• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Scariest Fortean Thing Ever To Happen To You

Wrong. Evil is evil and good is good.
I recall having a two-hour debate with a young man in Satanism. He shared his testimony
about how he had come to know Satan, and I shared my coming to know Christ. Every question I
threw at him he seemed to have an answer for until I asked him, “Tell me, why would you want
to worship and serve someone whose main method of working is based on evil and hatred, as
opposed to love and goodness?”

I think you're implying I'm supporting the Roosters. Nay - Go St George!

I dont think anyone can have a anything more scary happen to them... i had a pervy dream...of me and wayne rooney...but he was a women...just looked exactly like the real one ...we where looking into each others faces and smiling while i touched his/her clit...i woke up and didnt sleep much the rest of the night... :oops:

tonylovell said:
Erm, wake up ticthc, wake up! You just typed that on the message board! :oops:
I need to talk this over!!! i am still in shock! :)

Something else weird happened today = although not as scary as having a wet dream about Wayne Rooney...

We have this chair going back to the 1970s - it has a metal frame with the right hand back leg slightly bent. Nevertheless, I've never hesitated to sit on it though I mostly used it to place my laptop on when I watch TV.

Anyway while having dinner, we heard a loud bang and went to check it out - the left frame had suddenly and violently torn away from the rest of the metal frame and flung across the room. No one was sitting on it, there was nothing on it - it just went
bang" but continued to stand on three legs. WTF???

the left frame had suddenly and violently torn away from the rest of the metal frame and flung across the room. No one was sitting on it, there was nothing on it - it just went bang" but continued to stand on three legs.

Sounds really weird but could you clarify it a bit do you mean that the left leg was thrown across the room? If so after your visitation the other night, very bizarre.

Photos please, Zilch.
Sounds fascinating.

Redhead666 said:
3. I woke up one morning to find orange colored stains all over my hands. My hands were definitely clean when I went to bed and I do not sleep walk so it's not like I got up in the night varnishing furniture or something. I had not touched anything that would produce such a result and didn't even have anything in the house that would look like that stain. I couldn't wash it off. Eventually, it wore off.

Good lord, I had exactly the same thing happen to me just the other week! I went to bed with perfectly clean hands, and woke up with dark orange stains over the fingers of my right hand. No amount of scrubbing would shift the stains, and I eventually had to leave them to wear off.

I have absolutely no idea how the stains got there. I had not touched anything that could cause them, and I know they were not there before I went to bed the night before they appeared.

chez1807 said:
Redhead666 said:
3. I woke up one morning to find orange colored stains all over my hands. My hands were definitely clean when I went to bed and I do not sleep walk so it's not like I got up in the night varnishing furniture or something. I had not touched anything that would produce such a result and didn't even have anything in the house that would look like that stain. I couldn't wash it off. Eventually, it wore off.

Good lord, I had exactly the same thing happen to me just the other week! I went to bed with perfectly clean hands, and woke up with dark orange stains over the fingers of my right hand. No amount of scrubbing would shift the stains, and I eventually had to leave them to wear off.

I have absolutely no idea how the stains got there. I had not touched anything that could cause them, and I know they were not there before I went to bed the night before they appeared.

Perhaps a fungus in the tap water? Looked OK when you washed your hands, but started brewing away while you were asleep?

Mythopoeika said:
Perhaps a fungus in the tap water? Looked OK when you washed your hands, but started brewing away while you were asleep?

I have absolutely no idea, but I hope not :shock:

It was almost like wood stain, boot polish or something like that had stained my hand in patches, but I had not used anything like that. Scrubbing away at it with a nail brush and the hand cleaner that my OH used after working on the car didn't even shift it. It took a good three or four days to fade. It was as if something had seeped in under the top layer of skin.

Here are the pics of the mysteriously exploding chair.
Sorry for the poor quality - my digicam refuses to co-operate with my new (Windows 7) laptop. So I had to resort to using the mobile phone cam in relative darkness.

Here's the chair as we found it:

Image0029.jpg

Here's the piece that decided to depart - not as found in situ:

Image0030.jpg

Metal fatigue for sure - but why did it do this without any stress on it?

