• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Problem With British Ghosthunting

... for some reason she's uploaded this vid with the timing going backwards so keep watching to what is shown as minus 13;40 ...

Is it possible the mysteriously reversed time stamping resulted from uploading a video that's been reversed (i.e., re-recorded so as to play backwards)?

Zoinks

edit .. marble caught on camera being thrown from the far side of an empty room in 30 East Drive .. the angle it travels from seems to rule out fakery/ someone hiding behind the door unless it was a ricochet .. for some reason she's uploaded this vid with the timing going backwards so keep watching to what is shown as minus 13;40

This is one of the most terrifying things I have ever seen. Everyone’s trampling around the place at once, they’re all talking over each other and even singing songs from Willy Wonka. I’m amazed they see or hear anything.
And yes, they’re copying all the tropes of the shows they’ve seen on TV. At one point, she actually says ‘on Live TV’ and then corrects that to ‘er, the internet’. I won’t go on but are all Ghost Hunts like this? These people give amateurs a bad name.

This is one of the most terrifying things I have ever seen. Everyone’s trampling around the place at once, they’re all talking over each other and even singing songs from Willy Wonka. I’m amazed they see or hear anything.
And yes, they’re copying all the tropes of the shows they’ve seen on TV. At one point, she actually says ‘on Live TV’ and then corrects that to ‘er, the internet’. I won’t go on but are all Ghost Hunts like this? These people give amateurs a bad name.
I thought the same when watching it but ironically it's often when teams are goofing around that weird stuff happens and not when they're waiting patiently and quietly. I'm not sure why that is .. some people theorise that 'ghosts' are feeding off the extra energy being created.

I think Yith might be right: essay by me on the idea of Ghosthunting as a New Religious Movement largely replacing Wicca in the generation who grew up in the 70s/80s and with similar appeal to Charismatic Movement on my blog somewhere.

Alternatively spooks are time travelling minds from 65 million years ago manifesting as disembodied intelligences before they enter a beetle race 50 million years in our future, only pausing to moderate forums and wind up people who play with Ouija Boards?

CJ :)

I think Yith might be right: essay by me on the idea of Ghosthunting as a New Religious Movement largely replacing Wicca in the generation who grew up in the 70s/80s and with similar appeal to Charismatic Movement on my blog somewhere.

Alternatively spooks are time travelling minds from 65 million years ago manifesting as disembodied intelligences before they enter a beetle race 50 million years in our future, only pausing to moderate forums and wind up people who play with Ouija Boards?

CJ :)

Happy to read your essay if you are able to supply a direct link here.

One chap I do admire is Luke Tabram .. our crew's done a couple of investigations with him. Luke hosts a channel called Shadow Paranormal and as well as using all the equipment being discussed in this thread, he applies common sense logic to unusual happenings instead of just waving gadgets blindly around. One example would be him testing his camera by deliberately creating conditions that could generate normal things that could be labelled as 'orbs', shaking a dusty cushion in his house and filming the dust to see how much he can debunk future sightings .. being aware that surroundings can be creepy without being paranormal .. being aware of electrical influences that could set off his K2 meter and holding his K2 meter the correct way when using it .. just sitting down and silently listening. Plus, he looks a bit like an 80's era Wayne Hussy which always amuses me.

A crash course from Luke Tabram

One good thing about his team investigation videos, he dubs a commentary on afterwards explaining why he uses certain equipment and methods for each situation.

His team's videos ..

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowParanormal/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

Last edited:
I received an email about my upcoming investigation at hedingham castle recently, we are the first group to investigate the castle! The staff are really looking forward to seeing what we come up with!!

I then checked the UK ghost excursions app, nothing really of any note, but an update from the castle management, they cannot say if any visitors have had any experiences, but none of the staff have.

So no ghostly happenings but thank you very much for the cash. Thankfully I love me a good castle, but it shows a major problem with ghost hunting, an old building! Must be haunted!

I received an email about my upcoming investigation at hedingham castle recently, we are the first group to investigate the castle! The staff are really looking forward to seeing what we come up with!!

I then checked the UK ghost excursions app, nothing really of any note, but an update from the castle management, they cannot say if any visitors have had any experiences, but none of the staff have.

So no ghostly happenings but thank you very much for the cash. Thankfully I love me a good castle, but it shows a major problem with ghost hunting, an old building! Must be haunted!
I, myself, wouldn't worry about if a place is "haunted". Just being able to tour a castle in kind of an exclusive group and hear any historical or ghostly stories would be fun. Though if you get someone who enjoys histrionics, then no. That's just irritating.

The Mrs practically runs a large country mansion/small stately home type place built in the 1700's that I'm desperate for it to be haunted but it just isn't. No customers or the owners or the staff have reported anything spooky. Recently a founder of the now business died and now staff have noted a couple of doors behaving more unusually than before but not enough to suggest anything paranormal. A few of us went down with a K2 EMF metre and got a couple of small peaks but again, nothing remarkable. If you saw the place, it 'should' be haunted but it just isn't.

An even better example of a place that 'should' be and looks likely to be haunted but just isn't is the huge gothic monolithic Cromer Hall. I've visited Lady Cabbel there and despite family legends because the same family have lived there for centuries and there being a phantom black dog/banshee/family curse legend, not a squeak and not a sausage from there she told me.

acromerhall002.jpg

IIRC you could see a large, rambling manor in Ryde (Isle of Wight) from a seafront road. Never did get to 'investigate' or at least look at it up close. There's a Gothic folly on the seafront, though, that at one point was a retail let.

Titch. Do you mind if I were to ask you the date of the investigation..?

Does it not work as a kind of 'control' location? No reported ghostly activity, ever, so it should be a good chance to check whether equipment and so called 'sensitives' actually pick up something, which might indicate that mechanical fault and overimagination might be to blame for some recorded activity elsewhere?

How did Saturday go Titch..? Anything to report.??

I was in the village local pub yesterday afternoon, where from the window in the saloon bar, you have quite a good view of the Castle, and was wondering how you got on.

Back