• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Stories From Pravda Thread

Truly bizarre stuff! Pravda seems to be a bit of a wierdness magnet these days. (The "Mindreading satellites" story some time back, etc...)

As it turns out, a lot of myths, legends, and tales say that there used to be no Moon in the sky. The Moon appeared after the Great Flood.
The people from the Mayan civilization left reports, in which they said that it was not the Moon, but Venus shining above them in the sky at night.
There are many other theories to explain from where the Moon actually came. One of them even says that the Moon was created by aliens.
Is there any form of life on the Moon? The Moon’s surface is not inhabitable. Maybe, there are some creatures living under the thick layers of moon soil?

What do people do to protect themselves from a possible nuclear war or any other man caused catastrophes? People build underground shelters. They are deep, strong, and huge shelters. Up-to-date technologies allow people to live underground for decades and even hundreds of years. Needless to mention that this is not meant for the whole of humanity, only for the elite. Such bunkers could have been built in a part of the Earth that broke off and became the Moon.

Most likely, there is no life on the Moon. If there is, then the Moon is something like a space station. The few people that had the chance to walk on the moon’s surface saw very strange things, such as traces of tanks and little orange glass figures. One person even claimed to have seen UFOs.

Marvelous stuff! :gaga:

PRAVDA...NEWS

can we take any of the articles serious, that are printed there? there seems to be many of them from that source in the "breaking news", on the home page. they just seem so funky to me and tabloid..:sceptic:

Damn right

The yellow press certainly have taken the task of distracting the people to heart, and will publish themost ridiculous stories,often from fringe groups in the West, as if it were all true. Is Pravda the equivalent of the Sunday sport nowadays or something?

The articles are funny, but I find it pretty annoying that they are cluttering up the Breaking News. I want breaking news, not made up stuff.

Pravda would now appear to be the quality end of the market, for
Russia, it was reported today, now has a tabloid modelled on The
Sun. I heard a report on Radio Four about an hour ago and the name
of the paper sounded like "Jism"!

It deals with the doings of celebrities and is full of tits of the other
kind. The lead story today is about a footballer who suffered a
heart attack, when he discovered that the prostitute he called was
his own daughter. Sounds familiar. Are footballers older in
Russia or are the prostitutes younger? :eek:

Anyway the story is probably on the pyramids. :confused:

Yes i remember "bomber story"

also the "dated" story you refer to "cities on the Moon" they choose stories like that,they pull out of old books/articles that are years ago..recently stuff on the yeti by "ivan t. sanderson" is good example..such crap!!..lets keep pravada "out" of breaking news!! its a total waste of research time!!though now as soon as I see it when I click on the daily "fare" of breaking news, if I see "pravda" I just Stop! and go to next..

I agree....as soon as I see that it's a link to Pravda I just skip it....waste of time.

sureshot

Once on the website they reported that they had won a trial against Pravda the printed Newspaper over the use of the name "Pravda.ru". So, I don't think it's the same publication is it?

Aaaahh. That might explain one or two things. (Though the printed form was never entirely trusted, either. ;) )

James Whitehead said:
I heard a report on Radio Four about an hour ago and the name of the paper sounded like "Jism"!
The word is "zhisin'", which means "life".

Russian magician study

The translation is a little creaky but it is an interesting account of a long running investigation of various magicians (his conclusion isn't really very suprising):

Legendary magicians: Mystery revealed

01/08/2004 14:30

In the course of forty years, I have been able to trace a great deal of information about human phenomenons who are well-known in experimental psychology.

Wolf Messing, V.V. Shereshevsky, Rosa Kuleshova, Ninel Kulagina, Vanga, Chumak, Kashpirovsky, Longo, Uri Geller, and others.....
In the course of forty years, I have been able to trace a great deal of information about human phenomenons who are well-known in experimental psychology. While involving some of them in my own experiments, I was mainly using my personal method of dicriminatory analysis. The method allowed me to conclude that majority of my "subjects" simply lacked all of their widely advertised psychophysical qualities. All of it appeared to me as a complete mystery, an illusion of sort. Most importantly, there exist a tremendous amount of people who blindly believe in those peoples" unique abilities.

Wolf Messing

In October of 1966 I was testing Messing's telepathic abilities in a Medical Institute in Semipalatinsk. Upon my first arrival to the Institute, I decided to get acquainted with the maestro in the first place. He in turn refused to meet me. I had no other choice but to introduce myself as one of Messing's colleagues in order to be present on one of his performances. Everyone was impressed by my enthusiasm to get to know Messing. Eventually, even maestro himself inquired about me. I was later introduced to Messing as one of the members of the ensemble.

In the course of Messing"s performance, I asked several students to participate in a special s?ance. Each one of them had been introduced to the special assignment in advance. The assignment consisted of three main stages. During the first stage, Messing had to reveal his physical sensitivity towards ideomotor acts of a participant (audience member). The second stage was meant to observe maestro's logical thinking. Finally, the third stage was meant to observe Messing"s telepathic abilities in order to determine someone's figure. The assignment undermined the following: entering the auditorium, stopping right by the third row, stomping once, continuing to walk towards the tenth row and pointing to a chandelier. Later, a student had to walk to the end of the auditorium, find a briefcase, locate a book in it, open the book on page 101, take an enclosed envelope and open it. In it, a student was to find a symbol of peace-a picture of Picasso's dove and to proclaim the following phrase, "Let there be Peace."
As I expected it, Messing had brilliantly completed the first stage of the task. During the second stage where he was meant to exhibit his magnificent analytical skills, Messing's result was satisfactory. The third task however turned out to be impossible for maestro to finish at all.

