• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

ufo gorebridge

johncbdg1 said:
Yep real as it gets watch it move to left then off you deny this one and you missing out on something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAiBEiCN ... ideo_title

I must admit I have missed your videos of late john, so I was very excited to see you had posted further "real as it gets" UFO videos.

Can I suggest it's just an aeroplane or a helicopter? It doesn't exactly demonstrate anything out of the ordinary that might suggest something of Alien origin....what's your angle john?

linesmachine said:
I must admit I have missed your videos of late john, so I was very excited to see you had posted further "real as it gets" UFO videos.

Can I suggest it's just an aeroplane or a helicopter? It doesn't exactly demonstrate anything out of the ordinary that might suggest something of Alien origin....what's your angle john?

Indeed you can suggest it, but you'd be "missing out on something". :D

I don't quite get the point of the video, a stationary light in the sky, that then disappears? I'd have to agree with linesmachine, probably a helicopter. We get a lot of them flying around Belfast, looking for nefarious goings-on, and sometimes they're silent, other times they're noisy as hell, depending on the weather and distance, etc.

I would rule out any of them plane helicopter,as this object was seen around area for two nights,and both nights no sound,oh this is the real deal even if you do not want to accept it.

Weather hear is going change over the next few days but we will be hunting this one down,we have other footage of this object.

By the way UFO

DieDieMyDarling said:

Yes, indeed! Looks like I'm the fool afterall as I'm clearly missing out on something. Although what that something is.....is unclear.

linesmachine said:
DieDieMyDarling said:

Yes, indeed! Looks like I'm the fool afterall as I'm clearly missing out on something. Although what that something is.....is unclear.

If i need to tell you what, there is no point going on,i see you have not got a clue as to what that object is,i can tell what its not but i am not going keep going over old ground,take a good look before you post a reply,i am open to every view on the Subject matter and can rule out as we go along.

Apologies Jon, I wasn't taking the pxss but I was suggesting it does look from the video that there is little UFO suggestion. Could you elaborate as to your thoughts for thinking it is?

Also, what is the other footage you have like? Have you a link to it?

johncbdg1 said:
I would rule out any of them plane helicopter,as this object was seen around area for two nights,and both nights no sound,oh this is the real deal even if you do not want to accept it.

Weather hear is going change over the next few days but we will be hunting this one down,we have other footage of this object.

By the way UFO

You're ruling out a whole theory, because it was quiet on two separate nights? Isn't that a bit of a leap at best, and desperation at worst?

It occurs to me, that if you want people to take this seriously, you should at least consider other possible explanations first, before jumping to "the real deal", before even describing the event and letting people see for themselves.

You obviously have a lot invested in this subject, and you're very eager for people to believe in UFOs, aliens, etc. That's fair enough, it's your belief, no-one else can take that away.

But you can't expect everyone else to jump to the same realisation, with little to no evidence to back it up. I've seen a few of your videos up here, and to be honest, not one of them has appeared supernatural in any way. There are much better videos out there, which better support the theory of UFOs, and which can't be as easily explained away.

Your video might well be real aliens, hovering in the sky, watching over their prey. But, it looks like a helicopter. And seeing as the vision is all you've captured on camera, it's uninteresting. It looks like a helicopter, so therefore it probably is a helicopter.

DieDieMyDarling said:
johncbdg1 said:

By the way UFO

You're ruling out a whole theory, because it was quiet on two separate nights? Isn't that a bit of a leap at best, and desperation at worst?

It occurs to me, that if you want people to take this seriously, you should at least consider other possible explanations first, before jumping to "the real deal", before even describing the event and letting people see for themselves.

You obviously have a lot invested in this subject, and you're very eager for people to believe in UFOs, aliens, etc. That's fair enough, it's your belief, no-one else can take that away.

But you can't expect everyone else to jump to the same realisation, with little to no evidence to back it up. I've seen a few of your videos up here, and to be honest, not one of them has appeared supernatural in any way. There are much better videos out there, which better support the theory of UFOs, and which can't be as easily explained away.

Your video might well be real aliens, hovering in the sky, watching over their prey. But, it looks like a helicopter. And seeing as the vision is all you've captured on camera, it's uninteresting. It looks like a helicopter, so therefore it probably is a helicopter.

