• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

ufo over midlothian

Better still would you like to go get the flight path,before you make such claims its always better that way,before you look like a Amateur always get the facts first.midlothian is a big area?.

On planet Earth we call those "Helicopters".

Timble2 said:
On planet Earth we call those "Helicopters".

And back in the real world we call them UFOs,unless you can see some thing we can not,and i take it you never looked over the flight paths for time and date,before you come in like a follow the leader,stop and think we all seek the truth, so i will say that is not a helicopter.

It's good to see John hasn't lost any of his charm, when someone has the audacity to even raise a question that might challenge his having recorded a UFO.

DieDieMyDarling said:
It's good to see John hasn't lost any of his charm, when someone has the audacity to even raise a question that might challenge his having recorded a UFO.

You said,when someone has the audacity to even raise a question that might challenge his having recorded a UFO.

One if i thought it was a helicopter then i would have called it that.
Two i call it a UFO as to date we have found out nothing about this object and yes you know if we do not know what it is then its a UFO no matter what anyone thinks it is.
Three yes we do the ground work and rule out and in as we search for the truth.

But that one the helicopter has been ruled out,but we are still open to new views as to what this UFObject is.

All posts will be taken on board but they may never be taken forward in our investigation as to what this was flying above our heads.

Sorry

johncbdg1 said:
Better still would you like to go get the flight path,before you make such claims its always better that way,before you look like a Amateur always get the facts first.midlothian is a big area?.

Size is relative. The sky is bigger than Midlothian. :roll:

A helicopter hovering at around 5000 ft over Wallyford and the surrounding area would appear as a dot in the sky from your reported location.

One more thing. As a "professional" I take it you have already contacted Cumbernauld and/or Turnhouse ATC to report this unidentified flying object?
RAF Kinross? Heck L&B police?

John, ginjabadja's post said he was "inclined to say helicopter." He then went on to give his reasons why he thought that.

Your reply to him?

It's what always happens in your threads, John. You show videos that are ambiguous at best, then if anyone dares to question it, or disagree with you, you pounce on them like a rabid dog.

Just because you say it's not a helicopter does not mean it's not a helicopter. To most people, so far, in this thread, the consensus is it looks like a helicopter. That might be the case, or it might not. But it's the conclusion people have arrived at, after looking at the available facts.

ginjabadja said:
johncbdg1 said:

Size is relative. The sky is bigger than Midlothian. :roll:

A helicopter hovering at around 5000 ft over Wallyford and the surrounding area would appear as a dot in the sky from your reported location.

One more thing. As a "professional" I take it you have already contacted Cumbernauld and/or Turnhouse ATC to report this unidentified flying object?
RAF Kinross? Heck L&B police?

Now watch the and listen direction of object is not even close to wallyford sorry about that.

DieDieMyDarling said:
John, ginjabadja's post said he was "inclined to say helicopter." He then went on to give his reasons why he thought that.

Your reply to him?

It's what always happens in your threads, John. You show videos that are ambiguous at best, then if anyone dares to question it, or disagree with you, you pounce on them like a rabid dog.

Just because you say it's not a helicopter does not mean it's not a helicopter. To most people, so far, in this thread, the consensus is it looks like a helicopter. That might be the case, or it might not. But it's the conclusion people have arrived at, after looking at the available facts.

Yes and they must come to there own conclusion,even if they do not listen to the truth,the world is like that,as before last time.

Apologies for putting you on the defensive john, but as I said in my original post. I judge it to be a helicopter.

For clarities sake, let me show you my working.

The was an incident involving youths throwing things at trains very near to your location in Wallyford. We're are talking less than 5 miles from Gorebridge as the crow flies.

The British Transport police has 2 helicopters that responds to incidents like these based at Cumbernauld. This is a supplemental to the special Q-trains are sometimes used to catch vandals, but has a faster response time.

As a "patrol" aircraft on official business it can file an ad-hoc flight plan, the principle issue being that it must skirt around the edge of the landing paths for Edinburgh airport. Similar rules apply for the air support helicopters used by the Met and other police forces.

Taking the event and the most likely response we have the mostly likely conclusion. a police helicopter.