Later, I showed several etudes of rather complex nature to those students. I was able to find a hidden needle, located certain book in the library and was even able to point a word in that book which they had chosen. I managed to complete all of the tasks without using my hands or my sight to control things. As soon as all of us returned to the auditorium, Wolf Messing was on stage surrounded by many of his fans. The moment Messing saw me, he proclaimed, "Young man! You should not get too excited over these things. This is a gift from God. You better continue with your musical career and you will be a successful musician."
The students could keep the secret any longer and revealed all of my etudes to Wolf Messing. They even remarked that my "program" had been much more difficult than his. Messing was furious. He cancelled his remaining shows. Perhaps, this was the right thing to do indeed.

In 1975 I was preparing a show of operational thinking based on brain's non-central functioning. I managed to learn to play the piano with my left hand. In addition, I was performing 5-6 different tasks with my right hand. Even most talented musicians of today will find themselves incapable of repeating the same routine.
In ten years, I was on a tour and ended up in the exact same town as Messing. Back then, I was faced with exact same task by a bunch of graduate students from the local Medical Institute. I successfully completed the entire routine. The audience was completely bedazzled. In response, I said just one phrase, "You can ask our famous physicists A. I. Kitaigorodsky and V.L. Linzburg, both of whom are my supporters in a fight against pseudo-science and mysticism."

S.V. Shereshevsky, whose abilities have been carefully studied in the course of thirty years by such soviet psychologists as L.S. Vigotsky and A.R. Luria, is another rather "mystical" persona. After the research, Luria wrote a book entitled "A small book of big memory." In it the scientist ratifies that Shereshevsky possessed the most phenomenal memories ever described in scientific literature.

He was able to memorize twenty digits in a 35-40 second time frame and remember them for decades. Obviously, he possessed an eidetic type of memory. An ordinary person however is capable of memorizing the same twenty digits in a 20 second time frame using mnemonic method. As far as his long term memory is concerned, this is not really a proved fact. Upon his arrival home, Sherevsky would recite the exact same information over and over again. This was especially true before the upcoming meetings with scientists.

Rosa Kuleshova, who is particularly famous for her phenomenal sight, in fact uses illusionist tricks of an Indian illusionist Sorkar who was the first to master such focus-pocus.

At times, she would use a different method in various scientific circles. One of such techniques, for instance, has been described in a film entitled "One step behind horizon." Kuleshova is asked to read a word through a sealed envelope. "What do you see?", asks the questioner. "A stick," replies Kulishova. "What else?" follows another question. "I see a circle," once more utters Kulishova. "That is correct." This is how she deciphered all the letters in that word. In the end, the word "RUDA" is revealed. The audience cheers. Such was one the most "difficult" words of Rosa Kulishova's career.

Another human phenomenon-Ninel Kulagina. Originally from St Petersburg, she became famous for her "tricks" of telekinesis. She used powerful magnets in her performances and thin threads, all of which remained unnoticed for the audience. At times, her trick appeared to be quite elaborate. For instance, she asked to cover several matches with a glass. To everybody's surprise, the matches continued to move. What the audience did not know was the fact that each one of those matches had a needle inside. Each one of them in turn was influenced by a powerful magnet inserted either in her shoes or underneath her clothes.

Vanga and Vanya

In the course of my long-term research, I was able to experiment with uncle Vanya from Taldi-Kurgan. He reached a peak of stardom in 1970s. I attended one of his "shows" My taxi driver informed me of a healer named uncle Vanya in their village who is capable of curing people even of most horrible sicknesses. "People from the entire country arrive here to visit him," noted the driver. By the end of our talks, we decided to make a bet, to see whether uncle Vanya was as fantastic as the driver had said.

It took us a few hours to reach uncle Vanya's house. It was surrounded by people. We were admitted in no time however. We were welcomed. After a short introductory speech, uncle Vanya grabbed my hair strand and placed it in a Vodka jar. Afterwards, he started a rather amorphous discussion about my life. He even threw in some interesting facts, which were of course a lie. On my return back to the car, I handed a sealed envelope with my explanations of the witnessed to my taxi driver. Here is the explanation. All taxi drivers in this tiny town work as informational managers for uncle Vanya. They pick up passengers from the train station and guarantee their admittance by uncle Vanya ahead of others. A certain sum of money is obviously demanded for such hassle. Afterwards, they claim their professionalism and pretend to cure any disease.

If uncle Vanya worked on a rather small scale, aunty Vanga managed to bring the matter all the way to the governmental level. She was under a constant watch of Bulgarian special services. Therefore, she needed to "work" with celebrities such as L. Leonov, S. Mikhalkov, V. Tikhonova, Presidents Ilyumzhinov, Todor Zhivkov, and other famous individuals. All of them were stunned by Vanga's insights. Bulgarian president Todor Zhivkov was especially impressed after Vanga had told him one incident from his youth. Such incident was also remembered by Bulgarian special services.

I recommended V. I. Sudakov to use my method of discriminatory-discrediting method on Vanga, the one I used to discredit uncle Vanya. He completed the task successfully. My fellow "truth-seeker" discovered that this was all just a mere advertising campaign to attract more tourists to esoteric Bulgaria. Besides, a lot of her forecasts did not come true at all.
In the course of many years of communicating with sorcerers and magicians, I got convinced of their non-existent spirituality, as a mean to do good for others.

