• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Lucifer Project

sonofajoiner

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Has anyone ever heard of this? A secret project to kick start habitable living conditions on Titan using the Cassini satellite? And the super-rich elites of earth will beggar off and live there whilst the rest of us are killed by deadly space radiation? This is a conspiracy that truly has something for everyone.

The story: On October 15th 1997, the Cassini-Huygens mission blasted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station to explore Saturn and its moons. It continues to study the ringed gas giant today and its mission has been extended till 2010. Cassini is is powered by 32.8 kg (72 lbs) of plutonium fuel. A radioactive power source is the only option for missions travelling beyond the orbit of Mars as sunlight is too weak for solar panels to be effective. However, NASA (in association with secret organizations, such as the Illuminati or the Freemasons) wants to use this plutonium for a "higher purpose", dropping Cassini deep into Saturn at the end of its mission where atmospheric pressures will be so large that it will compress the probe, detonating like a nuclear bomb. What's more, this will trigger a chain reaction, kick-starting nuclear fusion, turning Saturn into a fireball. This is what has become known as The Lucifer Project. This second sun will have dire consequences for us on Earth, killing millions from the huge influx of radiation by this newborn star. Earth's loss becomes the Saturn moon Titan's gain, suddenly it is habitable and the organizations playing "God" can start a new civilization in the Saturn system. What's more, exactly the same thing was attempted when the Galileo probe was dropped into Jupiter's atmosphere in 2003…

LINK to Universe Today article Part 1/Part 2

Unfortunately, the author of the article goes on to give the theory a pretty thorough debunking, which is a shame because this is one of those cases which would seem to be pretty credible wouldn't you say? Particularly if you removed, or at least downplayed the Freemason/Illuminati aspect. :D

Because this article claims it's a reprise of a Galileo / Jupiter tactic, you might want to research the existence of similar claims made (at the time) for that earlier probe / voyage ...

sonofajoiner said:
Unfortunately, the author of the article goes on to give the theory a pretty thorough debunking, which
...saves me the trouble! :D

I think it was Arthur C Clarke who had a story where aliens want to ignite Jupiter to use it´s moons for habitation.

Sounds like a cross between Star Trek III and Alternative 3, neither of which are real documentaries.

Xanatico said:
I think it was Arthur C Clarke who had a story where aliens want to ignite Jupiter to use it´s moons for habitation.

Arthur C. Clark, 2010: Odyssey Two. 1982.

(Although it wasn't for the alien's own habitation - they were giving existing life on Europa a chance to evolve. Jupiter was renamed Lucifer following the fusion ignition, however.)

So another conspiracy theory based on a badly remembered piece of fiction.

The physics of using a small chunk of plutonium (smaller than critical mass, and therefore incapable of sustaining nuclear fission) to start a fusion reaction in a planet (which has too little mass to sustain nuclear fusion) is ridiculous on its face.

I'd love to know what sort of power output they're expecting that would make a moon close to Saturn pelasantly habitable while exposing Earth much futher away to lethal radiation.

Then again, wouldn't it be great if for once the super-conspiracy was run by a bunch of complete incompetants, like the real world?

(There's a dash of Alternative 3 in there as well, with the trope about the super-rich escaping to space. I'd love to know how they're planning to do that too, since we're a long way from getting a fro being able to get a single astronaut to Saturn, let alone dozens of them).

Once the super rich* disconnect themselves from the ever exploitable cash cow of the proletariat, they will cease to be super rich, and will have to do all the shit themselves. So really not a good idea even if you had the cash

*what oil men, bankers and actors???

;)

nyarlathotepsub2 said:
The physics of using a small chunk of plutonium (smaller than critical mass, and therefore incapable of sustaining nuclear fission) to start a fusion reaction in a planet (which has too little mass to sustain nuclear fusion) is ridiculous on its face.

I agree with this. It is simply not possible.

In addition, the vicinity of Saturn and Jupiter is actually a really dangerous place to live. There is so much hard radiation emanating from Jupiter and Saturn, nobody would survive very long at all.
Also, the sheer mass of these planets attracts all kinds of celestial bombardments, as demonstrated by the Shoemaker-Levy impacts on Jupiter a few years ago. Those huge impacts failed to ignite the gas on Jupiter, so I doubt if a puny probe will do anything.
Then there is the issue of terraforming Titan... it would take a long time to make it habitable, even if you could solve the other problems.

Back