• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Travelling "Mentalist" :Project Chronos

KeyserXSoze

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=12&screen=news&news_id=26952
It sounds like an episode of The Twilight Zone or X-Files, but Griswold also claims that he has been recruited by a classified government agency, National Intelligence Science Agency (NISA), to participate in an experiment in time travel known as Project: Chronos.

Griswold said he “will attempt to use only the power of the mind to travel both backward and forward through time Monday night with experts from NISA watching.

“Although what I do is very entertaining, we hope to achieve very real outcomes with Project: Chronos,” Griswold said. “We hope to provide concrete proof of the possibility of mental time travel.”

Although there’s not “concrete proof” that NISA even exists, Griswold claimed Dr. Henry Proctor of the elusive agency told him, “We don’t exist — publicly.”

Griswold said he will conduct three experiments tonight. The first experiment will be to pull a test subject from the audience and send her five minutes into the past and return with tangible evidence. If the first is successful, he plans to send the same subject 100 years into the past and return with physical evidence. The last will be to send himself three days into the future, where he plans to return with a front page of a newspaper dated appropriately.

“I don’t know if I can do it, but they’ve asked me to try, so I’m going to,” he said. “Do I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone? Yes, I do.”

Does anyone know anymore about this special project?

Wellm it all sounds a bit daft to me. I mean, I myself can travel forwards and backwards in time if I think about it. I can remember what I did last week, for example, and can predict what I will be doing, say, on Wednesday night ;)

Well first of all. I guess it's a bit of a contradiction to say, when speaking of time travel, that you're going to do it on Monday evening. :confused:
But seriously, this does sound complete pants. If you physically travelled in time, your body would disappear from the room - blink and you're gone. So how are you gonna come back? How would you set the co-ordinates and measure the amount of energy needed?
I suspect that this is a mix-up between physical time travel and mental time travel. The latter is not too difficult - I can do it, and so can you. If you recall a particularly interesting experience in the past, you can "go back" to that time and re-experience it with the same perceptics you had the first time, providing your mind is in reasonable condition. However, you certainly could not obtain any physical evidence of having been back there.
Is it too late for the lottery tonight? If not I'll project myself forward and be a multi-millionaire by 9 p.m.

Bill Robinson

Back