• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UAV or UFO?

Rynner was having a go at me, not you, 'cos I doubted the witnesses' statements.

...there has been significant review of these images by people who have a good deal more experience with digital imaging software than either of us. Their consensus is that these aren't even very good fakes.

Links please!

Fantastic. I stand corrected. It could be CGI!

Nice one Timbs!

Wow. As above, I stand corrected. The mystery deepens...

I read somewhere that the "language" on the underneath of the arms resembles writing used on old transformers toys. With the new film coming up, as someone suggested earlier, could this be the work of viral marketing?

Well, there's also a remake (?) of 'V' about to land. A mini series based around the original alien invasion series from decades ago - and, I guess, updated with loads of CGI. And featuring most of the original (sic) cast.

Can't find a link - typing 'v' into google gives a plethra of results!

EDIT - Got ya! You bugger!

Frobush said:
We live in difficult times.

When it is so easy to produce images of almost anything that we can imagine, it is (perhaps) too easy to suppose that any strange images are the result of CGI or photoshop.

But then we run the risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater..... :?

rynner said:
When it is so easy to produce images of almost anything that we can imagine, it is (perhaps) too easy to suppose that any strange images are the result of CGI or photoshop.

But then we run the risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater..... :?

Indeed, On you tube there are a series of very interesting, but very staged cgi minipulated UFO sightings list as 'Real ufos pt.1 u be the judge' to 'Real ufos pt.5 u be the judge'. They are very effective, especially 'pt.2'.

It makes it difficult all right, and having some hand in 3D work myslef, realism is so easily acheived.... well a little work, but acheivable with knowledge, acheived easlily enough.

It makes every Video or phot we now see impossible to really take seriously! And now the better the recorded sighting, the more unbelievable it will be! And there in lies the Irony!

Hats off too this Livingsphere person, but this is class CGI work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzJ8dwihPoQ&NR=1

And this is simply incredible,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4gYTOz-LD4&NR=1

But damn him to hell all the same! But there it is, How well a hoax can be created with the right software. Imaging sightings were really that good!

Infact now that I look at it again! Livingsphere is responsible for that Italian UFO sighting video too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sibbelkk_gs&NR=1

Ah! Well! Sometimes I hate the truth.

Well that must be that then! Sorry guys! Didn't mean to bring a halt to the discussion! I mean, you never know, it could really be real!? :p

Anyone know of any further developments?!?

The trouble with modern ufology (or at least this case in particular), or maybe the thing that makes it interesting, is that it seems to force us to sit clearly on one side of the fence or the other. Firstly, we can take the various witness statements as the truth, in which case we are dealing with a "nuts and bolts" craft (or crafts) of unknown origin, which is flying around the coutryside, quite happy to be photographed. The second choice is to be sceptical about the absolute truth of the reports, in which case, as has been demonstrated, we're likely as not dealing with a very clever bit of CGI.

Having said that there is no possibility of sitting on the fence, I think that's just what I'll do, though. Just because something can be recreated in CGI does not mean that any sighting is fake. And just because an object is, for once, able to be photographed clearly and in detail, that does not mean that the sighting is a set-up.

I reckon I'll just fall back on the one certain truth of this story: whatever it is, it's a fantastically original piece of design!

Waylander28 said:
Anyone know of any further developments?!?

Earthfiles on 30th May has a testimonial from an anonymous engineer who claims he saw similar objects, grounded at an airshow at an American Air Force base around 1987.

It also has an historical sighting of a similar object from May 2006...Which looks very dubious!

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1 ... nvironment

586FAC75 said:
Waylander28 said:
Earthfiles on 30th May has a testimonial from an anonymous engineer who claims he saw similar objects, grounded at an airshow at an American Air Force base around 1987.

It also has an historical sighting of a similar object from May 2006...Which looks very dubious!

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1 ... nvironment

That one looks as if it's under the powerlines rather than over.

Maybe this should also go into the "conspiracy" corner. What if our capability of creating such good CGI actually helps the government to stop us from believing in these things?
As discussed before, we are inclined nowadays to dismiss any good [or bad] images of UFOs as fake. That means if there were any real pictures out there, chances are that they would not be taken seriously. How convenient, especially if the"aliens" or maybe military technology becomes a little more "in your face". Its perfect.

Too perfect... I'll get my tinfoil hat... :?

Dingo667 said:
As discussed before, we are inclined nowadays to dismiss any good [or bad] images of UFOs as fake.

I do know what you mean, someone photographs a blury light or static glow and it's deemed a genuine sighting. When some takes photographs of an object which is a bit too clear for our liking, it rallies cries of "FAKE!", eg. David Spoor's video, Chad's images...Although, I'm not 100% on either I have noticed the battlecries of "FAKE" more than often these days.

I always find that if an image is too blurry, people wonder why the photographer couldn't get it sharper, if its too sharp, then it MUST be a fake. Nowadays images or clips just don't convince us anymore. What's next. Someone is dragging a real life alien into some hospital, the only people that come into contact with it are some nurses and a couple of doctors. But how many really come into evidental [gr?] contact? That'll only be the coroner really and a couple of whitnesses. Apart from that it can be filmed.
With the above in mind, the film will be definetly marked as a hoax [mainly because it will be "too good" to be true, then we have at most 10-20 witnesses, which we all know are never believed anyway], so the only thing left is government involvement [i.e Gordon Brown saying "Yes this is an alien", plus all circumstantial evidence. Would that convince us? Would he do it? Is there any point to let us know?

