• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs And Mental Health

A

Anonymous

:hello: hello everyone! i've posted here a couple times before, but it was probably a year or so ago. i was just wondering if anyone could help me find something. i'm pretty sure this topic has to have come up before, but i couldn't find anything on the forums in my quick search of them. if so, just kindly point me in the right direction. anyway, onto my question:

does anyone know of any serious research conducted on the mental and emotional impact of UFO (or i guess any fortean phenomena in general) experiences? i've always been into ufology, but it became a personal matter when i had several odd sightings in 1996-97. it's been nearly 7 years and i can't say a day has gone by that the events haven't replayed themselves in my mind, spooking me more than the initial sightings themselves. i've found in talking to other people who have UFO experiences that many others deal with a lot of the same issues i do. problems like anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol addictions, nightmares, phobias, personality changes...all kinds of nasty things that make your life a living hell. sounds to me like post tramatic stress disorder, but i've found nothing about instances of it brought on by UFO experiences except for a few snippets here and there that don't go into any kind of depth. i have sought out psychological help for my problems in the past, but i, like many of the people i've talked to that have done the same, was either too afraid to bring up the subject with the doctor, or did and was only ridiculed or had it turned into a total non-issue. :sad: certainly there has to be something out there about this that i've missed. if anyone can help me find anything relating to this, i'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Have you thought of contacting BUFORA, like minded people could be of some help, their web site here.

Back