• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Three men and a ghost

A

Anonymous

Ghost boy in film scene

:confused: I remember being told years ago about a scene in '3 men and a baby' where the ghost of little boy can be seen through the curtains.Is this a urban film myth or has anyone seen it?I thought about this again when I read a query about a piece of film which showed a scary face at a window.Can anyone help???Thanks

It's a story that is quoted often. But actually the silhouette you see in the window is not a ghost boy. It's a cardboard cut-out of Ted Danson, which is also used elsewhere in the movie.

Myself and a friend decided to investigate this after he got really spooked by it. Our frame by frame analysis of the entire scene (yes, it took ages) confirmed it is indeed a cardboard cut out of Mr Danson. :) Boring, but true.

Are there any strange images in movies that haven't been debunked?

The scariest thing being that it probably boosted the profits of a dire film immeasurably with all the forteans renting it to check out that scene :D

I'm not sure if any of you have seen the 80's vampire movie "Fright Night", but there is a very creepy scene at the end of the film. The premise of the movie is that the protagonist has a vampire move in next door and mayhem insues. Well, the last scene of the film (after the vampire has been killed) is a night shot panning up from the boys room through his window and towards the dark window of the vampire's house. The window is completely dark, and suprise suprise, you suddenly see a pair of red eyes light up. That's not the creepy part (its actually tre' predictable and rather lame). The REALLY creepy part is that during that scene you can clearly see another face in the lower part of the window, peeking up over the window sill. :eek:

Good movie. Is the sequel worth anything?

I'm guessing they needed some guy there to hold the little red lamps.

Xanatic said:

I'm guessing they needed some guy there to hold the little red lamps.

Then he must be the world's most evil looking gaffer. :D

If I remember correctly, the guy lodged behind Laura Palmer's chest of drawers in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me was actually an electrician - David Lynch looked in on the set whilst the man was moving the chest, and thought he looked so scary he decided to use the image in the film!!!! :eek!!!!:

I can remember at some point in my childhood in the early eighties (I think) there was reputedly a music video shoot that had unwittingly filmed a ghost and this could be seen by eagle-eyed viewers at one point. Can't remember who the video was by, but I think it was shot in some sort of castle or church or something so it was probably by some New Romantic fop like Adam Ant... I just dunno! :eek!!!!:

Think this one was supposed to be genuine though - unlike the "Ghost watch" Halloween special that still managed to scare the crap out of me! My nights are still haunted by the spectral shape in the curtains...

YEAH! Wasn't the guy turned in to a character called Bob or something? Thanks for everyone clearing up that shadow thing in 3 men and a big hypey. How boring though!!!! Any one have any other film creepiness to share?? Once again many thanks:p :D :D

Lord Rileston said:
I can remember at some point in my childhood in the early eighties (I think) there was reputedly a music video shoot that had unwittingly filmed a ghost and this could be seen by eagle-eyed viewers at one point. Can't remember who the video was by, but I think it was shot in some sort of castle or church or something so it was probably by some New Romantic fop like Adam Ant... I just dunno! :eek!!!!:

The video for Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler was supposed to contain such spooksome imagery, I seem to remember from my Smash Hits reading days. :)

Bonnie Tyler... Thankyou!

I think I can be forgiven for not remembering that one though ;)

Xanatic said:

Actually, it wasn't bad at all. One of the better horror movie sequels out there.

This has probably been discussed to death, but I still don't see that they can say that the figure behind the curtain in Three Men and a Baby is a cardboard cut out of Ted Danson. It looks like a 12 year old boy to me. Any thoughts?

http://www.parascope.com/articles/0397/ghost13.htm

I have to say it still gives me the creeps when I see that scene.

I don't know if it's a hoax or not, Angel, but one thing seems clear to me - the figure of the 'ghost' certainly doesn't look at all like Ted Danson.

Carole

Exactly, and it doesn't look like a cardboard cut out either.
If you were going to create a ghost hoax, wouldn't you make it look a little more "other worldly"? It all seems very odd to me.

I was thinking about that too.
Perhaps in a future dvd release they might discuss about it.
I havent seen the shotgun though pointing at the boy's head.

About the shotgun, I've not seen that either, maybe an over active imagination at work there. I read somewhere ages ago that there's meant to be a grinning face in the mirror in the scene where Ted Danson stuffs the pillow up his jumper too, but I can't see it.

Is that something you've just heard about, or something you've seen? If you've seen it, which scene was it exactly, so I can go and look?

Thanks Harl! Looking at the Snopes site has convinced me that, whatever the 'ghost' figure is, it definitely is not the 'standee' of Ted Danson! Look at the shape of the head, it isn't wearing a top hat, and the neckline is different too.

Carole

Thankyou, Carole. I was beginning to believe I was seeing something different from everyone else! All these sites say it's a pic of Ted Danson, and I'm sorry, but it looks nothing like him at all! Not even remotely! How can they say that when the pic is there as proof? :rolleyes:

Now we have to decide just who or what that figure actually was!:)

Carole

Imanage analysis coming right up... I'll see what I can get out of the images and the post the results...

8¬) (wearing his forensics hat)

Thanks, Harl, there's a pint waiting for you in the Cocktail Bar and a bacon butty and cuppa in the Tea Rooms!

Carole

Spookey Angel I have also wondered this to!
Ahhh the 'old three men and a dissembodied spirit' urban legend it is very interesting though isn't it? I look at it in the way that it could all just be a big marketing ploy by the film company MGM or whoever distributed it. Though i doubt that in some ways, untill you can seperate the facts from the fabeles, I doubt that any light would really surface on it and it would just continue to add my made up myths surounding it. Maybe this should be an X file episode? :D
some light needs to shine on it though.

Upload problems

Well, done the image mapping an analysis, nothing deep, since the images were pretty straight forward, and just needed some vectoring, gamma correction, a blur filter applying and mapping to actually get out of them what was there. Just need the board to be fixed so I can upload them!

8¬)

Back