So, what exactly did those people do?

First of all, their main goal was to satisfy their personal material situation. Afterwards, fame and vanity started to rule them all. Their activity could simply termed-a study of human beings. The study requires an in-depth knowledge of many fundamental sciences about humans. One cannot acquire such knowledge within days. Years of tedious work is needed in order to reach certain results and learn certain skills. The above mentioned individuals decided to choose a shorter road to stardom by fooling the entire nation.

Such occurrences were typical in 90s in Russia. It was particularly during those years that a tremendous amount of "famous" magicians, sorcerers and healers appeared on the surface. Obviously, this was done with government"s permission.
I was lucky enough to be in touch with several of such sorcerers. Each one of our Russian magicians (Kashpirovsky, Chumak, Longo, and Djuna) was unique in his/her own way. Longo was the most "loud" one. He could bring dead people to life, cure incurable illnesses and so on. He claimed that he could bring Lenin himself back to life. KGB however opposed such decision. Interestingly, neither government, nor the general public did not show any signs of distress towards those "tricks" which were often broadcasted on TV.

I was once invited to a TV show "The Third Eye" with Longo. In the course of our lively discussion, I handed him an envelope with an enclosed photograph and a short note. I asked him to help me locate the Artamanov's family father. Longo carefully examined the photographed, waved his hands and then exclaimed with an absolute assurance that the father will return home in six months. In the meantime, the entire Artamonov family, including their father, was watching their TV screen in their cozy living room.

Yury Gorny

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377/11730_mystery.html

Emps

I love Pravdas Fortean section, its so...unexpected.

And the english is so...original.

Any new stories from 'Pravda' that look a bit Fortean, however unlikely, please post them here.

I could do with a laugh and 'Pravda' deserves a Thread all its own.

That way I won't get disappointed when I go to read an interestingly titled, new, Thread and discover it's from bloody, 'Pravda'

:p

Somebody else can start an 'Ananova', or a 'Sun' thread.

Good idea - if they take off (like the girl with X-ray eyes currently with a double page fetaure in the current FT ;) ) then we can move them to more appropriate venues. :)

Emps

From the front page:

Cat Has Seven Ears and Feels Happy

03/03/2004 13:56

It is not for the first time that such anomalies are registered with domestic animals in the Samara Region

A couple of ordinary domestic cats in Russia's Samara Region gave birth to an unusual kitten having seven ears instead of two.

At first, owners noticed the kitten had three ears: there was a couple of normal ears like all animals have and the third one was inside of one of the normal ears. That is why the name given to the kitten was consonant with the numeral "three". It was just several months later that the owners discovered even more ears when they were bathing the cat. They are very small and poorly developed, but they are nevertheless normal ears. The people were surprised to see that the pet also had two small ears inside of a big one and two more ears on the kitten's cheek.

The owners of the pet cannot explain the anomaly and state they have never seen such phenomena before. The seven ears give no trouble to the cat, what is more it does not notice them. The cat hears well especially when it is invited to have meals.

It is not for the first time that such anomalies are registered with domestic animals in the Samara Region. In 2000, a calf with two heads was born in a village of the region. That was strange that both heads were moving synchronously: two tongues were seeking mother's milk and four eyes winked at once. Unfortunately, the calf was too weak and frail and soon died.

The same year, a chicken with four legs hatched out at a poultry farm of the Samara Region. At that, two legs were normal and others were underdeveloped. However, in spite of the defect the chicken laid eggs very well, they always had two yolks.

Biologists say the anomalies are genetic mutations that are rarely registered. Only one of a million of cells mutates. Genetic abnormality is often the result of interbreeding of closely related animals. Abnormalities registered within the recent period are usually connected with an unfavorable environmental situation and transgenic food.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377/12203_cat.html

Into quarantine with you - if you haven't developed rabbies in 6 months you can come out:

Northern sea baffles archaeologists

03/11/2004 12:50

Remains of an ancient civilization discovered in the depths of the Northern sea

While some scientists spend all their time and efforts in search of Atlantis, others have already discovered remains of an ancient civilization that had existed on the same territory as present-day Northern sea. With the help of modern technology, archaeologists were able to get a better glimpse of the ancient world.

Approximately 10 000 years ago the entire bottom of the Northern sea had been a blossoming valley, inhabited by ancestors of modern-day Europeans. Scientists from the Birmingham University were able to reach such conclusion after reconstructing local landscape by means of computers. Archaeologists analyzed data of earth's crust's fluctuations and using a specially designed program managed to come up with a 3D image of the area. The region connects today's British Isles with continental Europe.

The science of anthroposophia is among a few that sincerely believes in the existence of Atlantis, which used to occupy a gigantic territory-from Americas to modern Near East. Tectonic movements, earthquakes and volcano eruptions have split the continent. The major portion of it has sunken. Modern-day British Isles (Great Britain, Ireland, Scotland), Iceland, Canaries, Cabo-Verde (islands of the Green cape) as well as several islands of the Caribbean are considered to be Atlantis' remains.