Nothing invested,only my time in documenting my research on Midlothian ufo files,never ask anyone to jump anywhere or ask anyone to support my theory on a UFOs, as for where it comes from then i let you say where and from, and who is on board as we can see,like you to show us what videos you think are better,come on shows us and i will tell you as i see it,i have been hunting UFOs all my life and been filming documenting everything that moves upthere for 12 years now so why not post a video you think is real deal better than the one i took and posted here,go on you know you want to.

linesmachine said:
Apologies Jon, I wasn't taking the pxss but I was suggesting it does look from the video that there is little UFO suggestion. Could you elaborate as to your thoughts for thinking it is?

No link yet,but i will say this is a UFO

johncbdg1 said:
Nothing invested,only my time in documenting my research on Midlothian ufo files,never ask anyone to jump anywhere or ask anyone to support my theory on a UFOs, as for where it comes from then i let you say where and from, and who is on board as we can see,like you to show us what videos you think are better,come on shows us and i will tell you as i see it,i have been hunting UFOs all my life and been filming documenting everything that moves upthere for 12 years now so why not post a video you think is real deal better than the one i took and posted here,go on you know you want to.

Time and research IS investment.

Just listen to yourself for a few seconds, you're ranting, barely stringing a sentence together, challenging people, scoffing at anything or anyone who undermines your findings. Some might say it's passion, but it comes across more as a desperate need to believe. You have blinkers on, and you're unwilling to see anything other than what you think you've seen.

As to better videos, there's plenty on YouTube. A lot from Mexico, in daylight, countless shapes flying at speeds and in directions beyond anything we know exists in our technology.

They may well have normal explanations, that we haven't figured out yet, but at least they don't just look like helicopters. They're genuinely unexplained. Your videos are just lights in the sky. Unless I've missed some, and you have videos of these lights doing fantastic things? If so, could you give me a link?

DieDieMyDarling said:
Just listen to yourself for a few seconds, you're ranting, barely stringing a sentence together, challenging people, scoffing at anything or anyone who undermines your findings. Some might say it's passion, but it comes across more as a desperate need to believe. You have blinkers on, and you're unwilling to see anything other than what you think you've seen.

@diediemydarling: Someone should explain at this point that John has posted many sightings in the Midlothian area. Whether or not we think any are of a real UFO is obviously up for discussion, but we should be as open to his videos as we are of anyone who posts here. I do understand that his language is odd but don't let that distract from the fact that, like you and I, he is here to talk about the same things and should be welcomed unless he acts outside of the forum guidelines.

@john: It's clearly a helicopter. Move on.

DieDieMyDarling said:
johncbdg1 said:

Time and research IS investment.

As to better videos, there's plenty on YouTube. A lot from Mexico, in daylight, countless shapes flying at speeds and in directions beyond anything we know exists in our technology.

They may well have normal explanations, that we haven't figured out yet, but at least they don't just look like helicopters. They're genuinely unexplained. Your videos are just lights in the sky. Unless I've missed some, and you have videos of these lights doing fantastic things? If so, could you give me a link?

Just listen to yourself,i present my case and all i get back is attack attack attack.
Show your real deal ufo,or i close my case on you,as you no nothing about ufos,you keep saying plenty on youtube show us your real deal ufo then.
I showed you mine you show me yours.
Thats a ufo i am showing.

linesmachine said:
@diediemydarling: Someone should explain at this point that John has posted many sightings in the Midlothian area. Whether or not we think any are of a real UFO is obviously up for discussion, but we should be as open to his videos as we are of anyone who posts here. I do understand that his language is odd but don't let that distract from the fact that, like you and I, he is here to talk about the same things and should be welcomed unless he acts outside of the forum guidelines.

@john: It's clearly a helicopter. Move on.

He's posted many sightings of nothing. All of his videos are pretty much the same thing, a light in the sky, that looks like a plane or helicopter, then he comes on here claiming he has 100% proof of UFOs. And when people pull him up on the fact that they look like planes and UFOs, he starts spouting off that they know nothing, or are jealous of his footage.

He's more than welcome to show his "evidence" on the board, but he has to understand that people on here won't just kiss up to him and believe every word he says, just because his beliefs are so strong.

johncbdg1 said:
Just listen to yourself,i present my case and all i get back is attack attack attack.
Show your real deal ufo,or i close my case on you,as you no nothing about ufos,you keep saying plenty on youtube show us your real deal ufo then.

I didn't say they were MY videos, just videos. I'm not trying to say my proof is better than yours, I don't have any proof at all. I'm telling you that other people have taken much better videos, which are harder to explain, and genuinely give reason for thought.

