• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The real face of ET ?

The trouble is we are all so conditioned to expect great special effects in the media (things that look 'real') that a few seconds of video means very little. A few minutes might be more interesting.

It's real, all right - but a real what? A mask? :)

But what on Earth is "A brief tale from the "Sanctuary of The Birds" (on the home page) all about? :confused:

The Parrot three times spoke the latter: One in two parts and the Woodpecker taps this message. A few years after tens of thousands of birds flew over Europe: The Eagle acquired three rare birds. Unfortunately one died a few years after. Many years passed while Eagle learned to talk some rare bird: But, mainly the rare bird learned to speak Eagle. These discussions are referred to in the book written in the forth repeat of the twin year the Woodpecker was born.

And on for 20+ pages leading eventually after eight years to, "The Bird Sanctuary" in 1995..........

Well, some UFO researchers (apply quotes as your biases require :blah: ) ascribe to a theory about the 'Aviary', where certain personalities in the UFO culture gather together and have bird codenames. But I didn't think parrot/woodpecker/eagle were used as aliases. Possibly the author of the page is extending the analogy to include others.

(Actually Eagle seems to be the United States, who acquires three rare birds -- aliens. "A few years after tens of thousands of birds flew over Europe: The Eagle acquired three rare birds." == a few years after WWII, the US acquired three aliens.)

I've never run across 'bird sanctuary' in this context either. And I don't grasp why the author feels the need to be so transparently obtuse.

Is the actual video on the site somewhere? Couldn't see it myself, which makes me suspicious to start with. Of course, there are many possible explanations as to why the video wouldn't be there, but without seeing the video it's hard to say.

And I agree that a few minutes would be more convincing, but only if we could see it and judge for ourselves.

I'm also worried by the "Footprints" picture from the home page. Not that there is necessarily anything inconsistent about belief in the ETH and belief in God, but it's one of those stories that makes God sound cocky. I hate those.

Well, it certainly looks real, but then so do a lot of fakes . . .

Carole

The thing that strikes me with all these ET pictures is the fact that they have large heads and spindly necks, we have quite powerful muscles in our necks to support our heads so how does such a skinny neck support the head?

Hmm - I agree - more silliness of the grey variety. When are people going to realise that such creatures simply sould not stand up with such musculature? Tie this is in with that way that the whole grey look was pretty much kicked off by Streiber's book cover back in, what, 1988? Before that look was conspicuous by it's absence.

What we're seeing is evidence of a phenomenon, not evidence of ETs.

Oh, I dunno; I've been with some girls who didn't look like they should be able to stand up. I blame fashion models, myself.

Well it has something to do with MJ12, so it must be true!!!

:rolleyes:

Real??? with what do we have to compare with,,,,and never having seen one, i'd have to agree that these creaytures couldn't stand in our enviroment, i think our gravity would flatten 'em, ergo in my opinion, they are all fakes!!!!

Of course it's possible that they have the bone structure of a bird which would make them very light...wouldn't fancy their chances in a strong wind though.

Well, spindly creatures with large heads could come from a low gee planet, having evolved there, or genetically engineered to live there.
It is possible for a low gee world to have a thick atmosphere, of course - look at Titan;
mind you, the temperature there is cold enough to liquify methane, so it might be a bit uncomfortable for humans.
Conversely, any low gee titanians who came to Earth would boil in our heat.
Is this why the Etees all look so worried?

JerryB said:
When are people going to realise that such creatures simply sould not stand up with such musculature? Tie this is in with that way that the whole grey look was pretty much kicked off by Streiber's book cover back in, what, 1988? Before that look was conspicuous by it's absence.
Not so. Remember the aliens in Close Encounters, back in the 70s? Streiber may have have been riding a trend, but he did not start it.

And, to play Devil's advocate for a moment, if these aliens have the ability to teleport fully grown human beings out of their beds, through windows, and up into the ships, they no doubt have the technology to support their own strangely proportioned bodies as well! :D

Speilberg's CE was made in 1977.

Here's page three of a detailed description of the film. There is a small photo of aliens and humans, and the text says:
The ramp opens up a second time and a small, frail, undeveloped, spindly, pale alien with big eyes gracefully debarks. The vulnerable being with superior intelligence, a messianic figure of sorts, gestures with a message of love and peace to investigating scientists via sign language - he raises both his arms in a good-will gesture. Other small, childlike humanoid aliens, obviously harmless, emerge and stand on Earth's soil to face the humans.