According to this hypothesis, the very first cataclysms began affecting Atlantis about 800 000 years ago. Some scientists assume that this event has been portrayed in the Biblical story of the Great Flood. Other major shifts took place nearly 200 000 years ago, leaving only miserable fragments of the mighty kingdom of its inhabitants. The civilization has been almost totally destructed about 80 000 years ago. Ancient Greek philosopher Plato describes the fall of Atlantis as the collapse of the legendary island of Poseidonis, which had been consumed by waters in 9564 BC, when volcano eruptions along with powerful earthquakes had destroyed the last stronghold of the island.

Soon after the first cataclysms started to occur, Atlantes moved to the North-East populating territories of today"s Great Britain and Scandinavia (which used to be connected at the time). British archaeologists managed to reconstruct this particular region. The entire valley used to be divided by a 600 meter wide river. When northern glaciers began to melt (as a result of another shift of the equator's axis) waters completely flooded the valley.

"This is an amazing virtual project, which allows us to look closer at the past," says Bob Stone, member of the team of archaeologists. "Archaeologists, historians along with other specialists help us to get the most precise picture of the area. We use special data of seismic activity and tectonic movements in the area." Soil samples have already been extracted from the depths of the sea. Scientists discovered traces of fossilized remains of flora and fauna.

Grigory Donskov,
"Saratovskie Vesti"

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377/12245_Atlantis.html

A real winner!!

Boriska-boy from Mars

03/12/2004 19:38

Sometimes, some children are born with quite fascinating talents, unusual abilities.

I was told the story of an unusual boy named Boriska from members of an expedition to the anomaly zone located in the north of the Volgograd region, most commonly referred to as "Medvedetskaya gryada".

"Can you imagine, while everyone was sitting around the campfire at night, some little boy (about 7 years of age) suddenly asked everyone"s attention. Turned out, he wanted to tell them all about life on Mars, about its inhabitants and their flights to earth," shares one of the witnesses. Silence followed. It was incredible! The little boy with gigantic lively eyes was about to tell a magnificent story about the Martian civilization, about megalithic cities, their spaceships and flights to various planets, about a wonderful country Lemuria, life of which he knew in details since he happened to descend there from Mars, had friends there.

Logs were cracking, night's fog enveloped the area and the immense dark sky with myriads of brightly lit stars seemed to conceal some sort of a mystery. His story lasted for about an hour and a half. One guy was smart enough to tape the entire narration.

Many were stunned by the two distinctive factors. First of all, the boy possessed exceptionally profound knowledge. His intellect was obviously far from that of a typical 7-year-old. Not every professor is capable of narrating the entire history of Lemuria and Lemurians and its inhabitants in such details. You will be unable to find any mentioning of this country in school textbooks. Modern science has not yet proved existence of other civilizations.

Second of all, we were all amazed by the actual speech of this young boy. It was far from the kind kids his age usually use. His knowledge of specific terminology, details and facts from Mars' and Earth"s past fascinated everyone.

"Why did he start the conversation in the first place," said my interlocutor. "Perhaps, he was simply touched by the overall atmosphere of our camp with many knowledgeable and open-minded people," continued he.

"Could he make this all up?"

"Doubtful", objected my friend". "To me this looks more like the boy was sharing his personal memories from past births. It is virtually impossible to make up such stories; one really had to know them."

Today, after meeting with Boris' parents and getting to know the boy better, I begin to carefully sort out all the information obtained around that campfire. He was born in Volzhskii town in a suburban hospital, even though officially, based on the paperwork, his birthplace is the town of Zhirnovsk of Volgograd region. His birthday is January 11th, 1996. (Perhaps it will be helpful for astrologers).

His parents seem to be wonderful people. Nadezhda, Boriska's mother, is a dermatologist in a public clinic. She graduated from Volgograd medical institute not so long ago in 1991. The boy"s father is a retired officer. Both of them would be happy if someone could shed the light onto the mystery behind their child. In the meantime, they simply observe him and watch him grow.

-After Boriska was born, I noticed he was able to hold his head in 15 days, recalls Nadezhda. His first word "baba" he uttered when he was 4 months old and very soon afterward started talking. At age 7, he constructed his first sentence, "I want a nail." He said this particular phrase after noticing a nail stuck in the wall. Most notably, his intellectual abilities surpassed his physical ones.

-How did those abilities manifest themselves?

-When Boris was just one year old, I started giving him letters (based on the Nikitin"s system) and guess what, at 1,5 he was able to read large newspaper print. It didn"t take long for him to get acquainted with colors and their shades. He began to paint at 2.

Then, soon after he turned 2, we took him to the children day care center. Teachers were all stunned by his talents and his unusual way of thinking. The boy possesses exceptional memory and an unbelievable ability to grasp new information. However, his parents soon noticed that their child had been acquiring information in his own unique way, from some place else.

-No one has ever taught him that, recalls Nadya. But sometimes, he would sit in a lotus position and start all these talks. He would talk about Mars, about planetary systems, distant civilizations.we couldn"t believe our own ears. How can a kid know all this? Cosmos, never-ending stories of other worlds and the immense skies, are like daily mantras for him since he was 2.

It was then that Boriska told us about his previous life on Mars, about the fact that the planet was in fact inhabited, but as a result of the most powerful and destructive catastrophe had lost its atmosphere and that nowadays all its inhabitants have to live in underground cities. Back then, he used to fly to earth quite often for trade and other research purposes. It seems that Boriska piloted his spaceship himself. This was during the times of the Lemurian civilizations. He had a Lemurian friend who had been killed right before his own eyes.