Occam's razor states that the simplest explaination is often, but not exclusively, the right one. Is the conclusion that this was a helicopter definitive one. No. In probability is it the most likely. Yes.[/b]

I was on the phone when i opened the door to let my dogs out,then i could see this object moving fast i put phone down got cam and started filming not easy to do, it was moving very fast,i can say it was not a helicopter, a UAV or UFO but it was no helicopter,i have footage of helicopters from distance and you know i have never seen anything like this before.

Or this one
ufo 11 april 2012 better look slow speed 0.125x.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK7I0gJTst0&feature=plcp

I notice that you're deleting comments off of your BoobTube postings, for example the ones that point out that the video with added sound, isn't the orignal soundtrack, and is missing 40 seconds of the entire video's soundtrack, with 15 second's worth of random outdoor sound pasted onto it.

Incidentally there was something fast and exotic in the skies over Edinburgh last week.

A 4 ship formation of Typhoons doing a salute to Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.

Full details (inc tail codes) here

Why would someone do that?

Edit: Was referring to Timble's last comment.

Timble2 said:
I notice that you're deleting comments off of your BoobTube postings, for example the ones that point out that pointing out that video with added sound, isn't the orignal soundtrack, and is missing 40 seconds of the entire video's soundtrack, with 15 second's worth of random outdoor sound pasted onto it!

Some times you must delete posts as it stops friends and members from posting, but most of all it stops online abuse,to true searchers.

orignal soundtrack it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwoFzNTq ... M0bCz9_E1g

ginjabadja said:
Incidentally there was something fast and exotic in the skies over Edinburgh last week.

A 4 ship formation of Typhoons doing a salute to Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.

Full details (inc tail codes) here

There may have been more in the skies than we know,it was not a jet or helicopter,as i said i have filmed many things and i do not know what this was.

Timble2 said:
I notice that you're deleting comments off of your BoobTube postings, for example the ones that point out that the video with added sound, isn't the orignal soundtrack, and is missing 40 seconds of the entire video's soundtrack, with 15 second's worth of random outdoor sound pasted onto it.

That sounds very suspicious. But hardly surprising, unfortunately.

DieDieMyDarling said:
Timble2 said:

That sounds very suspicious. But hardly surprising, unfortunately.

unfortunately,are you one that can post or not?

And thats not suspicious,just as it was seen at time.

It just appears that you consider criticism to be abuse,,,,

If this is going to become another thread where johncbdg1 is just going to have to repeatedly state his belief of what he saw, against a barrage of opposing views, then maybe it should be locked before it just turns into an argument, again?

ginjabadja said:
The British Transport police has 2 helicopters that responds to incidents like these based at Cumbernauld. This is a supplemental to the special Q-trains are sometimes used to catch vandals, but has a faster response time.
BTP Scotland don't have any helicopters; Network Rail hire two AS355s (G-NTWK and G-NETR) from PDG which are used to cover the whole of the UK and do indeed fly out of Cumbernauld when working in Scotland. They are used for aerial asset inspection and as such generally follow a very rigid flying schedule - they aren't routinely used to respond to incidents of vandalism and would certainly not be mobilised to a simple stone throwing incident. I'm afraid Q-Trains haven't been used in Scotland since the early 1990s.

Yours,
The pedantic (Fortean) railwayman

that's all very well but it doesn't alter the fact that it is very obviously a helicopter.

Sorry if anyone in here has been caught up on sites,as there was a few repeating posts that had nothing to do with footage taken,we find we get this type of posts from some people who try and disrupt others from posting.

If you have been caught up in this,and feel it was unfair then do not hesitate send a e-mail to get this resolved.

Ronson8 said:
that's all very well but it doesn't alter the fact that it is very obviously a helicopter.
Yes absolutely, I agree!

Ronnor said:
I'm afraid Q-Trains haven't been used in Scotland since the early 1990s.

Honestly Ronnor, with info like that are you trying to gode me into trespassing on the railway. :lol:

Good info on the use of whirlybirds by Network Rail/BTP. The info I saw implied that those birds might be getting scrambled more often in incidents of vandalism. Of course that might mean when some fellas nick 1200 yards of copper signal cable

Interestingly it also means that the only police force with any degree of air support in Scotland is Strathclyde.. Not exactly Blue Thunder but does come with some nice toys.

Though, too bad if they need to do a manhunt in the highlands! Hannay escapes again!

Still, the police are not the only helicopter users around. ;)

Back