• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Can be Turned Back !!

A

Anonymous

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/379/12190_experiment.html

Time Can be Turned Back
03/01/2004 15:37
Time has been one of the most complicated and less studied scientific issues since ancient times
Eight years ago, American and British scientists who conducted investigations in Antarctica made a sensational discovery. US physicist Mariann McLein told the researchers noticed some spinning gray fog in the sky over the pole on January 27 which they believed to be just ordinary sandstorm. However, the gray fog did not change the form and did not move in the course of time. The researchers decided to investigate the phenomenon and launched a weather balloon with equipment capable to register the wind speed, the temperature and the air moisture. But the weather balloon soared upwards and immediately disappeared.

In a little while, the researchers brought the weather balloon back to the ground with the help of a rope attached to it before. They were extremely surprised to see that a chronometer set in the weather balloon displayed the date of January 27, 1965, the same day 30 years ago. The experiment was repeated several times after the researchers found out the equipment was in good repair. But each time the watch was back it displayed the past time. The phenomenon was called "the time gate" and was reported to the White House.

Today investigation of the unusual phenomenon is underway. It is supposed that the whirl crater above the South Pole is a tunnel allowing to penetrate into other times. What is more, programs on launching people to other times have been started. The CIA and the FBI are fighting for gaining control over the project that may change the course of history. It is not clear when the US federal authorities will approve the experiment.

Famous Russian scientist Nikolay Kozyrev conducted an experiment to prove that moving from the future to the past was possible. He substantiated his views with the hypotheses on instant information spreading through physical characteristics of time. Nikolay Kozyrev even supposed that "time could execute the work and produce energy." An American physics theorist has arrived at a conclusion that time is what existed before existence of the world.

It is known that each of us feels a different course of time under different conditions. Once lightning hit a mountain-climber; later the man told he saw the lightning got into his arm, slowly moved along it, separated the skin from the tissues and carbonized his cells. He felt as if there were quills of thousands hedgehogs under his skin.

Russian investigator of anomalous phenomena, philosopher and author of numerous books Gennady Belimov published his article under the headline "Time Machine: First Speed On" in the newspaper On the Verge of Impossible. He described unique experiments conducted by a group of enthusiasts led by Vadim Chernobrov, the man who began creation of time machines, devices with electromagnetic pumping in 1987. Today the group of enthusiasts can slow down>Latest News
Russia started producing more movies for children
Dinosaurs originated from Antarctica?
Hermitage Museum opens its branch in Netherlands
Traces of aliens on the Earth
NASA makes public the documents on UFO: truth about tragedy in Keksburg

or speed up the course of time using special impact of the magnetic field. The biggest slowing down of time made up 1.5 seconds within an hour of the equipment's operation in labs.

In August 2001, a new model of the time machine meant for a human was set in a remote forest in Russia's Volgograd Region. When the machine even operated on car batteries and had low capacity, it still managed to change the time by three per cent; the change was registered with symmetrical crystal oscillators.

At first, the researchers spent five, ten and twenty minutes in the operating machine; the longest stay lasted for half an hour. Vadim Chernobrov said that the people felt as if they moved to a different world; they felt life here and "there" at the same time as if some space was unfolding. "I cannot define the unusual feelings that we experienced at such moments."

Neither TV nor radio companies reported the astonishing fact; Gennady Belimov says the Russian president was not informed of the experiment. However, he tells that already under Stalin there was a Research Institute of the Parallel World. Results of experiments conducted by Academicians Kurchatov and Ioffe can be now found in the archives. In 1952, head of the Soviet secret police organization Lavrenty Beria initiated a case against researchers participating in the experiments, as a result of which 18 professors were executed by shooting and 59 candidates and doctors of physical sciences were sent to camps. The Institute recommenced its activity under Khruschev. But an experimental stand with eight leading researchers disappeared in 1961, and buildings close to the one where experiments were conducted were ruined. After that, the Communist Party political bureau and the Council of Ministers decided to suspend researchers of the Institute for an uncertain period.

The program was resumed in 1987 when the Institute already functioned on the territory of the Soviet Union. A tragedy occurred on August 30, 1989: an extremely strong explosion sounded at the Institute's branch office on the Anjou islands. The explosion destroyed not only the experimental module of 780 tons but also the archipelago itself that covered the area of 2 square kilometers. According to one of the versions of the tragedy, the module with three experimenters collided with a large object, probably an asteroid, in the parallel world or heading toward the parallel world. Having lost its propulsion system, the module probably remained in the parallel world.