-A major catastrophe took place on earth. A gigantic continent was consumed by stormy waters. Then suddenly, a massive rock fell on a construction.by friend was there., tells Boriska. I could not safe him. We are destined to meet some time in this life.

The boy envisions the entire picture of the fall of Lemuria as though it happened yesterday. He grieves the death of his best friend as though it was his fault.

One day, he noticed a book in his mother"s bag entitled "Where do we come from?" by Ernst Muldashev. One should have seen the kind of happiness and fascination this discovery triggered in the little boy. He"s been flipping through pages for hours, looking at sketches of Lemurians, photos of Tibet. He then started talking about high intellect of the Lemurians.

-But Lemuria ceased to exist minimum 800 000 years ago., I uttered in response to his statements. Lemurians were 9 meters tall! Is that so? How can you remember all this?

-I do remember, replied the boy.

Later, he began recalling another book by Muldashev entitled "In Search of the City of Gods." The book is mainly devoted to ancient tombs and pyramids. Boriska firmly stated that people will find knowledge under one of the pyramids (not the pyramid of Heops). It hasn"t been discovered yet. "Life will change once the Sphinx will be opened," said he and added that the great Sphinx has an opening mechanism somewhere behind his ear (but he does not remember where exactly). The boy also talks with great passion and enthusiasm about the Mayan civilization. According to him, we know very little about this great civilization and its people.

Most interestingly, Boriska thinks that nowadays the time has finally come for the "special ones" to be born on earth. Planet"s rebirth is approaching. New knowledge will be in great demand, a different mentality of earthlings.

-How do you know about these gifted kids and why this is happening? Are you aware that they are called "indigo" kids?

-I know that they are being born. However, I haven't met anyone in my town yet. Perhaps may be this one girl named Yulia Petrova. She is the only one who believes me. Others simply laugh at my stories. Something is going to happen on earth; that is why these kids are of importance. They will be able to help people. The Poles will shift. The first major catastrophe with one of the continents will happen in 2009. Next one will take place in 2013; it will be even more devastating.

-Aren't you scared that your life may also going to end as a result of that catastrophe?

-No. I"m not afraid. I have lived through one catastrophe on Mars already. There still live people like us out there. But after the nuclear war, everything has burnt down. Some of those people managed to survive. They built shelters, new weaponry. There was also a shift of continents there, although the continent was not as large. Martians breathe gas. In case they arrived to our planet, they would have been all standing next to pipes and breathing in fumes.

-Do you prefer breathing oxygen?

-Once you are in this body, you have to breathe oxygen. However, Martians dislike this air, earth"s air, because it causes aging. Martians are all relatively young, about 30-35 years old. The amount of such Martian children will increase annually.

-Boris, why do our space stations crash before they reach Mars?

-Mars transmits special signals aimed at destroying them. Those stations contain harmful radiation.

I was amazed by his knowledge of this sort of radiation "Fabos". This is absolutely true. Back in 1988 resident of Volzhsky Yuri Lushnichenko, a man with extrasensory powers attempted to warn Soviet leaders about the inevitable crash of the first Soviet space stations "Fobos 1" and "Fobos-2". He also mentioned this sort of an "unfamiliar" and harmful for the planet radiation. Obviously, no one believed him then.

-What do you know about multiple dimensions? Do you know that one must fly not on straight trajectories, but maneuvering through the multi-dimensional space?

Boriska immediately rose to his feet and started to pour all the facts about UFOs. "We took off and landed on Earth almost momentarily!" The boy takes a chalk and begins drawing an oval object on a blackboard. "It consists of six layers," he says. 25%--outer layer, made of durable metal, 30%--second layer made of something similar to rubber, the third layer comprises 30%--once again metal. The final 4% is composed of a special magnetic layer. "If we are to charge this magnetic layer with energy, those machines will be able to fly anywhere in the Universe."

-Does Boriska have a special mission to fulfill? Is he aware of it?- I pose these questions to his parents and the boy himself.

-He says he can guess,- says his mother. He says he knows something about the future of Earth. He says information will play the most significant role in the future.

-Boris, how do you know all this?

-It is inside of me.

-Boris, tell us why do people get sick?

-Sickness comes from people's inability to live properly and be happy. You must wait for you cosmic half. One should never get involve and mess up other peoples" destinies. People should not suffer because of their past mistakes, but get in touch with what"s been predestined for them and try to reach those heights and move on to conquer their dreams. (These are the exact words he was using).

You have to be more sympathetic and warmhearted. In case someone strikes you, hug your enemy, apologize yourself and kneel before him. In case someone hates you, love him with all your love and devotion and ask for forgiveness. These are the rules of love and humbleness. Do you know why the Lemurians died? I am also partially at blame. They did not wish to develop spiritually any more. They went astray from the predestined path thus destructing the overall wholeness of the planet. The Magic"s Path leads to dead end. Love is a True Magic!

-How do you know all this???

-I know.Kailis.

-What did you say?

-I said "hello!" This is the language of my planet.

Gennady Belimov "NGN"

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377/12257_Martian.html

This is one of my favorites. I had been reading Sitchin at the time and was blown away by Enki's map of the world and his marvelous irrigation systems. Then I read other articles by Pravda and realized I had been had.

The map of "the Creator"

A find of Bashkir scientists contraries to traditional notions of human history: stone slab which is 120 million years covered with the relief map of Ural Region.

