• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Illuminati - A Raw Deal?

What are your views on the Illuminati?

• The Illuminati exist and are good guys.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Illuminati exist and are bad guys.

• The Illuminati did exist (but not now) and are good guys.

• The Illuminati did exist (but not now) and are bad guys.

• The Illuminati have no historical basis in any form, and are basically cobblers.

• I am undecided about the existance of the Illuminati, and there relative merits.

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

The Illuminati keep getting fingered as *the* evil conspiracy, but are they?

From "Everything is under control" by Robert Anton Wilson

The Illuminati known to most historians was founded on May 1, 1776, in Ingolstatd, Bavaria, by a freemason (and former Jesuit) named Adam Weishaupt. According to the Encylopedia Brittanica, the Illuminati managed to influence many Masonic lodges and gained "a commanding position" in the movement of "republican free thought," i.e. anti-royalist and pro-democratic secularism. They attracted such literary men as Goethe and Herder, but the movement came to an end when the Illuminati were banned by the Bavarian government in 1785.

To be honest, and this could be considered to be controversial, they don't seem to be a bad bunch. How many of us would disagree with the view that "republican free thought" (particularly at that time) was a bad thing? It is even understandable why secrecy would envelope them. I can't imagine the "powers that be" in Europe at the time being enamoured with their aims.

So, Illuminati; good guys, or bad guys?:)

I won't hear a word said against the Illuminati. They managed to get me a lifelong membership to Jersey's most exclusive golf club, despite there being a waiting list of over 35 years. And who else is going to get you a box of Cuban, "Virgin Honey" cigars for less than twenty pounds? Not Sir Baden Powell that's for sure. (Actually he's not a good example.)

charlie said:
I won't hear a word said against the Illuminati. They managed to get me a lifelong membership to Jersey's most exclusive golf club, despite there being a waiting list of over 35 years. And who else is going to get you a box of Cuban, "Virgin Honey" cigars for less than twenty pounds? Not Sir Baden Powell that's for sure. (Actually he's not a good example.)

Well there's one satisfied customer. ;)

Well if this is their credo, I dont like the sound of it, the words "final solution" come to mind.

p.younger said:
Well if this is their credo, I dont like the sound of it, the words "final solution" come to mind.

This bunch do sound a bit iffy. Could be bandwagoners. In the words of the advertising exec. "The Illuminati" has go a *lot* of brand recoginition. (The same appears to be true of a lot of mystical and highly schismatic sects such as the Rosicrucians, etc.)

Ah! My Fortean Forte Fortis!

Who can tell Fortis...

Although Faggus is wrong: Weishaupt's Illuminati is a historical fact; I best copy this post instead of writing it a third time. BTW you can edit your polls without deleting the whole thread.

If Weishaupt's Illuminati has survived into the present day either they have a really bad PR team or they're giving exactly the public image they want.

That's assuming, of course, that he current Illuminati is the same as Weishaupt's. The problem is that the Illuminati have become synonymous with the whole concept of a Global Conspiracy!

That said if I was a Global Conspiracy this would be precisely the public image I'd want. If anyone pursuing me were to uncover in the research that I was Extreme Left/Right Conspiracy with a goal of World Domiantion/Salvation of behalf of/from 12 foot Lizards/Jews/Nazis/Communists/Royalists/Capitalists/Globalists/Space Aliens/Elder Gods (delete as required) then how the heck would they get to the truth of my real goals and methods?

Read the "Illuminatus! Trilogy"; I tell you three times!

Niles "Would The All Seeing Eye Please Blink" Calder

Re: Ah! My Fortean Forte Fortis!

Niles Calder said:
Who can tell Fortis...

Although Faggus is wrong: Weishaupt's Illuminati is a historical fact; I best copy this post instead of writing it a third time. BTW you can edit your polls without deleting the whole thread.

If Weishaupt's Illuminati has survived into the present day either they have a really bad PR team or they're giving exactly the public image they want.

That's assuming, of course, that he current Illuminati is the same as Weishaupt's. The problem is that the Illuminati have become synonymous with the whole concept of a Global Conspiracy!