The last record made in the framework of the experiment and kept at the Institute archives says: "We are dying but keep on conducting the experiment. It is very dark here; we see all objects become double, our hands and legs are transparent, we can see veins and bones through the skin. The oxygen supply will be enough for 43 hours, the life support system is seriously damaged. Our best regards to the families and friends!" Then the transmission suddenly stopped.

(Olga Zharina)

Well, what on earth do we all make of this?

It's Pravda, the Soviet Sunday Sport. Like the Sport stories of the 90's, they make up at least one outlandish story a month to gain readers. Although it's slightly more technical than the average Sport reader would be happy with :rolleyes:

A search yields just 3 results, all with the same text. So Pravda would be the source of this info.

Now what?

FuManChu said:
how many correspondences to the "Philadelphia Experiment" can you spot?

Hehe, that thought went through my head too...

Heck, I'd sooo love this to be true, imagine what it would say about the structure of reality....

but alas, the crap child-like translation just seems to support the crap child-like story.

Please, please prove me wrong someone. :sceptic:

Originally posted by Quicksilver

In August 2001, a new model of the time machine meant for a human was set in a remote forest in Russia's Volgograd Region. When the machine even operated on car batteries and had low capacity, it still managed to change the time by three per cent; the change was registered with symmetrical crystal oscillators.

At first, the researchers spent five, ten and twenty minutes in the operating machine; the longest stay lasted for half an hour. Vadim Chernobrov said that the people felt as if they moved to a different world; they felt life here and "there" at the same time as if some space was unfolding. "I cannot define the unusual feelings that we experienced at such moments."

The program was resumed in 1987 when the Institute already functioned on the territory of the Soviet Union. A tragedy occurred on August 30, 1989: an extremely strong explosion sounded at the Institute's branch office on the Anjou islands. The explosion destroyed not only the experimental module of 780 tons but also the archipelago itself that covered the area of 2 square kilometers. According to one of the versions of the tragedy, the module with three experimenters collided with a large object, probably an asteroid, in the parallel world or heading toward the parallel world. Having lost its propulsion system, the module probably remained in the parallel world.

It probably flipped back in time to 30 June 1908 and either was destroyed by or triggered the Tunguska event. ;)

This thing does read like a Russian reworking of the 'Philadelphia Experiment' legend..

However, I've an idea that there's a couple of other SF time travel stories in there, but the titles are escaping me at the moment.

You mean it's not true, then? :rolleyes:

Carole

*Cue Cher in a low cut celophane wrapper singing shrill-ly*

I am sure they have stolen some of the storyline from the Philidelphia Experiment and added a good chunk of the background from the PC Game HalfLife.

In otherwords: Unoriginal cobblers.

I have never read as much meaningless, un-grammatical bollocks in my entire life!!! Ho hoho hooooo!!!!
Please continue to paraphrase such crap as it only proves to fuel shit from teen Yank airheaded "Let's use the Russians as they are hard to nail" personages of the conspiracy factories.

It wasn't even in the least, entertaining or original.

Now.....Flying teapots and pot head pixies in teapot taxies.....!!!!:D (FROM THE PLANET GONG)! Then you have something!

Si thi ;)

Can anyone say if this "pravda.ru" is at all connected to the old Pravda that we knew from the "bad old days"?

Sorry Fortis - I prefer to call them the 'good old days'.

Knew where you were with the balance of power thing - good versus bad and all that. Now we just don't know who the baddies are anymore (why can't they just wear black hats?).

Look at all the efforts we're having to go to to invent the baddies! Phew - that must be costing a fortune.

A facetious piece of fiction, and quite amusing.
Of course if this were true it would have been on the front of every science journal for years.
Inspired by H.G.Wells perhaps.;)

lordshiva said:
Now we just don't know who the baddies are anymore (why can't they just wear black hats?).

Or have posh/cockney accents........

This is all rather silly. I myself lay claim to having discovered that time can actually slow right down to an infinitesimally slow crawl.

All you have to do is live in Watford for a year...

"time can actually slow right down to an infinitesimally slow crawl.

All you have to do is live in Watford for a year..."

But by my watch you were only there for fifteen minutes...

<cue X-files theme music>

Test could lead to time travel

A physics professor will try to turn back time in an experiment at the Miami Museum of Science.

BY RAFAEL SANGIOVANNI

Herald Writer

It's back to the future all over again -- at least, that's what Carlos Dolz has in mind.

The Florida International University physics professor plans to take time to task at 10 a.m. Wednesday, when he presents an experiment that involves using acceleration to speed up a digital clock by four seconds.

Dolz's experiment -- which takes six hours to finish -- will become part of Playing With Time, the current exhibit at the Miami Museum of Science.

Dolz, who has been a lecturing theoretical physicist for nine years, really doesn't know where his experiment could lead.