This seems to be impossible. Scientists of Bashkir State University have found indisputable proofs of an ancient highly developed civilization-s existence. The question is about a great plate found in 1999, with picture of the region done according to an unknown technology....The map also contains some inscriptions. Even numerous inscriptions. At first, the scientists thought that was Old Chinese language. Though, it turned out that the subscriptions were done in a hieroglyphic-syllabic language of unknown origin. The scientists never managed to read it-

?The more I learn the more I understand that I know nothing,¦ v the doctor of physical and mathematical science, professor of Bashkir State University, Alexander Chuvyrov admits.

Alexander Chuvyrov, being physicist, has got into the habit of entrusting only to results of investigation. While today there are such facts.

Geological structure of the slab was determined: it cosists of three levels. The base is 14 cm chick, made of the firmest dolomite. The second level is probably the most interesting, ?made¦ of diopside glas. The technology of its treatement is not known to modern science. Actually, the picture is marked on this level. While the third level is 2 mm thick and made of calcium porcelain protecting the map from external impact.

?It should be noticed, - the professor said, - that the relief has not been manually made by an ancient stonecutter. It is simply impossible. It is obvious that the stone was machined.¦ X-ray photographs confirmed that the slab was of artificial origin and has been made with some precision tools.

On the map, a giant irrigative system could be seen: in addition to the rivers, there are two 500-metre-wide channel systems, 12 dams, 300-500 metres wide, approximately 10 km long and 3 km deep each. The dams most likely helped in turning water in either side, while to create them over 1 quadrillion cubic metres of earth was shifted. In comparison with that irrigative system, Volga-Don Channel looks like a scratch on the today-s relief. As a physicist, Alexander Chuvyrov supposes that now mankind can build only a small part of what is pictured on the map. According to the map, initially, Belaya River had an artificial river-bad.

http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/04/30/28149.html

is pravda nowadays just like the daily sport? i prefered it when it was a communist mouth peice.

Toffeenose: Well I'm not sure they actually make the stories up but they do seem awfully credulous - some very important stories (like the girl with X-ray eyes) have emerged on Pravda first so it still has its uses ;)

This story may not be quite as mad as the rest and the mods might want to split it off:

Challenges for mankind survival - 03/10/2004 14:13

The release of the Pentagon report, ?Imagining the Unthinkable,¦ illustrates that even in the most restrictive political administrations there are those who will do the right thing.

Andrew Marshall, an 82 year old Pentagon legend, found a perfect way to release troubling research. He chose an investment publication which is generally read by those with discretionary income to invest in the stock market. The information is common knowledge within climate research circles, but now, due to Mr. Marshall-s astute action, it is beginning to reach mainstream academics and will soon be available to the average Joe on TV and in newspapers. Thank goodness.

It is imperative that follow-up reports step away from the hard science and begin to better illustrate the concrete ways an average person-s life will change when this shift takes place. This information will help us prepare and train our children. Because Mr. Marshall is primarily tasked with forecasting military issues, the Pentagon report is narrowly focused and as such has shortcomings.

An internet search on Ice Age history in North America points to severe climate change north of the Carolina-s. This means that the U.S. population will not be immune and people who live in densely populated cities north of 35N are vulnerable. Internet records detail Appalachian rainfall at one fifth to one third of present values, periglacial steppe-tundra or polar deserts north of 42N, animal extinctions and tree survival pushed far south. It is apparent that the key to surviving an ice age is adequate food and water. Humans have previously adapted to the 5-10 degree temperature swings, common in an Ice Age, without air conditioning and central heat, but we have not learned to survive without sustenance.

It is not dramatic to imagine that oil and nuclear weapons could lose value rather than gain value. After all, you can-t eat or drink them and the production of both pollutes vast amounts of water. We will need the water to feed our populace. Furthermore, communities may find themselves surviving in isolated pockets without government support. Grocery stores will not have enough for everyone, so growing a garden and collecting or recycling water will be necessary to save our families. History shows that multi-climate agriculture allowed people to survive Ice Age climate shifts. Europe-s post Ice Age demise was only prevented because explorers landed in Mexico where vast Indigenous civilizations thrived and were consuming complex and varied foods Europeans had never seen.

Additionally, these foods were grown in both cold, high mountain elevations and in warmer valley climates. We need to learn from this history and empower our elementary school children who will be in their teens and 20-s when the shift occurs. Since many modern children have never grown their own food, grade schools might add lessons about foods that grow in the cold and heat, how to make a simple greenhouse and how much it takes to feed a family.

Science projects could be geared to feature simplified solar and wind energy, water filtration and reclamation. We can all experiment in our yards, or in pots, and practice the basics of intensive gardening and growing plant foods, like the Three Sisters, which provide amino acids and protein we normally get from meat. When those plants go to seed we can collect and store the seed for next years garden. A complimentary step would be community gardens, bringing neighbors together to set up systems that work for their region. Learning these valuable skills now will protect us when reductions in air flight, shipping, train and trucking transport make grocery store supplies decline.

One component overlooked in the Pentagon report, is our diminishing magnetic field and the magnetic reversals that have occurred during previous Ice Age periods. It is shortsighted to think that the current north/south pole will remain fixed during a thermohaline circulation collapse. The report-s authors paint other countries as the ones who will run out of food resources, when it may be the U.S. who becomes the disadvantaged neighbor, all the while leading up to the crisis by alienating the very countries that could save us.

