Type-X Robotic Combat Vehicle: A Remote Control Tank

MrRING

Android Futureman
I hear they are also working on an application called Skynet! :)
The leading European robotics and autonomous systems developer Milrem Robotics and Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace (KONGSBERG), the leading technology and defence supplier successfully performed the first live firing of the PROTECTOR Remote Turret from the Type-X Robotic Combat Vehicle (RCV). The first firing on the second week of June was carried out with KONGSBERG’s PROTECTOR RT40 which includes the Bushmaster 30 mm cannon and a linkless ammunition handling system.

Timble2

Imaginary Person
I hear they are also working on an application called Skynet! :)

All they're doing is providing an easier target for UAVs, and if they set them off without infantry support providing a really easy target for a few blokes with modern handheld antitank weapons.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
All they're doing is providing an easier target for UAVs, and if they set them off without infantry support providing a really easy target for a few blokes with modern handheld antitank weapons.

Better that the ATGM targets don’t contain humans.

ln Ukraine, I’d rather be driving a Russian tank using an Xbox controller from five miles away right now…

:chuckle:

maximus otter

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Yep. I'm thinking that tanks have had their day - they're not much use when they can be destroyed so easily.