That said if I was a Global Conspiracy this would be precisely the public image I'd want. If anyone pursuing me were to uncover in the research that I was Extreme Left/Right Conspiracy with a goal of World Domiantion/Salvation of behalf of/from 12 foot Lizards/Jews/Nazis/Communists/Royalists/Capitalists/Globalists/Space Aliens/Elder Gods (delete as required) then how the heck would they get to the truth of my real goals and methods?

Read the "Illuminatus! Trilogy"; I tell you three times!

Niles "Would The All Seeing Eye Please Blink" Calder

Hmmmmm. Circles within circles. ;)

I still suspect that they were a bunch of liberal intellectuals. (Though in some quarters, that would be at least enough rope to hang them;))

On my first attempt to edit the polls, I failed miserably, and decided on the scorched earth approach. If I'd known that there were all these people banging at my door, I'd have tried for longer.;)

(Hmmm, winking smiley count is now at three. Very bad. Must. Stop. Using. Smileys. :))

Finally, |I now have a postal address for the Illuminati. I'm wondering if I should forward it to David Icke...

Registrant:
Carter, Richard (ONEWORLDORDER4-DOM)
18363 Valley Boulevard, S-17
Bloomington, CA 92316-1741
US

Domain Name: ONEWORLDORDER.COM

Administrative Contact:
Carter, Richard (RC23843) [email protected]

18363 Valley Boulevard, S-17
Bloomington, CA 92316-1741
US
(909) 421-0728 (909) 820-2927

So much for an all powerful secret society. (Or maybe that is what they want us to believe. Aaaagggghhhhh!!!!)

LOL! :D

The Illuminati: A secret society now recruiting online!

If these guys are Weishaupt's Illuminati then my name's really Hagbard Celene! (and it isn't, okay!)

Niles "Hermese Celene-Baker" Calder

At a rough guess, there are currently as many organisations claiming to be the Bavarian Illuminati, as there are "genuine" orders of Templars.

Really, if they were the super-secret society that runs the governments of the world, why aren't they doing a better job of it?

ER I hate to inturrupt but who the %!#* are the Illuminati i'm afraid demonology is a little close and I have no idea what the hell your talking about.

Illuminati is latin I know and also a word still used in religious ceremonies.

I think I like these people already though what else can they get cheap and if they are some evil sect I need some people killing(joking ):p

Please enlighten me

Demon Avenger said:
ER I hate to inturrupt but who the %!#* are the Illuminati i'm afraid demonology is a little close and I have no idea what the hell your talking about.

My friend, steer clear of the infernal Shea/Wilson trilogy...Chapel Perilous is not worth the admission fee ;)

The real illuminati are the weishaupt dictionary definition, but this has snowballed since the 1700's into the rothschild/bilderberger/mc.donalds/w.t.o./jesuit/black pope/illuminati/
suffice to say if..they do exist, they are quite rich and probably read this board, or have someone do it for them :)

I'd like to second what dawhat said about 'Illuminantus'. It has dated VERY badly. It was fine when I first read it 25 years ago, when I enjoyed the smut and still remembered the period it described. Now; well, I picked the book up and started to read... one badly toothmarked bullet later ( I was damned if it was going beat me) I think the salient points it still has could be transcribed on five or six pieces of legal sized paper.

Sic transit gloria mundi

8¬)

Is it true that Gloria ran off to live with Old Thrad?

Why do you think she's transiting? and as to the Sicing part...we both know old Thrad's habits....

8¬)

(With apoloigies to Fortis for Shang-Haiing the thread :D... Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war!' - The Illuminanti lie ahead)

Ryn & Harle: I have my suspicions that if anyone would be an Illuminati Primus it would be Old Thrad. It was him that introduced me to HC (and HC to me).

It's like I always say: you infiltrate a global conspiracy only to discover its highest ranking member is George the Janitor!

Niles "Worried about these Golden Delicious Apples and the Milka Cow" Calder

Eeek! Just spotted a horrible gramatical error in the poll (or should it be pole;) )

I suspect that it is part of a consiracy to discredit me in front of my piers. ;) (Dangerous Victorian seaside constructions though they are, I do value their opinions more than DI's. ;) )

The Illuminati are not to be confused with the 'Bavarian Iluminati'. The Bavarian Illuminati are just one such secret society but the Illuminati is the name given to the group that controls the smaller secret societies (the 34th degree of freemasonary) ect.

