• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

U.S. Ghost Series

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
I admit defeat on this one. I remember watching an anthology series on the supernatural sometime in the late 1970s/early 80s. I think it was an American series (in colour and on film), and each episode explored a facet of the unexplained (like "In search of...") but it was mainly focussed on ghosts. I can't recall the title - can anyone help?

Last edited:
I think it was "the next step beyond"! Many thanks! I thought it had different music, but my mind is obviously playing tricks!

BTW, there was an old black/white 1950's TV series called 'One Step Beyond', and in the 70's it was revamped in colour and called 'New One Step Beyond'

BTW, there was an old black/white 1950's TV series called 'One Step Beyond', and in the 70's it was revamped in colour and called 'New One Step Beyond'

Thanks - it might have been this one. I wonder if there are any episodes available - a look on YouTube doesn't show anything.

Sorry I got the name wrong, I should have said the new 1970's series was called "The Next Step Beyond".
there's at least one episode on youtube such as this one-

Just to resurrect this thread: the show I remembered isn't one of these. It had the most awful theme tune which made it memorable. I think my mind must have confused TV shows...

After seeing a thread on facebook, I can now confirm that it was "Worlds Beyond."

Back