The most ancient cultures in the world live in the America-s, Asia and the Middle East and they have all survived Ice Ages. Knowing this, the authors should have edited assessments from an archaeologist who suggested that military instigated decimation of Indigenous Americans by plague was a ?success¦ in leading to peaceful times. His data ignores several thousand years of peaceful Indigenous survival before Europeans ?raided¦ the America-s to replenish their depleted resources.

It is also well documented that Hitler studied the U.S. Native American genocide as a template for his plan to murder non-Aryans in Germany. To include intentional plague in the context of a climate shift assessment such as this is problematic from both a humane and a political standpoint. Many people worldwide would argue that Earth has never experienced peace since the introduction of plague as a military weapon. It only made it easy to take the next step and consider nuclear destruction excusable as well.

In fact, the greatest risk to surviving the coming Ice Age may be the pre-occupation with military weapons, especially biologicals and nuclear, which are notoriously unstable and pollute the very resources we need to grow food. Current storage methods that don-t account for ice age climate swings, magnetic reversal, volcanic activity, extreme tides and huge volumes of water moving from existing areas will destroy these nations before famine even has a chance to take hold.

Furthermore, the very existence of these weapons guarantees that some soft, weak human, intent on stealing another-s food, rather than doing the labor to grow his own, will take the easy way out. We should not be afraid of this challenge but should instead embrace it as a catalyst for change.

Every ancient tribal culture talks about the great flood. It is the reason that modern people developed the story of Noah. Further research shows that Indigenous peoples have chronicled these cycles for thousands of years and did so to survive these climatic shifts. Knowing that Indigenous people know the secret to Ice Age survival, one might ask, why do we still allow colonial policies which encourage the destruction of their cultures, when most modern scientists can only fantasize about the changes that are just around the corner? Global dialogue, peace and cooperation is the only solution.

We need an immediate worldwide forum to address a safe and stable means of isolating and destroying weapons that pollute water supplies. Let-s not be shortsighted and think that all will be as it has been. What if the magnetic shift causes man-made orbiting objects to fall? What if export and import are no longer part of the equation? Would solar on our roofs, better insulation and incorporating solar adaptors for computers, radio and television keep our society stable? Perhaps we should be planting trees and curtailing heat and CO2 producing activities to buy us time. Thinking outside of the box now will reinforce our natural human resiliency to address a challenge and find the most comfortable way to survive it. This is of course what we humans do best-adapt.

Kate DeVries

Kate DeVries is a Southern California researcher and Television Producer/Director.

http://english.pravda.ru/printed.html?news_id=12235

UFO fragments yield sensational results

03/31/2004 13:39

An unidentified flying object has crashed in the Far East. Hundreds of people witnessed the event. The UFO crashed into the rocky mountains located in the town of Dalnegorsk.

A strange spherical object has slightly brushed upon the mount at approximately 8:00pm, January 29th, 1986. Witnesses claim they saw a bright flash but did not hear anything. The glow from the fire appeared rather strange: blue aureole lasted for about an hour and a half.

At first, local residents thought it was a rocket from the nearest military base. However, as it turned out, neither our, nor foreign armed forces conducted training at that time.

In a few days after the incident, a group of rescue workers and researchers headed by professor Dvuzhilin climbed up the Rockies. They managed to collect vitrified metal fragments for analysis.

Scientists were mesmerized by the results:

The fragments contained majority of elements of the periodic table. The alloy was incredibly strong; nothing but a diamond cutter could cut it. Strange things were happening to the metal fragments as well: certain metals were miraculously substituted by others. After melting the alloy in a vacuum, spectrum analysis did not detect previously present particles of gold, silver and nickel. Instead, such elements as titan and molybdenum appeared.

Back then scientists could not come up with a logical explanation and simply called it "mysticism". The main surprise however was yet to be discovered. Some of the fragments contained unusual gauze. It was made of the tiniest (only 17 micron wide) carbonic and metal threads. They in turn were made of twisted fibers.

It was impossible at the time to create anything that would resemble that piece of work. Nobody knew its main purpose either. Russian scientists did not want to mention aliens and simply assumed that the crashed object was an American apparatus; and the gauze was a mere example of their revolutionary technological advances.

After the USSR's collapse, all of those fragments (collected at 611m height) were introduced to English, American and Japanese scientists. They were all allowed to attend the actual place of the catastrophe and videotape the landscape. Valeri Dvuzhilin contacted his American colleagues; they however weren't much of help. American scientists disproved the assumption that the object had anything to do with American ground breaking technologies. In the end both sides began suspecting KGB.

Indeed KGB had something to do with the crash. Members of the regional committee of the Far East decided to conduct their own investigation. The investigation was mainly triggered by certain rumors of the locals who claimed that KGB was testing some secret weapons.

Back then, thirty three unidentified flying objects were spotted near Dalnegorsk. They hovered at 611 and illuminated the surface. Army guards, navy crews observed the show along with hundreds of local residents. TV and radio stations announced that those were simply "weather conditions."

Everyone preferred to forget about what happened at 611. However, events of the past year brought the memory back to life. Army guards of the Nakhodka region spotted a UFO. The object was located at 25 kilometers away from Dalnegorsk. This triangular-shpade machine equipped with six engines was moving quietly, hovering above sea and dry land. It disappeared after about an hour.

Afterwards, local fishermen discovered a rather strange substance in water. Interestingly, it was similar to the one found and examined by Dvuzhilin in 1986. Similar alloys were found only in the mountains in places where people witnessed those flying objects.

