• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO alert: police officer sees aliens at crop circle

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
A police officer contacted British UFO experts after seeing three aliens examining a freshly made crop circle near Avebury, Wiltshire.

The sergeant, who has not been named, was off-duty when he saw the figures standing in a field near Silbury Hill, and stopped his car to investigate.

However, as he approached the 'men' – all over 6ft tall with blond hair – he heard "the sound of static electricity" and the trio ran away ''faster than any man he had ever seen''.

The officer returned to his home in Marlborough, Wiltshire, and contacted paranormal experts and told them he had spotted a UFO.

Wiltshire Police has refused to comment on the incident, saying it is a ''personal matter'' for the officer involved.

Crop circle researcher Andrew Russell, who is investigating the bizarre sighting on behalf of the officer, described the moment his sighting was made.

He said: ''At first he thought they were forensic officers as they were dressed in white coveralls. He stopped his car and approached the field.

''The figures were all over 6ft and had blond hair. They seemed to be inspecting the crop. When he got to the edge of the field he heard what he believed to be a sound not dissimilar to static electricity.

''This crackling noise seemed to be running through the field and the crop was moving gently, close to where the noise was.

''He shouted to the figures who, at first, ignored him, not glancing at him. When he tried to enter the field they looked up and began running.

''He said; 'They ran faster than any man I have ever seen. I'm no slouch but they were moving so fast. I looked away for a second and when I looked back they were gone.

''I then got scared. The noise was still around but I got an uneasy feeling and headed for the car. For the rest of the day I had a pounding headache I couldn't shift.''

The bizarre incident occurred on the morning of July 6 this year as the police officer was driving.

The officer claims the three figures were examining a crop circle, which had appeared several days earlier, when he stopped his car and began walking towards them.

However, the mysterious beings disappeared when he ''looked away for a second'' and he contacted UFO experts after witnessing other paranormal activity.

A spokesman for Wiltshire Police said: ''The police officer was apparently off duty when this happened so we have no comment to make because it is a personal not a police matter.''

Crop circle expert Colin Andrews, who investigated the incident alongside Andrew Russell, said he is ''convinced'' by the police officer's story.

He said: ''I am quite convinced the officer had an experience that day and one that we have not fully explored.

''I think with the unusual movement of the being and the poltergeist experiences there is too much additional information to say that is something in nothing.''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/6394256/UFO-alert-police-officer-sees-aliens-at-crop-circle.html

maximus otter

Re: Police Officer sees Aliens in Field nr Silbury

linesmachine said:
Couldn't find a thread about this, if there is one could a mod glue them together?

Appears to have happened in July of this year, I like the idea of blonde, lab coated aliens sprinting around crop circles!

Poltergeist experiences, too? The article didn't go on to explain that one! :shock:

maximus_otter said:
A police officer contacted British UFO experts after seeing three aliens examining a freshly made crop circle near Avebury, Wiltshire.

Oh, dear, now we have two threads about this incident.

It could go in a third one too. Possibly about mental health in the public sector! Why would he contact paranormal people and "UFOlogists"? He must be into that stuff to begin with, well, they're only human aren't they! Maybe some Nazi siblings were messing with radios and quad bikes, and the off duty officer's head was f*@*d. I laughed at this bit...
Crop circle expert Colin Andrews, who investigated the incident alongside Andrew Russell, said he is ''convinced'' by the police officer's story.

He said: ''I am quite convinced the officer had an experience that day and one that we have not fully explored.

''I think with the unusual movement of the being and the poltergeist experiences there is too much additional information to say that is something in nothing.''
Convinced eh? Crop circle expert eh? Haha! :roll:

Coaly, if a sighting was reported to the police wouldn't they normally suggest contacting a UFO investigation group in most circumstances - including one of their own colleagues? What's so strange or comic about that?

Apart from slagging off the Police, other workers in the Public Sector, crop circle reseachers, UFO researchers and "paranormal people" (which could include a lot of people who are members of this website)

have you any constructive comments?

I wasn't slagging off the police and other public sector workers at all. I was just giving my opinion on the report. It's ridiculous, it's tabloid and it's probably not entirely true *the report* anyway. I was, however questioning the validity of "UFOlogists" and "Crop Circle experts" They're as valid as mediums. Again, my opinion, there's no need to sling accusations about.

coaly said:
He must be into that stuff to begin with, well, they're only human aren't they!Maybe some Nazi siblings were messing with radios and quad bikes

That reads as his (the Policeman's) siblings are Nazis. If it wasn't your intention to equate the Police and Fascism you should be a little clearer in your posting.

AMPHIARAUS said:
coaly said:
He must be into that stuff to begin with, well, they're only human aren't they!Maybe some Nazi siblings were messing with radios and quad bikes

That reads as his (the Policeman's) siblings are Nazis. If it wasn't your intention to equate the Police and Fascism you should be a little clearer in your posting.