Some of you detective fiction readers may know "The cat who..." series, by Lilian Jackson Braun.

(Bear with me on this!)

Recently I found a book of hers which is a collection of short stories about cats: "The cat who had 14 Tales". Some of these are sentimental cat stories, some are mysteries, and some are much darker..

The one that intrigued me is called "A Cat Too Small for his Whiskers". Now this is, basically, a story about a small UFO (I won't give away any more than that). The story is not dated, unlike others in the collection (mostly from the 60s), so I can only assume it is pre-1988, the date of the anthology.

Now, doesn't a small UFO (drone?), with big whiskers, describe the subject of this thread rather well?

Spooky, or what?! :shock:

EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Who-Had-14-Ta ... 0613063759

rynner said:
(Bear with me on this!)

Standing here in my Pooh outfit....

rynner said:
(I won't give away any more than that)

....wanting you to do so.

The Aurebesh...production sketches from Star Wars films look very similiar, this thing just strikes me as some sort of man made design. It just looks like a human mind came up with the design. (Not that I'd know what an alien mind would come up with. But this thing is just too exact in it's weirdness).

Why would an alien race feel the need to place text on the bottom of their starship? Wouldn't they just thought transfer "we're here"?

How many people have seen this thing now? How many reputable news services have mentioned it? If any?

It's another "Toronto Ghost Girl"

(And I hereby define that term....

"Toronto Ghost Girl" - DEFINITION - Fortean discussion centred around marketing viral!

mooks (turning to channel 5) out

Moooksta said:
How many people have seen this thing now? How many reputable news services have mentioned it? If any?

It's another "Toronto Ghost Girl"

Aye indeed! Something is coming, and it ain't aliens. I can feel it in me waters! ;)

Would it be like that very excellant, twin towers UFO video, used to promote the Sci-Fi channel, gladly they didn't leave poeple in the dark too long with that one. But amazingly people are still looking upon it as genuine o possibly genuine!?!? I mean did they miss the whole concept? Especially in Japan, where I guess it has not yet been made clear.

That being this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcHHl_m8 ... ed&search=

"Isaac" talks about the CARET project

Someone using the alias "Isaac" has posted some scans of documents and details of their alleged involvement in a project called CARET (Commercial Applications Research for Extra-terrestrial Technology).

The crux of it is they (apparently) had dealings with parts of devices similar to those shown, but more particularly worked with the symbolic language seen on them.

The "language" is allegedly a self executing code or program, and the solid material of the devices acts as a "holographic computational substrate". The devices, they say, are usually invisible, but the cloaking can be briefly knocked offline - hence sightings.

The question as to whether these are therefore the man-made results of the continuation of this project or are extant extra-terrestrial examples is left open. Of course, this may be a hoax, simple misspellings and an alias all in the first paragraph didn't inspire confidence.

Anyway, have a look here.

The sticky out bits on this thingy from "Isaac's" site look an lot like earpieces from a Walkman or MP3 player or similar.

IMO this is part of an ad campaign for a film, game, or book. The CARET program references seem either to lead back to the original post, or refer to different types of CARET programs altogether.

Re: "Isaac" talks about the CARET project

BouncingAyatolla said:
Someone using the alias "Isaac" has posted some scans of documents and details of their alleged involvement in a project called CARET (Commercial Applications Research for Extra-terrestrial Technology).
Anyway, have a look here.
Very interesting. (The link worked for me.)

I'm currently downloading copies of this stuff for further study (the FortuneCity webhosting does not make for easy browsing!)

First thoughts: If this is a hoax, it is well done. The linked documents have an authentic look and style, and in particular the Linguistic Analysis Primer diagrams are very clever. They seem meaningful, even if the meanings are not clear (even to those who allegedly studied them in depth)...

The diagrams are works of art in themselves, and some of the patterns are reminiscent of some crop circle markings. (Well, someone had to say it! 8) )
Just as I really liked the design of the objects in the photos, I also like the design of these diagrams.

Let's hope "Isaac" is suitably encouraged by responses here and elsewhere to reveal more.
(I suspect that as he gets even older, he will become less fearful of disclosure, and any repercussions from the US government.)

CGI stuff posted elsewhere (oh, and 9 out of 10 - got the 1st one wrong)...

Link

I've been thinking about "Isaac" - why would he choose a crappy place like FortuneCity to host a website? Surely he could afford something better?

Then I thought, perhaps it's the anonymity that attracts him there?
Does anyone have any experience of this domain? What's needed to register? (And will you gets loads of spam afterwards?)

rynner said:
I've been thinking about "Isaac" - why would he choose a crappy place like FortuneCity to host a website? Surely he could afford something better?

Oh, I don't know - he's all over Coast To Coast and here! Seems like it lends an air of authenticity to it all!

And I agree with Timble - this is a viral. And a really good one!

In fairness, does this not look like one of the supposed actual photos that circulated with the original first sighting photos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJiCxWUlgcY&NR=1

I think we have all been apart of making an impressive portfolio, for a 3D artists bid to get into a high paying film special effects position in Hollywood.

Done and dusted me thinks...

Waylander28 said:
I think we have all been apart of making an impressive portfolio, for a 3D artists bid to get into a high paying film special effects position in Hollywood.

Not so sure. I think the guy on YouTube used those photos as a reference and placed his models in similar locations. Sure he wants an FX job (if he hasn't got one already) but I don't think he's responsable for the original images.

Back