• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Wilsthorpe Incident

Cavynaut

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/854745/UFO-aliens-Wilsthorp-Incident-40-UFOs-RAF

I hope that the link works, posting from a Kindle Fire and it's not the easiest of things to use.

Anyway, I thought I'd mention this incident on here as I don't recall seeing it mentioned previously. Whatever it was, it seems pretty clear that something out of the ordinary happened.

Hmm interesting, thanks for the link - one I'd not heard of before either. It does seem like something odd did occur, what with the military presence the day after :nods:

I wonder if, when the woman describes electricity going into the sea did she mean there were beams of light from the objects into the water?

Very interesting and compelling story. Reminds me of a story in one of Timothy Good's books about some guests in a hotel in (I think) Cyprus who watched a large object being buzzed by military jets.

Hard to imagine what a couple in their 80s would have to gain from making up something like this.

Very interesting and compelling story. Reminds me of a story in one of Timothy Good's books about some guests in a hotel in (I think) Cyprus who watched a large object being buzzed by military jets.

Hard to imagine what a couple in their 80s would have to gain from making up something like this.

Good point; I would say they would have nothing to gain really. :nods: Which, to my mind, makes things more credible.

Hmm interesting, thanks for the link - one I'd not heard of before either. It does seem like something odd did occur, what with the military presence the day after :nods:

I wonder if, when the woman describes electricity going into the sea did she mean there were beams of light from the objects into the water?

I first read of it in "Truth Proof" by Paul Sinclair. I'm not trying to plug the book, I have no connection with the bloke, but it does document some very puzzling stuff about Flamborough and Bridlington.

There appears to be quite a bit of independent evidence of increased military activity in the day after the sighting: the Bridlington Free Press mentioned it for example.

Something certainly happened...

"Paranormal investigator Paul Sinclair tells their story in a new book he is ....
Mr Sinclair said "something told her to look outside" before she opened the front door and ..." :thought: .... :meh: .... :yawn:

it does document some very puzzling stuff about Flamborough and Bridlington.
This is tasty. Share a few samples with us?

I've actually stayed in a beach-front holiday flat in Wilsthorpe, back in 2016; 1930's style flatlets surrounded by sand dunes. My daughter insists that it was a very weird place. I quite liked it. No UFOs though; I wonder if this sighting had something to do with the huge wind farm in that area. At night they look very strange.

1024px-Wind_Farm_at_Fraisthorpe_3.jpg

Last edited:

Well, there's a sodding great state-of-the-art early warning radar system at RAF Akrotiri, so if there was something buzzing about Cyprus, then that is one place to perhaps where to look for corroboration. It's probably where the jets came from for a start. There's also at least two Turkish Military airports, there's also commercial airports at Paphos and Larnaca. Lots of useful radars there. Surely there's some corroboration for this?

Good point; I would say they would have nothing to gain really. :nods: Which, to my mind, makes things more credible.
Gonna disagree! Using this as an argument for credibility really doesn't strengthen the case. If that argument was absolutely true, why tell anyone at all?

I wonder if this sighting had something to do with the huge wind farm in that area.
More likely it had to do with the military exercises purported to have been going on there at the time. I'd suggest that rather than after the alleged encounter, it was the encounter.

Gonna disagree! Using this as an argument for credibility really doesn't strengthen the case.
Correct.

I wonder if this sighting had something to do with the huge wind farm in that area. At night they look very strange.

I wonder - big wind turbines generate a decent amount of low frequency sound and also tend to produce 'wump' beats as the blades pass the tower and compress the air between. Knowing how low frequency sound can travel over water (and indeed through water) it might well be that locations onshore in the right conditions have odd infra-sound concentrations. And that might feel very rum.

More likely it had to do with the military exercises purported to have been going on there at the time. I'd suggest that rather than after the alleged encounter, it was the encounter.
I had the same thought. It's a scenario that also might lend itself well to false memory generation. One might recall a reported UFO and report of military exercise in the 'right' order and then once it's been strongly suggest that it was the other way around, your memory is re-consolidated with the exercise being post the UFO sighting and as a result of.

The headline from the Express article immediately put me in mind of the film Easyrider.

The three bikers settle round a campfire at night and, as they smoke a spliff, the topic falls to UFOs. The Jack Nicholson character relates of how he saw a fleet of `forty UFOs` going overhead one time. This line gets a laugh because...well, who'd be counting?

Mr Sinclair's book must be thin gruel if it is based around one sighting from an 80-something couple and a few uncredited rumours here and there. I hope there is nore to it than that.

Not to be ageist, but your 80s is the age when, for most people,your memory, no matter how sharp it had been before, starts to crankdown a bit. So, whilst I don't think an 80 year old's testimony should be doubted (indeed I might be inclined to trust it more than that of younger folks) - the sequence of events may get muddled. To that extent I'm obliged to agree with Coal in his last paragraph above.

I think the wind turbine angle is a bum lead though (I'm trying to avoid a pun on `hot air`). Wind turbines are very commonplace now and the couple live in the area. Anyway, how would wind turbines generate the sort of spectacle that they related (you'll be saying it's a light house next).

In short I don't see how this could be at all called `the British Roswell` - but I'd like to know more and see this book.Who knows - it could be the shot in the arm British Ufology needs!

Back