Only if you read it out of context. It's pretty obvious coaly was referring to the three Aryan types the man allegedly saw.

Still an interesting report nevertheless it was carried by the Telegraph which is hardly "Tabloid"

I would like to here what Colin Andrews has to say about the matter.

I guess it will just slip into the ocean of strange reports that forgive the pun crop up all over the world, so strange that they are considered ridiculous by many, like Gnomes in noddy cars (remember that one) perhaps that's the intention to stretch credulity.

Who knows, but I am beyond scoffing at witnesses. it hardly encourages people to come forward knowing that they will be mocked

I wonder if they had bicycles (or the like) that he didn't notice, and they simply cycled off quickly.

I know that sounds a bit daft, but I live in a town full of bicycling teams, most of which dress alike for their outings, and sometimes their outfits are quite unusual.

Otto_Maddox said:
dannycheveaux1 said:
Coaly, if a sighting was reported to the police wouldn't they normally suggest contacting a UFO investigation group in most circumstances - including one of their own colleagues? What's so strange or comic about that?

Apart from slagging off the Police, other workers in the Public Sector, crop circle reseachers, UFO researchers and "paranormal people" (which could include a lot of people who are members of this website)

have you any constructive comments?

quite. this is exactly why most FT readers are considered dicks by non-FT readers interested in the world of forteana.
maybe they are concidered dicks because fortean times readers seem a little more rational than the usual crop of UFO believing type people.Not quite so willing to accept the 'aliens' explianation simply because it is 'alternative'

SHAYBARSABE said:
I wonder if they had bicycles (or the like) that he didn't notice, and they simply cycled off quickly.

I know that sounds a bit daft, but I live in a town full of bicycling teams, most of which dress alike for their outings, and sometimes their outfits are quite unusual.

Do they look like this ?
http://www.ccgiro.net/Clothing.aspx
That's not me in case you were wondering :roll:

maybe they are concidered dicks because fortean times readers seem a little more rational than the usual crop of UFO believing type people.Not quite so willing to accept the 'aliens' explianation simply because it is 'alternative'

I've read and subscribed to FT mag since the start and for me, over the past few years the slant towards sceptism on the major topics has become too overbalanced.
Their UFO sections are invariably "case closed" type articles by Dr Clarke, supposedly solving yet another landmark case. However it ends up being just a theory with much guess work and assumptions and bias as any other theory. The Berwyn mountain story was a recent one.
Up to a point Jenny Randles' page at least presented a more balanced view, but how long will that go on for?
There has been more going on in recent times in the UFO world that got minimal, if any, coverage in the mag, such as the Disclosure project, the South American sightings etc. Instead, classic cases are just brought out to get the treatment, with the original witnesses no longer here to defend themselves.
To me FT mag no longer reflects the thoughts and ideas of the Fortean thinker, with the exception of the letters pages, and even these of course could be selected on their adherance to the party line.
The website, especially the forum of course, reflects a broad spectrum of views and lets hope it long continues!

to me it seems not to be the most convincing of stories I'm not saying he didnt see what he saw just his assumption it was aliens seems a little shaky I mean one of my mates is 6.5 blond hair and blue eyes I'm pretty sure he's not an alien and couldn't they have just i don't know laid down and hidden in the crops/grass its not like he checked the sound could have just been insects

honestly I think he just took it the wrong way

what he saw
crop circle = aliens
blond tallish people = aliens
weird noise = alien
sudden disappearance (even tho he wasn't looking when they did) = aliens
wierd feeling = aliens

possible explanations
crop circle = man made
blond tallish people = humans
weird noise = insects, power lines, even the hum phenomenon
sudden disappearance (even tho he wasn't looking when they did) = they hid
wierd feeling = caused by him thinking it was aliens

I agree completely, then there's the factor of him contacting bloody "UFOlogists" What a ridiculous term! And psychics *again!*... "A leading UFOlogist said that everything seemed consistant and true..." YAWN. Humans can, and do make things up, regardless of how much they have to lose. I'm not going to use Occam here, but, you get the drift. Chaffe and wheat. Indeed. ;)

Spend_day said:
what he saw
crop circle = aliens
blond tallish people = aliens
weird noise = alien
sudden disappearance (even tho he wasn't looking when they did) = aliens
wierd feeling = aliens

possible explanations
crop circle = man made
blond tallish people = humans
weird noise = insects, power lines, even the hum phenomenon
sudden disappearance (even tho he wasn't looking when they did) = they hid
wierd feeling = caused by him thinking it was aliens
haha good summary.

The static crackling seems to me to be the only really interesting/convincing/authentic phenomenon there.

The people could even be the circlemakers or other pranksters doing some odd lab-coated photographs or mockumentary or something - they might even have recognised him as a local dibble and legged it because they're trespassing, or stoners or something.

Back