• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Ruling Bloodlines

Power tends to to come from power in the same way that it takes money to make money. But in the case of G.W. Bush I think it's just coincidence; it's the Bush family's political and business background in the United States that are pertinent, not their European ancestry. The American electorate could just as well hold royal connections against political candidates.

So... in all 43 preseidential elections the guy with the bluer a blood has been 'elected'.

Right, Wastrel, just a coinicidence.... nothing to worry about.....

Silly question, but exactly how do you measure "blueness?" I assume that there must be an objective numerical measure, otherwise it would clearly be silly to make the statements that the Burkes Peerage chap makes. (I don't know, something like one Charlemagne equals 3.2 Holy Roman Emperors, or some such.)

I suspect that in reality, the Burkes Peerage chap reverse engineered the results to fit his theory. (This, after all, is someone who sees all of this as important.) To be honest, the way that the European royal families interbreed, if you're related to one, you're probably related to all.;)

I just happened to have an old dictionary handy and it has the following definitions -

gay; lively, merry, lighthearted

troll; humpbacked, cave dwelling gnome

I read somewhere, I think it was somewhere in RAW's 'Everything is Under Control' , the only US president, not to be distantly related to every other previous American President, either by blood or marriage, was Bill Clinton.

8¬)

To be honest I would like to see how this relates to Kennedy and Nixon. Cause Kennedy was of Irish descent where there were never really any Dynastic families as such as even in the time of the High Kings, it was clan based system that was semi-democratic.

And then then when Nixon defeated Humphrey (I think, after LBJ), how was he more royal than him but less so then Kennedy?

And as for Ford and Carter, well I'd say the theory is a bit stretched to say the least.

LD

lorddrakul said:
And as for Ford and Carter, well I'd say the theory is a bit stretched to say the least.

LD

I'd agree. As there doesn't appear to be an objective "blueness" scale, then we can't objectively compare presidential candidates.

As an aside, it is perhaps interesting to note that Burke's Peerage has recently published a book on the ancestry of American presidents. Possibly, just possibly, this whole thing is some sort of marketing scam?;)

I did say birth OR marriage. However... it was my leaking memory. Moral of the story; ALWAYS check your sources :D

Here we go:-
Of the 37 Presidents of the United States before Jimmy Carter, at least 18 0r 21 (depending on which source you believe) were close relatives. That comes between 48.6% and 56% - far too much to be a coincidence, as any conspiriologist (or mathematician) would tell you.

Not only was John Adam, who helped design the Great Seal, related to F.D. Roosevelt, who put it on the dollar bill, but even a seeming outsider such as Richard Nixon was related to James Monroe; Three Presidents were cousins (Franlin Pierce, James Garfield and Grover Cleveland); and William Henry Harrison was related to Jefferson, Jackson Tyler and Benjamin Harrison (his grandson). Calvin Coolidge, Harry Truman, and Lyndon Johnson were more distantly related to Jefferson, Jackson, and the Harrisons.

The Roosevlt and Delano families, who ggave us the only president eleceted to four terms, were related to Grant, Washington, Van Buren, and Taft. Of the 244 ancestors in the family tree of 21 presidents we find 13 Roosevelts, 16 Coolidges and 14 Tylers. Another source manages to relate 60% of the presidents and link most of them to the super-rich Astor family.

This data does not include the genealogies of the four [at time of writing] presidents Carter Reagan, Bush, and Clinton, which we have not found; but Clinton is related to the Rockerfellers according to some sources[...]

Psychologist G. William Domhoff claims that a large part of American's ruling elite, just like that of Europe, are related by marriage

8¬)

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=politicsNews&storyID=5986623

Kerry's Blue Blood a Winner, Say Royal Researchers
Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:01 AM ET

By Kate Kelland

LONDON (Reuters) - When it comes to American presidential elections, blue blood counts.

So say British researchers who predict Democratic challenger John Kerry will oust President Bush on Nov. 2 simply because he boasts more royal connections than his Republican rival.

After months of research into Kerry's ancestry, Burke's Peerage, experts on British aristocracy, reported Monday that the Vietnam war veteran is related to all the royal houses of Europe and can claim kinship with Czar Ivan "The Terrible," a previous Emperor of Byzantium and the Shahs of Persia.

Burke's director Harold Brooks-Baker said Kerry had his mother, Rosemary Forbes, to thank for most of his royal connections.

"Every maternal blood line of Kerry makes him more royal than any previous American president," Brooks-Baker said.

"Because of the fact that every presidential candidate with the most royal genes and chromosomes has always won the November presidential election, the coming election -- based on 42 previous presidents -- will go to John Kerry."

Similar research carried out on Bush ahead of the 2000 presidential race showed that he beat Al Gore in the royal stakes, claiming kinship with Britain's Queen Elizabeth as well as with Kings Henry III and Charles II of England.

IN THE COMPANY OF KINGS

Kerry is a descendant of the former Kings of England, Henry III and Henry II and is distantly related to Richard the Lionheart, who led the third Crusade in 1189, according to Burke's.

He is also descended from Henry I, King of France and his wife, Anne of Kiev, giving him kinship with the royal houses of Sweden, Norway, Denmark and the House of Rus.

Burke's research showed Kerry also has historical political connections in the United States.

He is closely related to John Winthrop, the first Massachusetts governor -- the state for which he is now a senator -- and his maternal grandmother was the granddaughter of Robert Winthrop, who was speaker of the House of Representatives from 1847 to 1849.

The glass is half full...

Whilst I'm not a huge fan of GWB, at least I can rest in the knowledge that the conspiracy (royal bloodline) theorists got it completely wrong. :)

Of course there'll be other conspiracy theories along in a moment. :)

Back