It's not a competition, I'm not trying to outdo you, or steal your glory. I'm telling you that your videos do not look supernatural in the least. And there are videos out there which, if not proof of UFOs, are a hell of a lot more provoking.

Is this your defence in every thread you post in? Anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view, knows nothing about UFOs? If your evidence was better, you wouldn't need to speak at all. You wouldn't need to start threads with deliberately misleading titles like "Real deal".

If your evidence was anywhere near actual evidence, rather than a stationary light in the sky, you'd be able to post your link to the video and have other people come running to you, to tell you how great it is, rather than having to tell them how great it is before they've seen it, and then have to spend the rest of the thread defending yourself, when they come back disappointed.

DieDieMyDarling said:
johncbdg1 said:

I didn't say they were MY videos, just videos. I'm not trying to say my proof is better than yours, I don't have any proof at all. I'm telling you that other people have taken much better videos, which are harder to explain, and genuinely give reason for thought.

It's not a competition, I'm not trying to outdo you, or steal your glory. I'm telling you that your videos do not look supernatural in the least. And there are videos out there which, if not proof of UFOs, are a hell of a lot more provoking.

Is this your defence in every thread you post in? Anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view, knows nothing about UFOs? If your evidence was better, you wouldn't need to speak at all. You wouldn't need to start threads with deliberately misleading titles like "Real deal".

If your evidence was anywhere near actual evidence, rather than a stationary light in the sky, you'd be able to post your link to the video and have other people come running to you, to tell you how great it is, rather than having to tell them how great it is before they've seen it, and then have to spend the rest of the thread defending yourself, when they come back disappointed.

Eh so you never said this.

There's plenty on YouTube. A lot from Mexico, in daylight, countless shapes flying at speeds and in directions beyond anything we know exists in our technology.
AND WHY POST TWICE IS THAT TO BACK TRACK ON YOUR CLAIM.

Could not care what some one like yourself say when they back track on there own words.
Show me the videos you talk about and i will tell you as i see it,and stop trying to change what you said.

Now what ones are theyback up your claims

johncbdg1 said:

There's plenty on YouTube. A lot from Mexico, in daylight, countless shapes flying at speeds and in directions beyond anything we know exists in our technology.

Could not care what some one like yourself say when they back track on there own words.
Show me the videos you talk about and i will tell you as i see it,and stop trying to change what you said.

Could you please point out where I backtracked?

I said there are better UFO videos on YouTube. Are you seriously claiming that your UFO videos are the best of their kind? That no other UFO videos are more provoking, or serve as better evidence for the mystery?

This is exactly the problem I was referring to, in my earlier post. You're rambling and struggling to make much sense in your posts. Even worse, you're failing to understand my posts, too, and twisting them to suit your own agenda.

People who have genuine evidence, don't need to use such underhanded tactics. They let their evidence do the talking for them.

DieDieMyDarling said:
johncbdg1 said:

Could you please point out where I backtracked?

I said there are better UFO videos on YouTube. Are you seriously claiming that your UFO videos are the best of their kind? That no other UFO videos are more provoking, or serve as better evidence for the mystery?

This is exactly the problem I was referring to, in my earlier post. You're rambling and struggling to make much sense in your posts. Even worse, you're failing to understand my posts, too, and twisting them to suit your own agenda.

People who have genuine evidence, don't need to use such underhanded tactics. They let their evidence do the talking for them.

Nope you are doing the claiming,now show us them,i have no problem with any one who has better footage,i have no problem with any ones footage after all you made the claim and you back track on it,shows what ones,are flying at speeds and in directions beyond anything we know exists in our technology.

But take a good look at the video posted it speeds off.

Go on you know you want to

johncbdg1 said:
Nope you are doing the claiming,now show us them,i have no problem with any one who has better footage,i have no problem with any ones footage after all you made the claim and you back track on it,shows what ones,are flying at speeds and in directions beyond anything we know exists in our technology.

But take a good look at the video posted it speeds off.

Go on you know you want to

I'm still waiting for you to tell me where I backtracked. What did I say, then go back on?

Not much of a ufo video. Technically, it's a ufo, since no one here can be sure what it was. But alien? I'm going to need better video than that.

linesmachine said:

Same not taking the P---

kamalktk said:
Not much of a ufo video. Technically, it's a ufo, since no one here can be sure what it was. But alien? I'm going to need better video than that.