Mythopoeika said:
It was almost like wood stain, boot polish or something like that had stained my hand in patches, but I had not used anything like that. Scrubbing away at it with a nail brush and the hand cleaner that my OH used after working on the car didn't even shift it. It took a good three or four days to fade. It was as if something had seeped in under the top layer of skin.

Some fruits will do that to your hands especially Pomegranate.

One summer I worked for the Min of Agriculture, the job involved mashing up batches of apples to analyse mineral & trace element levels. By the end of that summer I had a lovely tan.............on the palms of my hands :?

Maviself said:
Mythopoeika said:

Some fruits will do that to your hands especially Pomegranate.

One summer I worked for the Min of Agriculture, the job involved mashing up batches of apples to analyse mineral & trace element levels. By the end of that summer I had a lovely tan.............on the palms of my hands :?

Hang on! I didn't write that!
That was chez1807 who said that...

Thanks for the pix, Zilch.
Weird how the chair is still standing.

oldrover said:
Is there such a thing as explosive metal fatigue?

Spontaneous metal combustion?

I'll be alone at home tonight - let's see what'll happen next. :lol:

This happened at a new Perth (west australia) BP service station back in 2004.

I'd just started with the company and was doing night shifts. That means start at 11pm, finish at 7am. Understand, you couldn't do this job tired, and I always prefer sleeping during the day anyway, so this was a great job for me.

A few days after starting, we began to have issues with fridges being turned off, stuff falling off shelves, etc. Nothing obvious that couldn't be blamed on inattention but at the same time it would have been odd for several people to get the same thing wrong.

One night I'd just finished restocking the chips (they had a barrier in front to prevent them falling out) when I turned around to see the whole shelf on the floor. Odd, but it's a new store with new stuff. Maybe the shelf fell off, right? Put it back, 5 minutes later, same thing.

So, readjusted the shelf again, now convinced it's dodgy equipment, and went to stock the walk-in fridge. That goes fine. As I leave the fridge, I turn the cold back on at the wall. Note - it's not a flip switch, it's one of those ones you turn left for off, right for on. It's a physical effort to turn. Turn it on, walk away - hear a click. Look back, fridge is off again. Rinse, repeat.

Eventually, the fridge stays on and I head to the desk in a temper ready to write a complaint to the boss about dodgy gear. Note - even now, I still believed it was equipment failure, not anything else! Walk past fridge doors and run my hand along to make sure they're closed - as I reach the end and turn to check all is well, every single door pops open.

Only now do I start to think "Ok, this is weird."

Over the next few shifts, more stuff happens. Eventually I start comparing notes with other staff and find out things are happening to them as well. But it's not until we're open for around 2 months that one night, after another fridge incident and bread on the floor from a perfectly flat display table, that I look around the store and say "Harvey! Enough already! I have work to do."

That was it. From that night, it's Harvey. Stuff happens? Harvey. Everyone adopted it, whether they believed it or not. The best bits were that the boss asked me about it one morning. I explained that weird stuff happened and we'd named it. She didn't believe it happened.

A few seconds later, every pump on the forecourt beeped to be turned on - with no cars in sight. I simply turned around and said "believe me now?" You've never seen anyone so stunned.

It became a running gag in the company - "Oh yes, Fliss has her own poltergeist. He follows her around." And he did, from station to station. But he was never scary. I always saw him as a little aboriginal boy, about 10, who was probably very lonely. Then we came along and he wanted to play a joke or two and we gave him a name.

Dakhur you've just reminded me of when I used to work in a petrol station. When you did night shifts the door would be locked and you had to serve the customers through a hatch. It would be a regular thing to hear the fridge doors open and shut - it was a very distinctive sound. You would also hear footsteps that would go from about a metre in front of the doors all the way to the counter. I wasn't the only one who heard it either.

