• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Sigil Disposal Chute

theredmeanie

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Two nights ago, I had a dream in which I was instructed to post the following. (I know, I know...) After much deliberation, I thought I'd better do so..

I was told (in the dream) that to make sigils more powerful, the sigil/glyph, after being constructed in the 'normal' way should be further developed into an anthropomorphic form, as a cartoon character. Apparently, so I was informed (in the dream), sigils do not appreciate being left as abstract glyphs and much prefer being given more substance. I was also taught that they liked to be seen by other people, and hang around, as opposed to being burnt/flushed/tossed into the ocean etc.

I've no idea who was telling me this, but it also said (I stress, in the dream, before anyone calls the doctor) that posting a sigil on a message board is a good way of doing this practice.

Well, I woke up feeling a little foolish. But I went ahead and made a sigil, as instructed, regarding a job I have been waiting to hear about for weeks and had pretty much given up hope about. I didn't post it on any boards though, because I felt like a bit of a twat.

12 hours later, I heard that I'd got the job.

So, just in case..if anyone wants to push their anthropomorphic sigils out...and as a thank you to mine,..I'll start...

sigilanthro.jpg

theredmeanie said:
Onix_Martinez said:
I'll give it a go. I am in desperate need of good news.

well then post your anthropomorphic sig!

I have it, I just have to find a way to convince the tech-guys that I really, really need to use the office scanner.

Onix_Martinez said:
..I have it, I just have to find a way to convince the tech-guys that I really, really need to use the office scanner.
You can always photograph it with a digital camera, and post that.

Yup, I often snap things instead of scanning.

My last camera had a 'document' setting, very James Bond. :lol:

I totally forgot about my sigil until I saw this post again. When I get home I'll scan it. Now I have a new PC and stuff. so I guess it worked after all.

I've got a few kicking around that i've totally forgotten the meaning of anyhow, so hopefully mine are happy.

That said, as I've got some pretty important stuff going on at the moment I might go draw me a cartoon character and sling it up here :)

Greetings from Kathmandu

SDC10838ss.jpg
I thank you.

/edit/ SUCCESS! (pure coincidence, of course)

Ah, I have a question about sigils. I know this isn't the right thread, but the search function isn't working at all. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

My sigil situation has become very puzzling.

I just tried a sigil for the first time, maybe by accident it kept taking on a cartoony face anyway! had to work on it make it less characterful! Its hiding away forgottenish at the moment. I really don't know what I'm doing but maybe thats the way to go with them.

bunnymousekitt said:
Ah, I have a question about sigils. I know this isn't the right thread, but the search function isn't working at all. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.
Use the Search function below the 'Forums' heading (NOT the magazine search, higher up the page) - you'll get plenty of results.

Thanks for the advice. :) That's the one I had been using, though, and it just keeps returning a bunch of results about Barack Obama - none of which had a thing to do with sigils...
Maybe it's something wrong on my end of things?

Searching on sigil*, thread title only, I get

sigsearch.jpg

..and not a sign of Barack Obama!

Funny, my results are still different than yours! But maybe that's a subject for the conspiracy threads. :lol:
You've given me enough to get started, though. Thanks. :D

Back