• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The More Funny Side

A

Anonymous

A friend and I were talking about the more fortean things in life, and after a few drinks, we had a real deep conversation about how ghosts may have a sense of humor :oops: . So I thought that I would start a thread for stories that, while are unexplainable, are hilarious. I'll start with:

Just a few months ago, while I was living in my old apartment, I was in the laundry room, switching a load from the washer to the dryer. I thought I felt something brush against my ponytail. I glanced around and thought nothing of it. A few seconds later, I thought I felt something again, So I reached for my pony and what was wrapped around it? A pair of my slinky underwear that I had just put thru the wash :oops: :shock: I have no idea how it happened, but I imagine if it was a ghost, the must have had a good laugh.

Hey

Maybe when you reached right into the washer to get your underwear out those panties got stuck on your ponytail without you realising it?

One of the reasons I always do a Service Wash.

lol.
I was watching some really flippy, actually scary documentary on TV about a year ago.

I went into the bathroom, and went to close the door (scared to death of the black empty hallway next to the bathroom), and my boxers rose up to about wedgie standards.

I was scarred $hitless until I realized that a loose thread on the underwear had caught around my longsleeve shirt.

My question is this...could the underwear have been so slinky as to the owner forgetting said item was underwear and used it as a scrunchy?

nah... I'm pretty sure that they did probably get flung out of the washer when I was putting them in the dryer, and they just happened to land on my ponytail, and get wrapped around it. But it came as quite a shock, because that laundry room already creeped me out. I even ran back to the apartement, and imidiatly phoned a friend at work to tell her what just happened. lol

Sounds to me like you have one of those rare occurences of a cross-dressing poltergeist :)

I think this case would warrant photographic evidence - would it be possible to stage a "reconstruction"?

It's not exactly a ghostly occurrence, but I was reading a the cathedral ghost thread on here an hour ago, and just as I was getting creeped out by it, my phone literally screamed at me.

What I'd forgotten for a moment was that I had set the famous "Wilhelm Scream" as the text alert on my phone a couple of days ago, and my girlfriend was texting me to let me know that she wouldn't be back for dinner.

Gave me one hell of a shock though.

I used to work at a hotel where they had been a suicide and a murder in the ten years it had existed. Strange things happened in the room where the murder occurred--bath taps turning themselves on in the middle of the night, radio changing the channel when one left the room for a brief amount of time--things of a mysterious, but not definitely proven natured.

Among the night crew the subject of ghost versus no ghost was sometimes debated, but not very often because whenever we brought up the subject, something mechanical screwed up. The audit backup would stop and have to be rerun, the printer would abruptly balk while running the express checkouts--so while we weren't necessarily believers, we were superstitious.

One boring night, Delmer, our regular security guard, a retired truck driver, reintroduced the haunted vs. not haunted argument. He came down heavily on the side of not haunted, as he had never come across anything in his 2 years of working nights at the hotel. The second he stopped talking, his walkie talkie began broadcasting shart bursts of static, just as it would if someone with the other radio was keying the mic without speaking. Delmer looked at me as if to catch me in the act, and was amazed to see that my radio was out of my reach on the other side of the counter. We were the only two people working in the hotel, and these were the only radios not turned off and in their charging cradles.

Delmer was so spooked that he handed in his radio and wouldn't use it the rest of the night. He never would discuss the ghost again after that.

I quite often have hypnogogic hallucinations where I hear random words and phrases spoken in my head as I fall asleep. I had one last night. As I was drifting off a voice in my head said very loudly and clearly: "SNOT". I woke myself up giggling.

I also had a funny ghost / underwear experience....

My house is 200 years old, and has it's fair share of unusual occurences, but this one made me laugh. Back in September 2003, I was back on the dating scene, and as I had a date that evening, I'd laid out some clothes and brand new lingerie on my bed after I'd got up. I left the room after arranging the clothes, and left the house to get on with my day.

When I came back later on and went upstairs to get ready for my date, I found that the new knickers were missing. I searched the whole room for them, but there was no sign.

About a year later, I was tidying up my spare room for my new lodger's impending arrival, and as I went through the wardrobe in there, fishing up some of my old clothes, I found the knickers hanging up on a coat hanger! I feel it necessary to mention here, that a) I never used the spare room wardrobe, apart from putting winter coats in there, and b) I'm not the kind of person to hang knickers on clothes hangers. Also, none of my friends who had stayed in the room had put the knickers in there.

I've also recently had another item go missing in my room - In June this year, 2 weeks before I was due to go on holiday to the middle east, I readied my passport and travel documents and other bits and pieces due to be in my hand luggage, and left them on the desk in the spare room.

Now, I am, as my friends would also admit, a stickler for organisation - I know where everything is, and make a point of putting things where I know I can find them - I had stored my passport inside the travel wallet with my hotel confirmations etc.

A couple of days before I was due to fly, I was aiming to get all my hand luggage sorted and in the bag that I planned to take. I went to retrieve my travel docs from the spare room, and found that the passport was missing.

I know where I put it, and it wasn't there. My parents came over and we turned the entire house over looking for it, but it could not be found.

I think my spooks had become aware that I had planned to put my house n the market after my holiday, and had decided they would foil my plans somehow!

Wasn't there a story a while back on this forum where a person had ghost say "boo" to them?

“What song the Syrens sang, or what name Achilles assumed when he hid himself among women, although puzzling questions are not beyond all conjecture.”

-Sir Thomas Browne

TheInspector said:
Wasn't there a story a while back on this forum where a person had ghost say "boo" to them?

I'm pretty sure that's what I'd do if I found that I'd ended up as a ghost. :D

Today at work I dropped two small items, in separate incidents.
Both seem to have vanished.

Could be I didn't look in the right places for them, in which case this is just coincidence.

Otherwise.... :shock:

Follow by....uh....

Walking homewards one evening just a few years back I suddenly realized that I was being tailed by three huge, tall thugs.

Until I quickly looked back over my shoulder and realized that my three "thugs" were all just....[
little me.

"Some Fortean investigator HE is - scared by his own shadows."

Back