My recollection (which is, as always, flawed) is that the grey archetype goes back at least as far as Betty and Barney Hill. Spielberg was mostly putting his own spin on the common images. Still, it predates Strieber by a long shot either way.

I'd do a Google on Zeta Reticulans, but I'm afraid of what I might find.

The big headed humanoid is an old trope, going back to Wells-The First men in the Moon IIRC has them
and must be an obvious extrapolation of the idea of human evolution, incorporating the 'march of progress' model of development that was current at the time.
After all, Homo sap has a large, possibly neotonous skull-why not imagine that this trend towards neotony would continue.
Scienti-fiction illustrators of the early 20th C used these ideas as the cutting edge of speculation-
my god, they are even in Last And First Men.

(my bible)
(if you look up zeta ret, you might find this (guaranteed no aliens))

According to this article the "greys" came to the fore in the mid 1970's.

About 18 months ago I visited an exhibition in Blackpool of alleged alien visitors. It covered everything from fairies and goblins to the traditional grey. And I have to say that even models of the grey, IMHO, look lifelike. They're so inherently different to humans, aren't they.

So for what it's worth, I think this pic is probably a pic of a model.

Hmm, greys were still absent from UFO lore until the later 1980s, IMHO. Of course, several abductees from the 70s and 80s came up with greys when recently re-hynotised to relive their experiences . Two that come to mind are the 2 witnesses from the Pascagoula abduction of 1971, and a policeman from Yorkshire (details escape me for now) who claimed to be abducted whilst on patrol in th early '80s. In their initial accounts, there were no greys at all. The Pascagoula abductees described odd, misty entities with clawed hands. The policeman's abductor were an entity that looked like an old man, who was accompanied by some sort of animal. Why they should report greys instead second time around is anyone's guess...(but take into account that they were taken through this process by Budd Hopkins, IIRC...)
The famous case of Betty and Barney Hill had very vague grey precursors, which (it has been argued) may be partly responsible for kicking the whole thing off. But then again, the entituies they saw were like humans, had big noses and had quite large 'wraparound' eyes.

The greys seem to be a mish-mash of several things taht have now apparently become sort of default setting for what aliens should look like. Befoere they arrived on the scene, reported encounters with ETs featured a very wide variety of shapes and sizes ;)

JerryB said:
The famous case of Betty and Barney Hill had very vague grey precursors, which (it has been argued) may be partly responsible for kicking the whole thing off. But then again, the entituies they saw were like humans, had big noses and had quite large 'wraparound' eyes.

The greys seem to be a mish-mash of several things taht have now apparently become sort of default setting for what aliens should look like. Befoere they arrived on the scene, reported encounters with ETs featured a very wide variety of shapes and sizes ;)
Excellent point, JerryB.
I found
this sitewhich shows stills from the "made for TV movie" about the Hills' encounter, which I'd never seen. IMO the images of "the greys" bear a striking resemblance to the aliens who later found fame in the "Alien Autopsy" film allegedly from Roswell. ;)

Dr John Dee, he of the angelic conversations, drew a picture of one of the enochian entities with which he conversed adn it looks strikingly like the architypal Grey alien. Can't find a picture of it on the net at the moment but I'm sure someone will.

Whats it all about?

it seems if there is anything to all this either them or the goverment dont want us to get any information solid enough to come to any conclusions about anything
that is the strangest thing about this photo and most of everything else
:_pished:

pi23 said:
Dr John Dee, he of the angelic conversations, drew a picture of one of the enochian entities with which he conversed adn it looks strikingly like the architypal Grey alien. Can't find a picture of it on the net at the moment but I'm sure someone will.
I couldn't find a drawing by Dee but did find a sketch by Aleister Crowley of one of the alleged Enochian entities he called Lam.
See here.

Actually it was Aleister Crowley who drew a picture of Lam - an entity that looks suprisingly like a Grey.

http://www.elfis.net/tem/images/LAM.gif

Dr. John Dee and his "scryer", Edward Kelly, had their own strange encounters with, as they call them, "little men" who moved about "in a little fiery cloud".

What if?

What if these modern "greys" are crazy uncle Al's inviisble college or whatever the hell he called it?

