• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

TV Documentary About Near Death Experiences?

A

Anonymous

I watched a TV documentary a few years ago examining NDEs. The usual stuff was served up but there was one instance of a lady undergoing a NDE that was startling.
This is from memory so forgive me if I have fuddled the facts (this is why I need help, I would like to examine the details again). The case concerned a woman who at the time of her NDE was wired up to an machine monitoring brain wave patterns. When her heart stopped the machine also registered her as brain dead. The medical staff were able to revive the woman and she made a full recovery. She told the doctors that during her body shut down she had been able to view the goings in other parts of the hospital; these were checked out later and proved to be accurate. The doctor discussing the case was baffled as he had seen for himself that all brain activity had stopped.

So, my question is: does anyone out there remember the programme and if so has this case been written up in any books? Or maybe someone has a better recall and can tidy up the story.

Interesting! Which country was the documentary filmed? If it was the UK, can you remember which channel it was on & what year you saw it? (Might not be the year it was filmed, but it's a start)

Thx.

Thanks

Thanks for that giantrobot1, this is exactly what I was after.

Back