• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO's over Ireland (2008)

Waylander

Ephemeral Spectre
This News report was interesting, and promises a bounty of Video and Photographical imagery. But were is it all? I hate it when they tell you about how good the pictures and Videos are, and fail to be able to produce one single image from what appears to be a rather good stockpile?

Waylander28 said:
This News report was interesting, and promises a bounty of Video and Photographical imagery. But were is it all? I hate it when they tell you about how good the pictures and Videos are, and fail to be able to produce one single image from what appears to be a rather good stockpile?

And ex-oilfield executive Ian Crane warned of plans for a fake alien invasion to be staged at the 2012 Olympics in London by the terrorists behind 9/11 and other atrocities, in their quest for global control.

I think this excerpt from the story says a lot about the group. if they really had ground breaking images then they would publish them.

There was some pictures in the Irish Tabloids. One did show 3 points of light and the red beam coming down from one of the lights. The footage was taken by a Garda on a mobile phone, so i can't imagine that the quality is very good. Though mind you the picture did clearly show the red line coming down from the light.

Apparently it was shown at the UFO conference that was held in Ireland at the weekend. I'd say the reason its not more widley available yet is money. If you got footage of a UFO you wouldn't just stick straight onto the interweb and not get anything for it now would you ;)

I'll see if i can find any links to the still picture that i seen.

feen5 said:
Apparently it was shown at the UFO conference that was held in Ireland at the weekend. I'd say the reason its not more widley available yet is money. If you got footage of a UFO you wouldn't just stick straight onto the interweb and not get anything for it now would you ;)

I'll see if i can find any links to the still picture that i seen.

Thanks for that Feen5, but wait... there was a UFO conference in Ireland over the weekend?!?!? ANd I missed it?! Were and When? Damn it! Would have like to have gone! :roll: I dunno!

I went to the "UFO Society of Irelands" website but there I can only find a very dodgey picture and subscription page! Darn it.

Would love to see any of the images, it's so rare to have any sightings in Ireland.

Just found the Conference info "The Fifth will be taking place on 27th-28th September 2008, again in the Bush Hotel, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim"

Oh well! 110Euro plus a further fifty euro for a Moonlight boat trip ;) on the shannon! What a romantic old crowd they are.

Heard over the wknd on the radio (cant believe that) that some of their prize pics have turned out to be chinese lanterns.

The Hoax Files: Source of mystery UFOs revealed!

Close encounters of the marital kind...Andrea, Lynden and their guests releasing a sky lantern.
The mystery surrounding the appearance of UFOs in the skies over Dunboyne recently has been solved. It’s all because of a wedding!

'UFOs’ spotted over Dunboyne’ were among the rather lurid headlines in both national and local papers, while the incident was reported widely on the internet and was the highlight of a recent paranormal convention.

The 'UFOs’ were filmed by a high-ranking garda (not from Dunboyne) who happened to be in the area and even an excited Carl Nally, co-founder of UFO and Paranormal Research Ireland, described the footage captured on a camera phone as “the best film of a UFO ever filmed in Ireland and perhaps some of the best footage ever captured worldwide”.

However, the much publicised and discussed 'UFOs’ were actually Chinese sky lanterns released by a local couple as a romantic end to their perfect day!

Andrea Mulligan, a daughter of Mabel and Finian Mulligan of Dunderry, Navan, but who now lives in Manchester, married Lyndon James on 3rd August and held their reception in Dunboyne Castle Hotel.

However, when planning their special day, they could never have imagined the headlines the romantic finale to the wedding would create. “It is a Chinese tradition to celebrate a special event by making a wish on these lanterns, lighting them and releasing them into the sky,” Andrea explained.

“My husband, our guests and I released them as part of our wedding celebrations. There wasn’t an alien in sight! I cannot believe this story is all over the internet!” she said this week.

Andrea, who is a solicitor, and Lynden, who is a detective inspector with the British Police, have never really been interested in UFOs and are both astonished at the reaction to their gesture.

There were worldwide reports of four triangular UFOs being spotted in the skies over Dunboyne at 10.45pm on 3rd August, the date of Andrea and Lynden’s wedding.

“We had a good laugh. It is absolutely gas and I particularly loved reports that alien activity was increasing because of what is happening at Tara,” she added.

Traditionally used in Asian festivals, sky lanterns are said to create an awe-inspiring alternative to a fireworks display and are often used for weddings parties, barbeques and other festivities.

Also known as paper or sky lanterns, they are extremely light and can fly in the air for up to 20 minutes and will travel several miles in distance, after which the flame will blow out and they will gently float back down for a safe landing. Sky lanterns can fly to more than 1,000 meters in altitude.

Because of Dunboyne Castle’s proximity to Dublin Airport, Andrea and Lyndon had to get permission from the Irish Aviation Authority and the local Gardai before releasing the sky lanterns.

“If all these people were so convinced it was aliens, just a little research with the Irish aviation authorities would have told them what it was,” Andrea said.

By Ann Casey

Published: Wednesday, 8th October, 2008 10:50

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/printstory.php?s=1&i=31815

Assuming that the footage is not faked how do they explain the red beam that was seen to shoot to the ground. I should think that a chinese lantern thats able to shoot red beams to the ground is just as weird as an actual UFO. ;)

Thanks for that Gunther, It was worth seeing, but apparently this is a hoax! And not actually the video taken by the Irish gaurd! As it turns out this video was recorded at a "UFO Hoax competition" of all things! Wow they are encouraging fakers now! How wonderful.

Here's the Footage with the sound, which you'll understand makes all the difference. ;)

What a pain, so now things can only get more difficult!

From the original news article:

By Anita Guidera

Monday September 29 2008

THE truth is out there -- and if a senior garda, a Fianna Fail politician and a pilot are to be believed, aliens are keeping a close eye on us from above.

Dramatic eye-witness testimony was heard at a conference over the weekend which, delegates were told, provided "definitive" proof of recent UFO activity in the skies around north Dublin and Meath.

Footage, filmed on a camera phone at 10.35pm on August 3 near Dunboyne was also played and replayed to over 70 delegates who attended the fifth Irish International UFO conference in Carrick-on-Shannon.

The triangular shaped image, with lights at each point, which appeared to send a red laser-type light towards earth, drew gasps of amazement from the 70 or so delegates who attended the world premiere of the footage.

This, in fact, means that this Irish UFO convention unwittingly showed the prize-winning footage that came from a US UFO hoax competition of a few months before. Can you blame the majority of intelligent people for dismissing ufologists as delusional?

Back