The greys do seem to interfere with peoples' lives. Although it doesn't seem from their behavior that what they are doing is pulling the strings that control the world.

UFO reports do increase in times of global stress and strife.

Maybe the nutz'n'boltz school has it wrong.

Does the "aliens == ultraterrestrial hidden masters" fit the evidence better than the ETH?

If it does, how could mankind to fundamentally misunderstand the nature of the world? How could we miss something like that?

Re: What if?

Philo T said:
...how could mankind to fundamentally misunderstand the nature of the world? How could we miss something like that?
Because THEY want us to, obviously! :eek!!!!:

They're more like infraterrestrials, I reckon. Trickster-archetype type things from deep within the collective unconscious. Or something.

Makes more sense than Keel's 'transmogrifications from the superspectrum'!

Here's an alternative to aliens:
"...if we are wrong and the Greys actually exist then we know that they aren't ETs at all, but some other terrestrial creature we have somehow overlooked perhaps descended from some as yet undiscovered branch of the hominid bush."

-Peter Rogerson reviewing a book called 'Evolving the Alien: The Science of Extraterrestrial Life' by Jack Cohen and Ian Stewart on page 19 of Magonia no. 80 (Jan. 03).

ETs could be a primate cousin? Interesting idea. Perhaps even an advanced civilisation that left earth long ago. This would also allow for the supposed inter-breeding program that proper aliens shouldn't be able to manage.

Butterfly said:
Excellent point, JerryB.
I found
this sitewhich shows stills from the "made for TV movie" about the Hills' encounter, which I'd never seen. IMO the images of "the greys" bear a striking resemblance to the aliens who later found fame in the "Alien Autopsy" film allegedly from Roswell. ;)

When 'The Unexplained' covered the Hill case, it featured artist's impressions from the time that they were regressed. They didn't really look like the special-effects make-up in that link, nor (oddly enough) did they really match with what the Hill's described. For example - the drawings show the entities without the large noses (they have slits instead, along with small puggish noses). Also, these entities did not have large black eyes common to the greys, but they were human-like. The difference, as I've mentioned, was that they were slanted, 'wrap-around' eyes. So, even with such a famous, nay infamous case, inaccuracies were already creeping in at that time.

It is interesting (well to me, anyway) how the great UFO cases evolve over time. The star map from the hill case is rarely if ever mentioned now, even though it was considered significant evidence of the encounter at one time.

ETs and UFOs seem to evolve over time too. There are a lot of encounters reported that are hoaxes, and the hoaxers will always be with us.
So if the reports seem to follow the pattern of popular culture I'm not surprised at all. That percentage of reports that are genuine might have a definite pattern, but who can say which ones are true and which are false?

Quite a few UFO occupants, either when asked or without prompting, have given a variety of names and locations from where they originate from. See Janet and Colin Bord's book 'Life Beyond Planet Earth?' for some good examples ;) Some of these are names given to us by contactees, some are recalled later via hypnotic regression - sometimes they're new (albeit Greek-sounding) names, sometimes they're obvious fabrications (either on the part of the witness or the UFO occupants).

Re: What if?

Philo T said:
...If it does, how could mankind to fundamentally misunderstand the nature of the world? How could we miss something like that?
Oh my goodness! We've just figured out that smoking tobacco is bad for us! I'm glad to see someone is at least asking this question. I am so weary of my species self-absorption. We think we are so damned clever. Our hubris embarrasses me.

My personal little world was shaken up pretty seriously a few years back when I met someone who could do "impossible" things, and I began to experience "impossible" things. I realized then that all my assumptions concerning the nature of reality would have to be revised. When I share some of my experiences I imagine many people think I'm spinning a yarn, or that I'm mad. There are, of course, hoaxers and disturbed people everywhere, but I think it wise to at least try to consider even the wildest stories with as open a mind as one can muster. I'm fairly sure truth is frequently stranger than fiction, and if we are ever to understand anything I think we must stay open to things that are difficult, (if not impossible), for us to comprehend.

Now, one of the few things I feel sure about is that whatever the truth is, it's probably not even close to what most folks think it is. I doubt that anyone has got it right, but that's what makes the paranormal so fascinating. The hope of seeing connections, of possibly learning even the smallest thing about what "reality" might really be is to me incredibly exciting.

Back