''The point of this is to question how things really work,'' he said. ``This goes beyond common understanding.''

The aptly titled ''Time Shift Experiment'' combines some of the most complicated physics concepts with simple machines and -- Dolz said -- may prove that time travel is possible.

Time shifts are not uncommon, the professor said. There have been experiments in the past that compared atomic clocks on fast-flying planes to those on the ground. The clocks on board the planes showed a slight shift forward, Dolz said.

He said he became even more fascinated by time when he was studying gravity -- he found that he could not truly understand one without the other.

He began fiddling with time shifts in his experiments and was approached by Museum of Science officials in late 2003.

They had decided to host the time exhibit to pique public interest in the abstract concept of time.

''[Time] is a hands-on phenomenon,'' said Sean Duran, director of exhibits at the Museum of Science. 'This exhibit helps [people] to get some of those `big-picture' questions that were posed by the big guys like Einstein.''

They wanted Dolz to come aboard with his presentation.

But unlike the other time experiments on display, which are already proven and made for learning, Dolz's is an authentic first-time experiment made for both learning and discovery.

He hopes to stir up the public's preconceptions about time, gravity and acceleration.

''A big problem for science is common sense. It works for most everything in people's lives, but not in physics,'' he said. ``It's limited to point of view and perspective, [so] it's really not enough.''

The experiment involves putting a digital clock under immense force by spinning it on a centrifuge.

The basic idea behind the experiment is to speed up the frequency of the pulses, or ticks, produced by the clock with force to push it ahead.

Dolz said it takes about six hours to move the clock ahead four seconds.

While past experiments were expensive and produced minimal results, Dolz said he is taking an economical approach and shooting for a range of results.

''He can use very simple tools to come to some of the same grand conclusions,'' said Duran, adding that Dolz's experiment could prove Einstein's theory that time is only relative.

Dolz's four-second time shift, when compared to the plane experiments, is considered a huge change -- so much so that scientists from various universities will be monitoring the experiment to certify the results.

Dolz said he is looking forward to sharing his discovery, claiming contending that understanding time helps people in everything they do.

But in the science world, Dolz has no idea what kind of impact his experiment could have -- much like the great scientists of the past.

''Did [Benjamin] Franklin know that his fiddling around would take us where we are today?'' he asks. ``We may be seeing the beginnings of time travel, but I have no idea. I'm like Franklin, Columbus and [Michael] Faraday: we [just] do what we are capable of doing.''

Original story

Maybe a little more reliable than Pravda

This nerk has got it backwards- the clock which is subject to acceleration slows down compared to the stationary one... and both clocks are going forward, so there is no possibility of causality reversal or anything interesting.

Complete waste of time and energy.

Yeah, was just going to say, I for one would be very surprised if the clock speeded up.

Can't quite see the point of this experiment, to be honest. The faster something goes the slower it ages. Move something very fast and it ages much slower. If this is known, then the point of doing this is...?

It reminds me of a design for a time machine I did in the back of my maths book when I was about 12. It was like a giant spinning top, with blades about 2 million miles long (or whatever). I thought it would be ease to accelerate the ends of the blades to light speed because you'd only have to get the axis turning a few hundred revs per second. It didn't occur to me that it would have to be made of some damn strong material as the ends of blades would eventually weigh an infinite amount...

But back to this experiement. How would they prove the slow-down is due to the relativity effect and not the fact the clock's whirling around like a bastard?

I concur. The clock will slow down. 4 seconds is a HUGE amount of time. The parts of the clock should not be affected by the “whirling around” as most of the clock components that actually measure the time should be quantum affected, (Oscillations of the Cs atoms, the movements of electrons down wires etc.) although it does not specify the type of clock in the article beyond it is “digital”. Well, I’m glad they’re not putting my father watch in the centrifuge :)

I always think of gravity/mass and time as being pretty much one and the same. The rate of change of time being inversely proportional to the steepness of the gravitational well, which is in turn dependant on the mass of the object.

This means that as you approach the singularity in a black hole time stops as the steepness of the well tends to infinity. But this also means that every piece of matter that has fallen into the black hole now occupies the same piece of space time, by virtue of their being no time. How can two things with mass occupy the same piece of space-time?.... answers on a Ph.D. thesis.

The experiment is valid though if only as a way to bring some cutting edge (past 90 years) physics to the masses. I once heard someone at a party proudly announce that “they understood nothing of science and that they couldn’t add up never mind do something as complex as Calculus.” This was a degree educated individual who considered themselves to be an intellectual who would happily discuss 19th century Russian literature. How has this happened that so called intellectuals boast about science ignorance?

I personally was wondering how you'd find sandstorms in Antarctica. Time warp stuff, I guess.

Back