Fortis said:
I suspect that it is part of a consiracy to discredit me

I fear it's too late, the illumined ones have struck again!
Someone has taken the p :D

Adam Rang said:
The Illuminati are not to be confused with the 'Bavarian Iluminati'. The Bavarian Illuminati are just one such secret society but the Illuminati is the name given to the group that controls the smaller secret societies (the 34th degree of freemasonary) ect.

How did this other group get their name, or how did the rest of the world find out about it? I have a suspicion that it probably arose out of rumours that, in turn, arose out of the stories about the original Bavarian Illuminati. If any organisation is secretive, then outlandish tales seem to naturally arise. (Take, for example, christians in 1st century Rome. These were widly perceived to be carrying out human sacrifice involving babies. Presumably this sprung out of all the "this is my body, this is my blood" stuff.)

Adam Rang said:

Except that the Bavarian Illuminati were an actual organisation, said to be behind the American Revolution, and also responsible for the Eye in Pyramid device used in the Seal of the President of the United States, while the Illuminati are a hypothetical (or at least they hope we think so) organisation that controls the world governments.

In fact, according to my sources (Robert Anton Wilson's Everything is Under Control amongst others that aren't readily at hand) claim that the supposed Illuminati are in fact the Bavarian Illuminati after they were forced underground in 1786 (or thereabouts).

As for this group recruiting on the Web, I have no idea who they think they are.

The Bavarian Illuminati are a documented organisation but the reason why 'illuminati' became the universal name for 'THEM' (the global elite) is becuase its name means basically people of the light.... light being a metaphor for knowledge (which is believed among conspiracy thoerists to origonate from the babylonian mystery schools... some... like Icke and Cooper.... go as far to say ET's).

As for the eye in the pyramid, american revoloution etc they are all credited with the Illuminati but you have to remember that secret societies and organisations like the freemasons and the Bavarian Illuminati are all sub-organisations of the Illuminati, go up far enough to the top of their pyramid and you will see who really controls them. There was a book... cant remember the name right now... about a former freemason who talked about the '34th degree' of freemasonry and said that even though he was a 33rd degree freemason he saw people 'progress' to the next level.

An eminent political science Prof once said to me, "History is comprised of many conspiracies but history itself is not a conspiracy".

Yeah, Weishybaby did exist and he formed an enlightened society called the Illuminati that fizzled out. Nothing exciting to anyone besides paranoid nutcases.;)

She.

I did my own research into the Illuminati. Paranoid crackpot conspiracy theories pushed by loony (and usually anti semite) semi literate types are my hobby. So are UFO's, they are fun too.:)

FREEMASONS

Read in the UK press that next Saturday (29th June) is a sort of Freemason's Open Day, when any Tom, Dick and Harry can go to the local Temple and ask questions about what they do, see the regalia, etc.

See your local press for details.

PS: Here's a load of links.

No way! They might sacrifice me in an evil ceremony and I am on a promise from a gorgeous horny Aryan Nazi alien girl who only wears jackboots and a swastika armband and needs my seed to use to build a master race of nordic Nazi aliens or something like that. I wasn't really interested. She beams down from her Porsche Saucer most nights straight into my bedroom. Beats anal probes that is for sure.:D

The Fireclown said:
No way! They might sacrifice me in an evil ceremony and I am on a promise from a gorgeous horny Aryan Nazi alien girl who only wears jackboots and a swastika armband and needs my seed to use to build a master race of nordic Nazi aliens or something like that. I wasn't really interested. She beams down from her Porsche Saucer most nights straight into my bedroom. Beats anal probes that is for sure.:D
You too? Those Aryan Nazi Alien Girls get around, don't they? (I wouldn't mind, myself, but every night gets a bit wearing.)

What kind of open day can Freemasons hold anyway? Do they put the bag on your head first?

"What's in this room?"

"This is where we hold our third order ceremonies."

"Can I have a look?"

"No. Moving on, here's the kitchen."

"What's that goat doing over there?"

Back