Well you could get a cam and go hunting you may get lucky,you may not,but Technically you gave it a go,better doing that than replying to posts and in house all day.

As much as I am loathe to post a comment on any of Johns articles (it often feels like I'm poking a stick into a wasps nest), I thought I would just mention this...

IMO the video as posted, filmed late in the evening twilight, appears to be the light reflecting from either 'space junk' or a sattelite (possibly the ISS) as it traverses through the point of it's orbit where it is still catching the sunlight, then as it passes into the earths shadow it is no longer visible - I've seen similar myself on a few occasions but not filmed it as it happens too quickly, and is usually over in seconds.
Technically it IS a UFO, as it is obviously an object, which is unidentified. (it's a moot point as to whether or not it could actually be described as 'flying' as it is unclear whether it is in the atmosphere or not).
It's a shame that there is a lot of zooming in and out, and blurriness, but I expect that it is difficult to focus on a far away object whilst still trying to include other nearby objects to use as reference points.
At least John is trying which is more than a lot of people do.
TBH I really couldn't give 2 sh*ts either way though - if it's aliens then fine, and I hope that if it is, that they end up giving us some great new technology, or a message of peace and hope for all mankind. I'd much rather prefer that than them coming to kill us all or plunder our resources!

trevp66 said:
As much as I am loathe to post a comment on any of Johns articles (it often feels like I'm poking a stick into a wasps nest), I thought I would just mention this...

IMO the video as posted, filmed late in the evening twilight, appears to be the light reflecting from either 'space junk' or a sattelite (possibly the ISS) as it traverses through the point of it's orbit where it is still catching the sunlight, then as it passes into the earths shadow it is no longer visible - I've seen similar myself on a few occasions but not filmed it as it happens too quickly, and is usually over in seconds.
Technically it IS a UFO, as it is obviously an object, which is unidentified. (it's a moot point as to whether or not it could actually be described as 'flying' as it is unclear whether it is in the atmosphere or not).
It's a shame that there is a lot of zooming in and out, and blurriness, but I expect that it is difficult to focus on a far away object whilst still trying to include other nearby objects to use as reference points.
At least John is trying which is more than a lot of people do.
TBH I really couldn't give 2 sh*ts either way though - if it's aliens then fine, and I hope that if it is, that they end up giving us some great new technology, or a message of peace and hope for all mankind. I'd much rather prefer that than them coming to kill us all or plunder our resources!

As much as I am loathe to post a reply,its never like poking a stick into a wasps hive,when there is thought put into it.
I see you put some thought in to this and i take my hat off to you for that,but you did not put in the research needed to understand where the ISS
would be at time and direction of filming as for (possibly the ISS) do you want to do the work or shall i tell its not the ISS.
PS
You should care about what is going on above our heads,it could be some one we do not want in our airspace,and yes it may not even have been picked up on radar.?

John, I also have tried to obtain footage of UFOs.....yet drawn a blank! I also go camping every year in so called paranormal locations in an effort to witness and record something. Yet, again, have drawn a blank. I'm not a stay-at-home armchair critic, I really do make efforts to investigate such things. However, when we post our footage on the ft board we really should respect the responses we get. In this particular case I still don't see what evidence it provides. You say I am missing out on something....well tell me what it is! :(

I've read enough of John's posts to know that no amount of intelligent discussion will change what he stubbornly believes to be true. And good luck to him on his passion.

Don't feed the troll!

linesmachine said:
John, I also have tried to obtain footage of UFOs.....yet drawn a blank! I also go camping every year in so called paranormal locations in an effort to witness and record something. Yet, again, have drawn a blank. I'm not a stay-at-home armchair critic, I really do make efforts to investigate such things. However, when we post our footage on the ft board we really should respect the responses we get. In this particular case I still don't see what evidence it provides. You say I am missing out on something....well tell me what it is! :(

Keep up the good work one day you may get lucky,and like fishing and swimming you will never look back,when ever you get that picture video of what you are looking for i would love to see it good hunting.

I always respect the responses to my threads,and i will defend myself give as good back as i get nothing wrong in that,as you know we all been down this road in here before.

OpenMinded said:
I've read enough of John's posts to know that no amount of intelligent discussion will change what he stubbornly believes to be true. And good luck to him on his passion.

Don't feed the troll!

What i stubbornly believe to be true,is that is a ufo.

So i will not feed you then.

Back