• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The New World Order?

dot23 said:
1) he didn't win, the Electoral college announced he had won, despite the count of votes.

I'm not necessarily saying he didn't lose the election by getting fewer votes. I'm saying this makes no odds as to whether he's actually the de facto president - having been sworn in and undertaken the role and duties. These aren't the same thing. America is the de facto ruler of Iraq. Doesn't make it justified, right or fair but it is the case nonetheless

Sounds like a dodgy poem to me - perhaps you have to hear it read/performed/sung. :)

Nothing wrong with the sentiments mind you... :)

Bilderberger said:
idea of "secret" rulers of the world amused me and I thought the name had a certain humour to it. I am stuck with it now!

'Tis a good name. But i alway think Bilder-better-berger when i read it. :)

irrespective of whether or not there is a secret group of individuals governing the world would it not be an advantage to the disparate and partial rulers (presidents, media moguls, bankers etc) to encourage people to think that there was one? it would make people focus on something they can't identify let alone change (the 'what's the point in voting, the government always gets in' sort of mentality ie the system itself, embodied by a secret and extremely powerful hierarchy, can't be changed) rather than feeling empowered by the potential to influence events against the common interests of the wealthy/powerful.

The Yithian said:
'Tis a good name. But i alway think Bilder-better-berger when i read it. :)

Unfortunately I can't - my employers do not seem to appreciate initiative and I am forced to make them by the specific rules that they have laid down for many years.

:D

While the concept of one government-one people has been around in science fiction and philosophical thought for ages, the rights and wrongs and pitfalls of such a situation is immensly complex. The reason for the individuals fear of a NWO controlled world is incredibly simple and easy to understand ...

A persons fear of a New World Order is the fear that they will personally be maginalised or "outside" the controlling interests.

or in even more simplistic terms ...

People are scared that they won't be in the winning gang!

:spinning:

Mike P said:
Has he made his horse a senator yet?

Dunno about making a horse senator ... he'd be scared it would make a better President than himself! It's rear-end would make more sense anyhow!

The NEW WORLD ORDER

What do you think people? With Bush in office and that damn anorexic psycho Ann Coulter running at the mouth...is the NEW WORLD ORDER inevitable???

I want to hear what you have to say.

Got any proof? Want to express your take on it?
I am all ears...err, eyes.

WW

This post has been noted by the Department of Homeland Security

I have to agree with WonderWoman about Ann (Share-a-Brain-with-Rumsfeld) Coulter on this one.

And not too funny Intaglio. :no-no:

I always thought that the NWO was a figment of the imagination of such groups as the Montana Militia and their fellow travellers.

Basically an extreme expression of discontent against bodies such as the United Nations and anyone else who they think might want to curb their God given right to blow the crap out of anyone and anything that they see as a threat to their way of life.

But I'm open to argument.

It manifests as a phenomena in various ways in various times too - some people always seem to think that some nefarious group, etc. is behind the scenes running things.

Cavynaut said:
Basically an extreme expression of discontent against bodies such as the United Nations and anyone else who they think might want to curb their God given right to blow the crap out of anyone and anything that they see as a threat to their way of life.
I would tend to agree with you. I can't see GWB being the harbinger of the NWO(tm) that people have been worried about in the past. (The one where the Soviet Union had faked its demise, and the Russian troops were located within the borders of the US, ready to send "patriots" to UN run internment camps.)

It is interesting to see, however, how this concept has been appropriated by people on the left, people on the right, and the just plain weird.

Re: The NEW WORLD ORDER

I don't know about all that, but WonderWoman's certainly right about:
WonderWoman said:
... that damn anorexic psycho Ann Coulter running at the mouth...
I've just read some of Coulter's stuff.

The Bush people were elected by the very secessionists who would oppose a New World Order, IMO.

It's the Civil War all over again - only the bad guys are winning this time.

Unless or until the US defeats the enemy within (the idiots who are currently in power) then none of us will be safe.

alb said:
Unless or until the US defeats the enemy within (the idiots who are currently in power) then none of us will be safe.

But then a state as unsure of itself as the US is always going to need an 'enemy within' (or without for that matter). :(

Not to sound too conspiratiorial, but a lot of weird shite going on now was in Bill Cooper's book!
And, everyday I listen to Alex Jones and the NEW WORLD ORDER threat has far too many coincidences.
I think I'll move to Tahiti soon...just in case.

WW

dot23 said:
Dennis Healey (Chancellor of the Exchequer under Maggie Thatcher)

Don't tell Dennis this, or he will tell you to f*ck off!!

Okay Ok, so my mind was momentarily mistified - for those not in the know, Denis Healey was a Labour Chancellor under Wilson until '79. I think I got his eyebrows confused with Lawson's ;)

Back