• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

This is a very good piece on 'The world coronavirus hoax', basically pointing out that there are many, very well qualified, people coming out with reports saying that the covid-19 is no worse than any annual seasonal flu, and how governments the world over are finding it convenient to use it to lockdown populations and rush to bring in new legislation.
Some of his way of communicating his opinion is a little gung-ho, but interesting nonetheless. And it's a bit of a long watch at 30 minutes but worth watching.
I stopped watching when he said 9/11 was a false flag.

This is a very good piece on 'The world coronavirus hoax', basically pointing out that there are many, very well qualified, people coming out with reports saying that the covid-19 is no worse than any annual seasonal flu, and how governments the world over are finding it convenient to use it to lockdown populations and rush to bring in new legislation.
Some of his way of communicating his opinion is a little gung-ho, but interesting nonetheless. And it's a bit of a long watch at 30 minutes but worth watching.

Always trust a guy who starts his opening argument with a quote from Frank Zappa...

Governments have been slowly eroding civil liberties and personal choice for years they don't need a fucking virus to do this.

Also if it's a big conspiracy how did they recruit all the tens of thousands of scientists and health professionals to become Illuminati henchmen?

Again, as I've said it before and I'll say it again it isn't the flu and its a novel virus.

If you want an overview, with no political agenda then listen to Dan Snow's interview with John Oxford - good for us laymen, (a couple of weeks old now).

https://play.acast.com/s/dansnowshistoryhit/b48879a9-6eb5-4f02-8597-e2b9e81ee9ba

Last edited:
TRAGIC: Multiple nations bought faulty test kits from China. But nowhere has their impact been more devastating than in Spain, currently reeling under the world's second-highest number of COVID-19 deaths. It's time to loosen China's grip on supply chains. https://t.co/DanTRzdE8c

FIRST: I don't accept this video as fact - though it appears plausible.

SECOND: Watch it anyway as it is interesting.

THIRD: I studied many conspiracy theories in the past and again will state,
few can be proven as fact BUT often there is some truth in many of them.

We can not dispute that this pandemic is not only dangerous but down right
weird and you can't blame reasonable people for reaching for any explanation to
explain what if going on. It's like an old episode from Rod Serling's
'THE TWILIGHT ZONE'. If any of you watched the series, probably reruns as
it is too old for most of you to have seen it originally. Still it is a classic
sci-fi series - And at the end of the show Rod Serling would come out with a
clever explanation as to why people behaved the way they did when confronted
by a weird phenomena - Aren't we seeing that now? And I'm still not sure whether
it is overreaction or underreaction that is most dangerous today ???

An actual conspiracy, to bomb a hospital/

(BELTON, Mo.) — A man fatally injured by the FBI was planning a bomb attack on a medical facility in the Kansas City area, the agency said in a news release Wednesday.

Timothy Wilson, 36, was injured Tuesday when FBI agents served a probable cause arrest warrant in Belton after a long-running domestic terrorism investigation, according to a statement Wednesday from Timothy Langan, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Kansas City office.

Wilson chose a hospital that was providing critical care during the current coronavirus pandemic and had taken steps to acquire materials to build the bomb in an attempt to cause “severe harm and mass casualties,” according to the statement.

https://time.com/5810734/fbi-terrorist-bomb-coronavirus-hospital/

Mr Johnson has been warned by scientific advisers that China's officially declared statistics on the number of cases of coronavirus could be 'downplayed by a factor of 15 to 40 times'. And No 10 believes China is seeking to build its economic power during the pandemic with 'predatory offers of help' countries around the world.

Wider Discussion:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nfuriate-No-10.html?__twitter_impression=true

Always trust a guy who starts his opening argument with a quote from Frank Zappa...
Absolutely (lol)
Indeed, I can't say that I 100% agree with everything he says, but a lot of it is very interesting indeed.
When it got to his points about his group looking into claims relating to stock markets etc, and then later (near to the end) when he was referring to previous posts of his, I gotta say I wasn't that interested.

Mr Johnson has been warned by scientific advisers that China's officially declared statistics on the number of cases of coronavirus could be 'downplayed by a factor of 15 to 40 times'. And No 10 believes China is seeking to build its economic power during the pandemic with 'predatory offers of help' countries around the world.