I really think the only way to believe these sort of things is if it has happened to you, there isn't any way to prove it, like someone said, videos can be faked. I've lived in two 'bad' houses with nasty atmospheres and weird things going on, every other house I have lived in has been normal, so its not me, it was definitely the houses that were weird.
first one was when I was a kid, I was scared of that house, terrified to go to sleep without the light on. Things flew off shelves, I heard loud voices when there was no one there (I was awake, just came in from school). One night every door handle in the house was rattling- it was an old house and had loose old victorian knob handles on all the doors. Other people heard things- electric tools turned on at night in the barn-like outhouse where there was no electrical supply (you had to run a cable from the house). I often had scarey hypnogic like noise experiences usually voices or human sounds like 'boo!', these completely stopped when we moved. The house was detatched and a fair distance from any neighbours so it wasn't sounds from somewhere else.
The second place was similar in its scariness, I lived there as an adult, it was a maisonette above and behiond a shop, with a garden. That was a dark place that needed lights on all day, people felt too unnerved to visit, there were noises and things moved and figures were seen, most notable was a woman staring from an upstairs bedroom window, dressed in a dark dress with a white pinafore over the top, she apparently had a nasty look on her face, I didn't see her but my ex and son did on seperate occasions. My daughter had that room and she moved her bed right by the door which she kept open, plus the light on, she said the curtains used to blow into the room, sometimes as high as the ceiling, even with the window shut.

Totally true and if it helps - I believe you.

Australia sure is full of weird stuff. A friend of mine drove from Tennant Creek to Perth - he just told me about "weird shit" - he still won't talk about what really happened - it scared the pants off him - especially the outback nights.

drbates said:
Wabbit:

Did they ACTALLY open, as far as you know or was it just the sound?
As far as I could see they didn't open, it was just the noise. When you opened the doors they made a sort of thurrrrck-dunk sound. Nothing like anything else in the shop.

In fact, could you see them to vefrify that they didnt open?
I could see all the fridges from where I was sitting at the counter.

RE: Aussie Min-min lights

Oz certainly has its share of weird.

The min-min lights (yes, that is the real name; no, I'm not channelling the Goons) are always interesting to watch.

I went to a B&S ball once in the middle of nowhere where they are pretty common. A group of young idiots, stonkered on fire-water were bunny-bashing in a couple of utes (given the amount of alcohol these guys had on board, I'd say the rabbits were safer than we were).

Anyway, the lads saw the lights in a paddock and decided to 'race' them. 2 utes, loaded with drunken Aussie males, screaming across miles of scrub, tearing after these lights. The rest of us were, naturally, laying bets.

They never caught them (the lights that is), but I wonder if somewhere in the universe a bunch of alien kids got the fright of their lives that night. After all, they're supposed to chase the Humans and make us wet our pants - not the other way around!

You've got to admire those macho Aussie males, giving no thought to their safety while they chase alien lights in the utes (whatever those are). Because, after all, when you've been brought up in a country where every animal, insect and plant wants to kill you as its main objective in life, you can't really show fear of the unknown.

Especially not in front of your mates.

los_grandes_lutz said:
You've got to admire those macho Aussie males, giving no thought to their safety while they chase alien lights in the utes (whatever those are).

Utes=utility vehicles?

Ute - what happens when an AUSTRALIAN cuts the back half out of their car, adds a panel behind the front seat and takes out the back seats, and puts a steel tray as a floor.

So, engine, cab, tray. North Americans call them 'pickups'. They're really called 'utes' - utility.

My early memories is as a kid driving a tiny one that had 3 gears (forward, fast, and reverse) and was about the size of a datsun. As well as my fathers first driving advice. "When choosing between the wombat and the ditch, take the ditch."

Now that you mention it, about a hundred years ago, my dad used to own a Chevy salon car. A huge thing (like all 1950's American cars) but the boot had no lid, instead it was open like a pickup. The car had obviously been designed that way rather than just missing a boot lid, and he discovered that it had been intended for the Australian market, as a cross with the comfort of a car and the loading capabilities of a small pickup.

The funny thing about that was that the petrol cap was behind one of the tail lights, which swung open on hinges. Oh the fun we used to have, going into petrol stations and watching the petrol attendant walking around the car trying to find the petrol cap.

Then in the late 60's he decided that it was too much of a gas guzzler and swapped it for ...... a VW Bettle :oops:
The shame of it!

The classic story of the ute is that it was invented by an Australian farmer who wanted something in which he could drive the wife to church on a Sunday, and the pigs to market on a Monday.

Or maybe it was the other way round.

Back