• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Candyman

A

Anonymous

This is the jist of a conversation I recently heard in the pub,

An American scientist who defected to the Nazis during WW2 spent a year working directly with Hitler on a substance that once imbibed caused total bodily shutdown, replacating completely all the symptoms of death for up to a week. It is believed that Hitler took the substance as he waited in his bunker for enemy troops to find him. Believing Hitler to be dead, the Allied Troops buried him. Hitler, however, was still alive. By arrangement with his closest aides Hitler's body was exhumed and brought back to life, where, according to rumour, he lives on.
The American scientist fled Hitler's bunker without all his paperwork. Missing the exact formula required for his substance to replecate death the scientist's extraordinary compound was little more than a sweet-tasting candy, which indeed is what it is today. Unable to continue a career in science, the American established his own candy company. Under certain temperatures and pressures, however, the candy reverts back to its original state. It is believed that a number of mysterious deaths can be traced back to consuming the candy in its orignal state. The number of people buried whilst still alive can only be guessed.
Oh and by the way, the American scientist's name ?
...Harry Bow

Well, I doubt that anyone is buried alive anymore, seeing as how they remove your blood and replace it with enbalming fluid...

The end of the tale "Harry Bow" also seems a little too cute for me to be true.

That said, there is a chemical that will closely simulate death (although the lack of oxygen in a coffin would undobtedly kill anyone before a week). I don't know the name, but it is the substance used in Voodoo to create "Zombies", and is the subject of the true story in the film (which I've seen) and book (which I haven't read) of The Serpent And The Rainbow.

charlie said:
By arrangement with his closest aides Hitler's body was exhumed and brought back to life, where, according to rumour, he lives on.
Wouldnt that make him 112 years old by now, or is this stuff supposed to make him live longer too :confused:
Carole

I think that in Hitlers case the effects of any induced form of suspended animation would probably been nullified by the loss of blood caused by the large section of the top of his skull that had been blown off when he shot him self, also leaving his brian splatered across a bunker wall.

Wm.

Bagins said:
I think that in Hitlers case the effects of any induced form of suspended animation would probably been nullified by the loss of blood caused by the large section of the top of his skull that had been blown off when he shot him self, also leaving his brian splatered across a bunker wall.

Wm.

Not to mention being cremated by his aides before the Russians could get hold of his body. If the candy could reconstitute him from that , why, the makers of Snack Pot would be very interested in its formulation.

Charlie i have to say reading your posts and the replies to them make my day.

:eek:

Well, if the "Harry Bow" name refers to Harribo candy, that name is short for "Harald Richter, Bonn" as in the German city, where the candy is made. And they've been making them since way before AH, so there goes that! :D

trollface said:
That said, there is a chemical that will closely simulate death (although the lack of oxygen in a coffin would undobtedly kill anyone before a week). I don't know the name, but it is the substance used in Voodoo to create "Zombies", and is the subject of the true story in the film (which I've seen) and book (which I haven't read) of The Serpent And The Rainbow.

It's called tetrodotoxin, found in puffer fish. The Serpent and the Rainbow describes it as "160,000 times more potent than cocaine".

Puffer fish is eaten in Japan, prepared by specially trained and licensed chefs, who remove the toxic parts. Thrill seeking diners like to have a bit of the toxin left in, since in tiny doses it produces euphoria.

The Serpent and the Rainbow recounts several cases of Japanese people, believed dead from puffer fish poisoning, who revived just before being buried or cremated.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by James Whitehead
Hitler's Brian? Maybe Eva did for him . . .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont miss a thing do you James...Nice one.
Originally posted by p.younger

Hitler's Brian...who was Brian? Don't remember him in the Nazi line-up? ;)

Sorry Hermes, it was just a play on words from a miss spelling of the word brain.;)

p.younger said:
Sorry Hermes, it was just a play on words from a miss spelling of the word brain.;)

S'Okay, p.younger. Just pulling yer leg too!

:D

p.younger said:
Dam spelling again. (Dyslexia rules KO)

Wm.

Bagins said:

Wm.

Aw, c'mon, Bagins, you're not going to let a little thing like a bullet in the brain get in the way of those 'sightings' in S America, are you?

Carole

PS My husband's called Brian and he often gets letters addressed to Mr Brain XXXX:)

Have you quizzed your husband carefully about his age and
previous partners, Carole? :eek!!!!:

trollface said:
I'm Brian, and so's my wife.

We may need to take similar measures to the newsgroup alt.fan.pratchett, which has a fine of 20p for each Monty Python quote.

So I'm afraid it's time to welease Bwian (*chink*).

carole said:
Aw, c'mon, Bagins, you're not going to let a little thing like a bullet in the brain get in the way of those 'sightings' in S America, are you?

Carole

Of cause not I was just casting doubt on the effectiveness of any compound capable of inducing a near death state on someone whom is basicaly dead any way:D

Wm.

oh my god

You people spent like 8 posts pointing out a misspelling.

Me to me to.

Brian who the crapper is brian and what was he doing with hitler anyway.

hahahahahahahahaha

Brian!

rusty lee said:
nazis, bilderberg group, kids in dungarees.
i'm scared.

Not THE Rusty Lee? From the telly?
Well hello!

charlie said:
This is the jist of a conversation I recently heard in the pub,

I think that explains the whole thing straight away... ;)

Back