Another expedition that was sent to the mountains to examine the area more thoroughly detected a major anomaly at the height 611. After the UFO crash, even silicon becomes magnetized in the area.

"We climbed atop the mount together with Valeri Dvuzhilin," tells leader of the expedition Vadim Chernobrov. "We acquired almost thirty kg of various samples such as metal particles, wood fragments, stones. They were later sent to Moscow along with earlier acquired samples for further analysis. They were examined in several different research centers for more objective results."

Preliminary analysis yielded sensational results: those were neither traces of natural cataclysms, nor products of earthly technologies. The place at 611 m is the world's only place with distinct traces of the UFO landing.

Vadim Chernobrov assumes that there was not quite a crash but rather a rather bad landing. According to Dvuzhilin, Dalnegorsk attracts UFOs due to some unique fields of rare metals. If this is true, then another visit is not that far off.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/378/12390_UFO.html

Phantoms of Kremlin

03/26/2004 19:56

Many people died in Moscow Kremlin in the course of history, and there are plenty of historical chronicles on the phantoms of the dead in the Kremlin.

There are chronicles that shadows were seen and steps were heard of czar Ivan the Terrible (see the picture) in the lower tiers of Ivan the Great Bell Tower. There are memoirs of last Russian czar Nicolas II that on the eve of his crowning ceremony the ghost of Ivan the Terrible appeared before him and empress Alexandra Fedorovna. They saw this as a bad sign.

Other "political phantoms" were seen in the Kremlin as well. Since the period of the so called "Troubled Time" after pretender for czar Dmitry was killed, Muscovites started seeing the shape of the pretender"s figure on the Kremlin walls. There are rumors that the ghost was seen last time in 1991, after August coup, before the USSR collapse.

Petr Goryaev, Doctor of Biology, Academician of Russian Academy of Medical and Technical Science gave his comments on these stories in a Rodnaya Gazeta interview.

I believe the phenomena of this sort must be researched. These phenomena may influence not only our comfort, but also the security and well-being of the country leaders. They have to spend much time in the areas called "not good" by people. The idea that the Kremlin walls "remember" much, may be true. Information is stored in walls, items and then is released by them. However, not everybody is able to perceive this information. As a rule, very receptive persons or people in a certain psycho state feel this information. It is hard for them to prove this to others.

Rodnaya Gazeta. Is the Kremlin populated with the phantoms of its former "hosts"?

Petr Goryaev. I have broader interpretation of phantoms. Do you think that "phantom" is some frightening ghost in white clothes? In reality, ghost means memory of last events. There is a footprint in sand as memory of somebody"s moving. We encounter phantoms every day: voice and video recording are phantoms! Phantom creation is a fundamental phenomenon and is revealed on many levels.

Let us move into the domain of physics. Correlation and laser spectroscopy is based on reflection of any beam of light. In a dark room a beam of light encounters specks of dust, and they are dispersed in the beam. There are special devices: a beam of laser is directed onto the matter, it disperses light and the light contains much information on the dispersed matter. My colleagues and me researched DNA molecules. One of our tests is as follows: I am putting a laser beam from the spectrometer device in a pan filled with DNA solution. DNA molecules disperse the light and we obtain information on DNA by applying certain software to the dispersed light. Many scholars are doing this. At one point I replaced the pan with DNA by an empty one. Chaotic picture was supposed to appear on the computer screen because there was no DNA in the pan. All of a sudden, my colleagues and me saw a similar picture to that we had on the computer screen during DNA spectroscopy. I think this was DNA phantom.

Rodnaya Gazeta. How long does it exist?

Petr Goryaev. Very long. For days! I think about 40 days. It may exist even longer, but the devices are unable to detect this. The effect gradually goes beyond the limits of perception. Although I guess that any information that ever existed in the world, is stored forever.

Rodnaya Gazeta. We cannot help remembering that after the death of Stalin nobody entered his office in the Kremlin for a long time. The leaders of the USSR never had offices in the Kremlin after Stalin"s death. When Boris Yeltsin entered the Kremlin, he simply destroyed the former office of Lenin and constructed new office for himself. Today Vladimir Putin is working in this office. He seemed to replace the furniture in it.

Petr Goryaev. I think this all have its grounds. After one"s death something remains from the person. It can be called "soul" or something else. I want to find physical explanation to this. Physics has so called "theory of localized light or localized photons". According to it, photons (light) can be accumulated (like water in a sponge) in some substances such as metals, sugar (DNA is a sugar-like compound) and can be preserved in them for a long time. There is a long-standing belief that mirrors "remember" all they reflected. For this reason many people moving in the new apartment, throw away the mirrors they inherited from the former apartment owners. A reflection in a mirror is hologram: such holograms can be recorded and then be released in the form of very weak signals. This phenomenon can also be applied to other people"s furniture: it is better to be replaced because who knows what kind of information it "remembers".

By the way, English monarchs at one point left the Tower and moved into the Westminster. Similarly, Versailles became only a French museum. Every time when the new "owner" moves in the White House, big reconstruction takes place: furniture, carpets and mirrors are replaced, offices (except for the Oval Office) are changed. Before this, building undergoes sanitation by specialists on cyber-space security. People seem to feel something and believing in ghosts has its grounds. But many people avoid discussing this issue.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377/12362_phantoms.html

Back