• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Been on my wild and remote adventure to darkest Elgin. Here are a few observations:-

The reporting is rather muddled as to exactly where and how wide the object was. The cutting is rather overgrown and partially filled in. I expect it is much narrower than it was at the time but I still don't think it would have been very wide. Compare my photo with the sketch in post 11. I put my bike in to help with scale. If the object had been just above the old track as claimed in post 11, then I don't think it could have been 30ft long. I also don't think it could have been possible for it to have taken off in the way described as it would have just ploughed into the bank.
20231027_111317.jpg

Here is another photo which I think demonstrates how high the banks are.

20231027_111357.jpg

If it had been hovering above the fence as originally reported in post 1 then I reckon that puts the object squarely in the road that goes across the humpbacked bridge from the girls perspective. This photo is taken just to the right of the bridge and shows the fence (which I am sure can't be the same one but is probably in the same place). On the other side of the fence is a grassy area and some modern houses.

20231027_111521.jpg

On the other side of the humpbacked bridge is an old house - Linkwood Cottage in Max's map. This very probably would have had a septic tank (maybe even still does) before the new estate and all its associated facilities went in.

The humpbacked bridge is pretty humpy, humpier that it looks in the Streetview picture posted by Max. It could easily account for the strange "take-off" motion of the object if it was a tanker of some sort driving over the bridge, especially by a driver who was kangerooing it a bit.

20231027_111855.jpg

Long story short - I think the tanker proposed by @BS3 is more than possible. I had originally planned to walk 400 yards down the track to be where the girls had been but it is very overgrown and I don't think it would have helped.

I hope this helps!

An absolutely brilliant piece of onsite investigation!

You're right, the bridge alone could have accounted for at least some of the odd motion described.

I have never heard of this event until now.

It seems a lot of physical evidence was left behind.

I vote for the children telling truth.

The article stated the children never knew or was ever interested in UFOs, but their story fits the “ universal “ pattern of UFO stories no matter what country just like crop circles are always the same general pattern.

Been on my wild and remote adventure to darkest Elgin. Here are a few observations:-

The reporting is rather muddled as to exactly where and how wide the object was. The cutting is rather overgrown and partially filled in. I expect it is much narrower than it was at the time but I still don't think it would have been very wide. Compare my photo with the sketch in post 11. I put my bike in to help with scale. If the object had been just above the old track as claimed in post 11, then I don't think it could have been 30ft long. I also don't think it could have been possible for it to have taken off in the way described as it would have just ploughed into the bank.
View attachment 70856
Here is another photo which I think demonstrates how high the banks are.

View attachment 70858
If it had been hovering above the fence as originally reported in post 1 then I reckon that puts the object squarely in the road that goes across the humpbacked bridge from the girls perspective. This photo is taken just to the right of the bridge and shows the fence (which I am sure can't be the same one but is probably in the same place). On the other side of the fence is a grassy area and some modern houses.

View attachment 70859
On the other side of the humpbacked bridge is an old house - Linkwood Cottage in Max's map. This very probably would have had a septic tank (maybe even still does) before the new estate and all its associated facilities went in.

The humpbacked bridge is pretty humpy, humpier that it looks in the Streetview picture posted by Max. It could easily account for the strange "take-off" motion of the object if it was a tanker of some sort driving over the bridge, especially by a driver who was kangerooing it a bit.

View attachment 70857

Long story short - I think the tanker proposed by @BS3 is more than possible. I had originally planned to walk 400 yards down the track to be where the girls had been but it is very overgrown and I don't think it would have helped.

I hope this helps!
Thank you so much for this on-site investigation, great work...!

Back