• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Shrinking Bed

If by 'UC' you mean University of California, I may be able to get you help, in the medium-to-long term.

My son has recently accepted a PhD physics placement spread evenly between a London university and Stanford. I will instruct the snailet-physicist in the problem of the blanket before he goes and if he finds evidence of disturbing sub-atomic bedding interference, I can promise you that he will take discreet steps to rectify the situation.

He'll probably reset the dial to 'snooze'.

Update

Thank you all for your thoughts, again.

Update: the bed seems to be the same size it had become when my husband and I noticed the change.

escargot1: Yes, UC is University of California, but Stanford is a private institution and not part of the UC system (not very far away, though). I hope your son enjoys Stanford and the City of Palo Alto. (If you yourself ever visit out here, please let me know ahead of time: perhaps, we could arrange the first -- and probably only -- Fortean meetup in Santa Cruz!)

Love the idea of resetting the dial to 'snooze'!

:D

Well, you learn someting new every day! :D

I certainly do expect to visit t'snailet there some day and will definitely give you a bell when I do! 8)

Back