Wider Discussion:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nfuriate-No-10.html?__twitter_impression=true
I'm glad he won't be accepting any bullshit. China has to be held to account for this mess.

Not to make it political, but when this is over do you really think Europe will be in a state to stand up to China?

I just read that only 43% or Republicans in the USA are taking C-19 seriously. Given that they are generally men (more at risk of dying) and old, and don't like anyone telling them what to do, I think the outcome is easy to predict. Consider now the knock-on effects in November, and for every subsequent election.

I just read that only 43% or Republicans in the USA are taking C-19 seriously. Given that they are generally men (more at risk of dying) and old, and don't like anyone telling them what to do, I think the outcome is easy to predict. Consider now the knock-on effects in November, and for every subsequent election.

If you think their situation is bad, you will be horrified at what Jair Bolsonaro is doing about the virus in Brazil. He is going the right way to get everyone killed.

Trump needs to be a LOT more specific and directly address the American people about it, saying 'shit's serious now'.
I haven't seen him making any serious speeches about it.

Are this really?

Both issues already discussed upthread.

Giuliani sanctioned by Twitter for promoting fake cures.

Trump personal attorney and confidant Rudy Giuliani posted a tweet featuring misinformation about the coronavirus and Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, which was then deleted by Twitter because it violated the platform’s rules.

On Friday, Giuliani tweeted direct quotes from dedicated Trump supporter Charlie Kirk, rather than retweeting him for some reason.

Rudy-tweet.jpg

The tweets link now gives users the message “This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules.”

Kirk made that concentrated series of false claims in a tweet that was also deleted Friday for violating the rules:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/twitt...sinformation-and-false-attack-on-gov-whitmer/

Giuliani sanctioned by Twitter for promoting fake cures.

Trump personal attorney and confidant Rudy Giuliani posted a tweet featuring misinformation about the coronavirus and Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, which was then deleted by Twitter because it violated the platform’s rules.

On Friday, Giuliani tweeted direct quotes from dedicated Trump supporter Charlie Kirk, rather than retweeting him for some reason.

Rudy-tweet.jpg

The tweets link now gives users the message “This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules.”

Kirk made that concentrated series of false claims in a tweet that was also deleted Friday for violating the rules:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/twitt...sinformation-and-false-attack-on-gov-whitmer/

Is it fake though? I thought it was being seriously tested as a possible interim solution before a full vaccine is available. It has the benefit of already being an approved drug for its intended purposes, although trials are obviously needed to find out if it actually works for this purpose.

Is it fake though? I thought it was being seriously tested as a possible interim solution before a full vaccine is available. It has the benefit of already being an approved drug for its intended purposes, although trials are obviously needed to find out if it actually works for this purpose.
It was being seriously considered, yes. Although it does have its own serious side effects.

If you go to the article at the link:

Like many states, Michigan is warning prescribers not to hoard the medications for themselves by improperly self-prescribing.

It’s literally the first sentence in the warning letter:

The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs has received multiple allegations of Michigan physicians inappropriately prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to themselves, family, friends, and/or coworkers without a legitimate medical purpose.

The letter also notes that the drug is not proven effective against Covid-19, and that improper prescribing may be “investigated”:

Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven treatments. Reports of this conduct will be evaluated and may be further investigated for administrative action. Prescribing any kind of prescription must also be associated with medical documentation showing proof of the medical necessity and medical condition for which the patient is being treated. Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19.

As the letter notes, these prescribing practices are causing shortages of the drugs for patients suffering from ailments that hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are actually proven to treat.

It's 100% percent effective in curing you of Covid-19 if it kills you, which it easily can do. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/health/arizona-coronavirus-chloroquine-death/index.html

If you go to the article at the link:

Like many states, Michigan is warning prescribers not to hoard the medications for themselves by improperly self-prescribing.

It’s literally the first sentence in the warning letter:

The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs has received multiple allegations of Michigan physicians inappropriately prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to themselves, family, friends, and/or coworkers without a legitimate medical purpose.

