• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The coming Of Tan

Doh! My Brain Hurts!!!

Strangely, just looking at those mysterious symbols seemed to sap my will to live. :rolleyes:

At least 'little Riley's' allowed pointy pencil crayons and not just the safer wax ones!

It's 'little Riley's' arse that's need'n tanned if ye ask me! :madeyes:

Edited for vituperative conciseness.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The year is 1978. It is the Independence Day, the fourth day of July. Twelve-year-old Jeff lives with his parents, an eight-year-old brother Jeffrey, and a dog named Bruiser.

Jeff stays to play with a friend, and around 8:00 in the evening he's on his way home through a half-mile wooded area. Mom sends David to meet him, because she worries about her younger son.

He had in fact been abducted by aliens!! :eek!!!!:

My God, all singing, all dancing , he does it all!

This guy may be a bull-moose looney, but this is definately fantastic as outsider art.

Beam me up!

As an aside, I am disappointed by how quick to mock some here on the boards are. Keep in mind that the mainstream has some pretty wacked-out beliefs and follies, too. People like this should be treated, errr, cherished for lending a little character to this drab plane. Remember, this is a "Fortean" board, not a "skeptical" board.

/end chiding

[EDIT]
Those of a Discordian bent would be quick to point out that obviously Eris is the god that loves us most, since she sends us so many prophets! ;)
Just because they seem like wackos doesn't rule out the possibility that their screeds may contain enlightened universal truths. (Ok, I'm really pushing it there. Some people are just nuts.)

re Andro man

I know, I know!! I was sitting here "in a daze" looking at them "symbols" and finnally shook my head and said" this has goota stop!!" so I left the site and went to "unknowncountry" and I don't remember much after that...
Strangely, just looking at those mysterious symbols seemed to sap my will to live.
:wow: :rofl:

Eww, I'd have hoped the aliens would have better taste than third grade crayon art.

I thought I was going to read that my wardrobe had finally become stylish, but no...

Philo T said:
As an aside, I am disappointed by how quick to mock some here on the boards are. Keep in mind that the mainstream has some pretty wacked-out beliefs and follies, too. People like this should be treated, errr, cherished for lending a little character to this drab plane. Remember, this is a "Fortean" board, not a "skeptical" board.

/end chiding
I just couldn't resist the play on the name 'Tan.' ;)

Duly chastised, here. :p

well..

should we ban tan? or stick where we stand ? Its all to weird to understand tan. I just took it and ran, understand . Maybe its a conspirecy from Iran!! this whole story of Tan!! I could start a band and name it Tan !! Unless of couse its copyrighted , Damn!!:cross eye

Ruff, stear clear of any more of that kickapoo joy juice, guy! ;)

hey somebody turn on the fan!!

:_pished: its so hot in here I could get a tan! let me see I'll put on "the Band" what memories from distant lands! I worked hard off the coast of Japan! the military sevice enabled me to see different lands!! lets all hold hands (lets not) :blah:

Actually, on second look, this guy seems to be actively selling his book on any radio program that'll let him near a microphone. (I suspect this "Curtis Cooperman" is the one that's actually pushing things.) To me, this makes it seem more that he's not necessarily speaking from the heart, and hence, not quite as "genuine" a looney.

What's strange is that his representational art is done with so little skill. But the symbols he draws look a lot like 60's/70's psychedelic art I've seen from the Soviet Union. Sort of like some of the line drawings used to illustrate some American editions of Stanislaw Lem's writings.

Back