• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UN invasion of Lubbock Texas

DougalLongfoot

Abominable Snowman
Lubbock Lights not the wierdest thing there anymore:

The United Nations has scoffed at claims by a Texas judge that UN troops could invade the southern US state to settle a possible civil war, which the judge warned could be sparked if Barack Obama is re-elected in November.

When asked if the United Nations had plans to invade Texas, UN secretary-general Ban Ki-moon's spokesman, Martin Nesirky, said that was "absolutely ridiculous".

He later added: "No one, not even the United Nations, would ever mess with Texas."

He was responding to comments from Tom Head, a county judge in Lubbock, who told a local Fox News station on Monday that taxes needed to be raised so the county could prepare for contingencies if Mr Obama was re-elected for a second term.

"He (Obama) is going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the UN. What's going to happen when that happens? I'm thinking worst case scenario - civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe," Mr Head said.

"What's going happen ... if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in UN troops, I don't want them in Lubbock County. I'm going to stand in front of their armoured personnel carriers and say 'You're not coming in here'."

Mr Head told Fox News he has the backing of his local sheriff.

"I've already asked him 'Are you going to back me?' and he said 'Yeah I'll back you'."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-25/un-scoffs-at-27ridiculous27-texas-invasion/4222310

I'm not totally sure that Judge Head's real first name isn't Richard, or that he's the right kind of man to be sitting in judgement on others.
He (Obama) is going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the UN
Yes, yes, and he was born in Ulaan Bator, and his name is Barry, and he has a third eye somewhere that you really don't want to know about.

Two facile points:
1) the UN just doesn't deliver on the 'evil factor', so it just doesn't work in the conspiracy picture. Ineffective, dithering, tardy, even corrupt: possibly. Scheming to take over Texas? No, not really. If the Jews, the Nazis of the 'Federal Government' can't help you, try the USSR, China or the Axis of Evil.
2) Can you imagine if Obama wanted the U.S. to join the EU? This judge would just explode!

The UN has been a bogeyman of right wing conspiracists for some time now, apparently because they're one of the few who can order the USA about, not with much success, mind you. This isn't the first time I've read the "Second American Civil War" prediction recently either (who knows what they would be supposed to be fighting over this time).

I had some crazy american lecture me on the evil UNESCO world heritage sites. Something about having no sovergnity or some such nonsense. Its amazing to me how many americans think the UN (and obama) wants to come and take away their gun, force them to recognize gay marraige, and then put them in fema camps. Thank god you are not in front of that judge......

There's a whole bunch of gun-toting right-wingnuts, who've been preaching resistance to the gubbermint and taxes for years. Some of them take the fact that the US gubbermint has identified groups of gun-toting right-wingnuts as potential domestic terrorists as evidence that the gubbermint has got it in for gun-toting right-wingnuts. So, they go on the internet and preach to all and sundry that it is time to get ready for armed insurrection, in case the gubbermint and the UN start rounding them all up and carting them off to the secret FEMA camps, where the body bags are waiting.

Every so often, one of these gun-toting right-wingnuts goes pop and start firing the gun they're toting, often killing several innocent bystanders in the process. The other gun-toting right-wingnuts then take that as evidence that the FBI set up one of their compatriots to take a fall, so that the gubbermint could take their guns and start to round them up to cart them off to the FEMA camps.

It's all a plot, etc.

I secretly relish the idea of Texas being turned into a giant camp surrounded by barbed wire :twisted: to quarantine the rest of the world from all the wingnuts therein

Spoken like someone who has never been to Austin!

Anyway, bobwire's easy to get through if you're not a steer. It's razor wire that causes the problem.

This fellow's problem is probably that he's been a judge too long. Judges at his level are very big fish in very small ponds. It makes keeping one's perspective realistic very difficult.

amester said:
I secretly relish the idea of Texas being turned into a giant camp surrounded by barbed wire :twisted: to quarantine the rest of the world from all the wingnuts therein

:lol:

Texans are not all wingnuts!
I've been there (Houston and Galveston).

Mythopoeika said:
:lol:

Texans are not all wingnuts!
I've been there (Houston and Galveston).

Texans are some of the friendliest folks I've ever met (and I'm not saying that just because my other half is from Fort Worth).

Back