• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Over Birmingham

A

Anonymous

The time of the sighting was spring 2002, a Monday morning around 8.10 am. I was taking my brother back to Northampton university after a weekend at home with the family, we were stuck in traffick at the island that joins junction 3 of the M42 motorway when I saw something out of the corner of my eye hovering about 100 ft above the center of the island. As I was stationary in traffick I had time to take a good look at the object, It was bright and metalic, almost as if it was chromed, the nearest thing i can describe it to would be 2 metal dustbins, one turned upside down and stacked ontop of the other. These were counter rotating, I could tell this because both the top and bottom of the machine seemed to have ribbing or panneling which indicated the direction of rotation. The object was completely stationary in the air, it had no wings or fins at all, in fact there were no aerodynamic surfaces and nothing that could create lift on the object, I saw no form of propulsion or exhaust, and it was quiet enough for the stationary traffick to drown any noise from the object. I looked to my brother in the passenger seat and saw that he was looking at it with some curiosity too.
I looked to my right and saw that the car in the fast lane next to me had 2 men in who were also looking at the object. We exchanged glances and went back to watching it, very abruptley the object shot of towards birmingham, it was a blurr across my vision and it vanished. As an engineer I have found this encounter baffling to say the least, when the object moved off, it didn't accelerate it seemed to go from zero to above the speed of sound instantly, which I know is an impossibility, and in breaking the sound barrier there was no sonic boom. This was no balloon or aircraft in the ordinary sense but it was a mechanical device, and it was piloted by some means. I know that 4 people definately saw this object, and I belive that many more people must have seen it when sitting in that traffick jam.

------------------------

I looked to my brother in the passenger seat and saw that he was looking at it with some curiosity too.

------------------------

Did you and your brother discuss the sighting?

:eek!!!!:

--------------------------
New Year's Resolution: See More UFOs; Eat More Fruit

My brother and I spoke about it briefly in the car, and straight away we were denying what we had seen. I've come to grips with what I saw but my brother claims to have absolutely no recolection.
I can understand why, admiting to yourself that you have seen a 'UFO' is hard, but have you ever tried explaining to someone else that you've seen one?, its not easy. If you've seen TV programes about UFO 'witnesses' they all sound like crack pots
and thats the way you feel.

--------------------
Infidel asks:

have you ever tried explaining to someone else that you've seen one?, its not easy. If you've seen TV programes about UFO 'witnesses' they all sound like crack pots

---------------------

I'm usually asked what I've been drinking. So not only am I immediately considerd to be a crackpot, but a besotted one, at that.

I do find it interesting that your brother doesn't recall the sighting.

Thanks for the updated info.

---------------
New Year's Resolution: See More UFOs; Eat More Fruit

I've often wondered how many UFO sightings are of craft piloted by aliens and how many are un-manned or un-aliened probes sent to gather information. Just a thought.

Your brother's memory lapse, if its genuine, reminded me of a story told by a friend of mine. He was sitting on a beach in South Africa years ago with 3 friends when he saw a massive UFO fly in from the sea, hover over them for a couple of seconds and then shoot off inland. He looked at his friends as the craft was above them and they all seemed frozen and oblivious to this UFO. After it had gone he asked them if they'd seen it and not one of them had. Strange.

Back