhampton, Rockley, Liddington, Aldbourne and all the other surrounding villages that I can't be bothered to type out.

I have never seen a single odd thing in the skies, and never seen anything odd in the fields in the night or in the day.

But I have seen the guys out making them, and I have also seen them arrested for criminal damage.

Good, let's hope more hoaxers are rounded up!
Incidentally some enterprising farmers, rather than reporting hoaxers to the police, let them finish their artwork then make a mint by charging crop circle researchers an admission fee to the field to examine it..;)

Waymarker said:
Good, let's hope more hoaxers are rounded up!
Incidentally some enterprising farmers, rather than reporting hoaxers to the police, let them finish their artwork then make a mint by charging crop circle researchers an admission fee to the field to examine it..;)

Yup, they were at it again this year, charging £2 per person entry into the fields.

They should be nicked for extortion.

Back