The letter also notes that the drug is not proven effective against Covid-19, and that improper prescribing may be “investigated”:

Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven treatments. Reports of this conduct will be evaluated and may be further investigated for administrative action. Prescribing any kind of prescription must also be associated with medical documentation showing proof of the medical necessity and medical condition for which the patient is being treated. Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19.

As the letter notes, these prescribing practices are causing shortages of the drugs for patients suffering from ailments that hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are actually proven to treat.

Which begs the question. Does it actually work? Russia, Bahrain and China all say it does, to some extent at least. Not sources I'd trust my life to, though :)

QUOTE="kamalktk, post: 1947379, member: 42922"]It's 100% percent effective in curing you of Covid-19 if it kills you, which it easily can do. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/health/arizona-coronavirus-chloroquine-death/index.html[/QUOTE]

They consumed a fish tank additive, not the medicine we are talking about. Darwin award, methinks.

It certainly is a drug that you can't just gulp down like Smarties. But if it can be used in hospitals to save lives as is alleged, they why not?

As with so much in this situation, there is a lot of loud opinionating from opposing camps but very little actual knowledge. Given the more pessimistic estimates of casualties, should we (in the West) not at least be investigating these claims rather than dismissing them? We are all being told it is a somewhat urgent situation, are we not?

Last edited:
A lot of 'China must pay' feeling bubbling around...

How does this work exactly?

If the comments above about the true human cost in China are true then I think we can rule out the conspiracy of this being man made in China to spread to the rest of the world.

As interesting as the biowarfare idea is, the reality is almost certainly this is just a new powerful strain.

If it came from the Chinese wet market are we really taking this approach? Heavy sanctions and 'must pay' recriminations because a culture's bizarre to us diet was the cause?

So if CJD had gone pandemic would the rest of the world have been lining British and a French farmers up against the wall. Seems a pretty culturally insensitive, borderline racist approach.

If China are looking to capitalise on the situation for economic benefit, is this a trait we don't see in the West? Again, add very colonial do as we say not as we do approach.

The reaction strikes me as fear that our strong and comfortable position in the West is under threat and, damn it, we need to put Charlie Chan and Co in their place, what ho?

Exactly the kind of conflict-mongering that will see us through this turbulent period and immediately into a new Cold War scenario goading China until we can find a legitimate reason to go to war. The last thing any of us needs.

Looking like it's no longer a conspiracy theory then:

A source said: 'There is a disgusting disinformation campaign going on and it is unacceptable. They [the Chinese government] know they have got this badly wrong and rather than owning it they are spreading lies.'

A lot of 'China must pay' feeling bubbling around...

How does this work exactly?

If the comments above about the true human cost in China are true then I think we can rule out the conspiracy of this being man made in China to spread to the rest of the world.

As interesting as the biowarfare idea is, the reality is almost certainly this is just a new powerful strain.

If it came from the Chinese wet market are we really taking this approach? Heavy sanctions and 'must pay' recriminations because a culture's bizarre to us diet was the cause?

So if CJD had gone pandemic would the rest of the world have been lining British and a French farmers up against the wall. Seems a pretty culturally insensitive, borderline racist approach.

If China are looking to capitalise on the situation for economic benefit, is this a trait we don't see in the West? Again, add very colonial do as we say not as we do approach.

The reaction strikes me as fear that our strong and comfortable position in the West is under threat and, damn it, we need to put Charlie Chan and Co in their place, what ho?

Exactly the kind of conflict-mongering that will see us through this turbulent period and immediately into a new Cold War scenario goading China until we can find a legitimate reason to go to war. The last thing any of us needs.
Everybody's been saying this for a long time - China needs to be a lot more open and operate according to international rules.
If they'd been honest early on and said to the rest of the world - 'help us, we can't cope, this looks like a pandemic' - then other countries would have rallied round to help (if they'd allowed us to).
So... the Chinese government is completely culpable. We'll all find it very difficult to get them to admit to anything and accept blame, so really the only thing we can do is vote with our wallets.
Not racism, just common sense.

Whew....this has strayed 'off topic' considerably hasn't it?

(Comment refers to gratuitous tangent that's now been removed.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back