• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

Thanks, that is too kind. Eye and other health problems forced me out of a conventional academic career, and although I was able to make a kind of living from a couple of part time jobs, I suppose I still had the urge to do research of some kind! And it all came together when I looked into the Rougham mystery, information of all kinds just fell into my lap when I needed it. Plus I've had a lot of my own bizarre experiences, so I can see things from both sides as it were.
I’m sorry to hear about your health problems.
I’m half way through reading your Rougham mystery write-up, another excellently researched piece. I can’t believe I’ve never come across the case before.
I'm trying to get him to share more of his many experiences on here!
That would be good

OK, you asked for it! This is still ongoing, but it's already complicated and weird enough!

https://www.academia.edu/89205107/The_Glitch_at_the_Grassy_Bank
Hi Carl!
I used to correspond with you years ago regarding your time slip research. So happy to see you still contributing!
Loved reading about the Rougham mystery.
I made it to England a few years ago but did not have the time or experience to schlep my way to that area for a look.
Maybe some other time.

Just read the PDF - wonderful stuff, so sorry to hear about the loss of your older dog.

But reading it, and your apparent surprise that someone else had the same mixed breed dog as yours reminded me of the time I was out with my odd mixed-breed terrier, Tiggy. She was a Border Terrier/Jack Russell cross (we used to call her a Brussell...). We met someone with a similar looking dog (rough coated, black and tan, scruffy) and discovered that their dog was ALSO a Brussell. Subsquent questioning turned up the fact that the two dogs were from the same litter.

After all, if there is one dog of that mix, then there are, presumably, the rest of the litter, and possibly past litters, if the dog and bitch are owned by the same (slightly lackadaisical about speying) people. Any chance your Poppy was related to the other dog you met, @Carl Grove?

Obviously I can't rule out that possibility, although given the huge disparity in their size and appearance it seems unlikely. A lot more is still going on in Marham and nothing would surprise me any more!

Hi Carl!
I used to correspond with you years ago regarding your time slip research. So happy to see you still contributing!
Loved reading about the Rougham mystery.
I made it to England a few years ago but did not have the time or experience to schlep my way to that area for a look.
Maybe some other time.
I have probably neglected quite a few of my correspondents in recent years, please email me and let me know who I should apologise to!

Obviously I can't rule out that possibility, although given the huge disparity in their size and appearance it seems unlikely. A lot more is still going on in Marham and nothing would surprise me any more!
Genetics can result in disparity in size between dogs in the sme litter though. Given that they were the same breed.. litter mates aren't identical twins.

I've just read this entire thread, and here's my take for what it's worth.

I have to say I don't find No. 9's story particularly persuasive or convincing - and her subsequent conduct toward Carl doesn't help inspire confidence.

I'm sure No.9 is convinced what happened to her that day was strange, but I'm not sure how much of the strangeness is actual or confabulated over the years.

It's a story that could easily become mundane if we view it with a slightly different lens.

I've just read this entire thread, and here's my take for what it's worth.

I have to say I don't find No. 9's story particularly persuasive or convincing - and her subsequent conduct toward Carl doesn't help inspire confidence.

I'm sure No.9 is convinced what happened to her that day was strange, but I'm not sure how much of the strangeness is actual or confabulated over the years.

It's a story that could easily become mundane if we view it with a slightly different lens.
Obviously there are going to be people who take that view, but having been in extensive contact with the witness for many years, I have to say that her basic story has remained 100% consistent over that period. The problems we had (I think it fair to say) arose through her changing interpretations of what happened that day. But the details have remained unchanged.

Back