• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Power of Lemons!

A

Anonymous

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/auspac/10/10/australia.sex.lemon.reut/index.html

CANBERRA, Australia (Reuters) -- Australian scientists believe they have rediscovered an effective use for lemon juice -- as a contraceptive and also a killer of the AIDS virus.

Reproductive physiologist Roger Short, from the University of Melbourne's obstetrics department, said a few drops of lemon juice can be a cheap, easy-to-use solution to protect women from both HIV and pregnancy.

The juice should be squeezed onto a piece of sponge or cotton wool and placed into the vagina before sex, he said.

"We can show in the lab that lemon juice is very effective in immobilizing human sperm and also very effective in killing HIV," Short told Australian Broadcasting Corp. television in a science programme to be shown later on Thursday.

He said lime juice, which has similar acid levels, can also be used, with both fruits often freely available in poor countries where contraception is hard to come by.

Short said laboratory tests found not only does lemon juice kill sperm, it also kills the AIDS virus itself.

Somehow I don't think Sunkist will be knocking out the Trojan market.

synthwerk said:
Short said laboratory tests found not only does lemon juice kill sperm, it also kills the AIDS virus itself.

Great! Everyone who has it can just inject lemon juice into their veins!
A large number of things kill HIV, but mostly because they kill everything.

hahahaha.
that reminds me of when ned flanders(as the king of troy) said: "now, when people think of wood, they'll think of trojan!" HAHAHA

i think the lemon experiment is for those who don't have access to contraceptives, expecially in 3rd world countries.

I'm sure I was reading the other day about the chinese using lemons as contraceptives, and how innefective and, well, painful it is to use in such delicate areas!

i'm saying! better not be chaifed if you're gonna use lemon juice. OUCH!

i don't think any single cell organisms could survive in and acidic liquid.

I don't think many multi-celled ones would take well to dipping their nethers in acid, either.

I'm sure I've read ancient cultures used sponges soaked in vinegar as a contraceptive , so the idea is hardly new !

So Marion, are you volunteering to try this out, cause the rest of us are cringing and crossing our legs....

I have images on romantic interludes the world over ending in much screaming...not in a good way, either.

Fallen Angel said:
So Marion, are you volunteering to try this out, cause the rest of us are cringing and crossing our legs....

Vaginas are rather acidic anyway ( or should be I think , keeps fungus away ) . Exactly what am I supposed to be trying out , the contraceptive value or merely the comfort aspect? 'Cause I think the former might be going a bit far for the sake of fortean research LOL .

I'm wondering if it would hurt... scuse me I'm off to get a lemon.

pinkle

Oi, if you're taking my last lemon, will you just pee on this salad
before you go. Ta. :rolleyes:

Lemon Juice "could stop AIDS"

Australian scientists believe lemon juice could act as a cheap and effective birth control and help stop the spread of the deadly Aids disease.
Reproductive scientist Roger Short, from the University of Melbourne, said laboratory tests have shown that lemon juice killed sperm and the HIV virus, which often develops into Aids.
Speaking on the Australian television programme Catalyst, Mr Short said lemons could be an alternative to costly HIV-drugs and traditional forms of contraceptives in developing countries.

According to Mr Short, lemons could be used as a contraceptive by soaking a piece of cotton wool in the juice and inserting it into the vagina before sex.

"We can show in the lab that lemon juice is very effective in immobilising human sperm and also very effective in killing HIV," he said.

The practice of using lemon juice to prevent pregnancy was commonly used in medieval times, including by the legendary lothario Casanova, but has been forgotten by modern medicine.

"About 300 years ago, Mediterranean women used lemon juice as their main method of contraception," said Mr Short.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2318519.stm

Whole new meaning to "Coming in a jiff(y)!".

Sorry!

Someone had to say it........I'm cringing myself!

I'm playing a classic rock radio station, and a new song came on just as I opened this thread..."The Lemon Song" by Led Zepplin.

Laughed until I cried.

when two different threads cover the same topic on here, it gets to be like Vultron. "HIIIIYA! SYNTHWERK AND DD'S THREAD MERGE! ULTRA OK POWER GO! FORMING MEGA THREAD! HIYO!"

hehehehe

i think the lemons would add a tangy twist to pre-coital cunnilingus ;) pink lemonade, anyone? :devil:

Why do I get a feeling you started this thread simply to post that very remark?

who, me? :devil: well, 50% of my mind is devoted to just that :heh: i'm very poetic in that realm

I dare not comment.

Okay, I have to, I can't help myself: poetic? Ya lost me there synth....

:confused:

EDIT: No, no don't explain. Something tells me I'm better off not knowing.

Back