Untrue Celebrity Death Rumours

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
27,416
Likes
12,017
Points
284
#1
If you can find the "People you thought were dead" thread you're a better man than I. Anyway, Russell Crowe has been the latest target for rumours of his death, it was thought he'd fallen off a mountain (same as what happened to Jeff Goldblum when Michael Jackson died, except it didn't - it's not even original!).

But nobody gets this treatment as much as Barry Chuckle of the Chuckle Brothers, he went public this week to complain about it. One day it'll be true and then they rumour mongers will be sorry...
 

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
25,296
Likes
20,742
Points
309
Location
HM The Tower of London
#2
Ah, the Chuckle Brothers. Whose friend was it who slept with both of them at Butlins? 'To you!' 'To me!' :lol:

I loved the Peeps You Thought Were Dead threads. In fact I started the original one. Back in t'day, when all this were fields...
 

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
11,372
Likes
4,014
Points
234
#3
gncxx said:
If you can find the "People you thought were dead" thread you're a better man than I..
What, you mean this one?

I'm not going to merge them, however, as the other is about people assumed or somehow "known" (albeit falsely) to be dead, whereas this is about purposeful ULs (though it may be touched upon in the other thread.)

So separate they will stay.

Back OT, I'd heard the Chuckle brother one not long ago, too - and IIRC, the Goldblum one was reported in some sections of the media, which helped the spread no end.
 

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
27,416
Likes
12,017
Points
284
#4
stuneville said:
gncxx said:
If you can find the "People you thought were dead" thread you're a better man than I..
What, you mean this one?
That's the one! It didn't show up in my searches. But fair enough keeping these threads separate. I suppose this means you are a better man than I.
 

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
27,416
Likes
12,017
Points
284
#5
Happened again this week, rapper The Game was supposed to have been murdered and had to send out a press release that he was still alive, it was just his career that was dead.

OK, he didn't say that last bit, but some conspiracy theorists are saying that he was looking for free publicity and started the rumour himself (he has a new album out soon).
 

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
27,416
Likes
12,017
Points
284
#6
I suppose it had to happen eventually - a self-fulfilling prophecy?
Full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/latin_ ... 429934.stm

Mexican singer El Shaka killed after denying his murder

Mexican singer Sergio Vega has been shot dead only hours after he had denied reports he had been murdered.

The 40-year-old singer, known as El Shaka, told a website he had increased security measures after a number of Mexican musicians were killed.

Musicians performing narcocorridos, songs celebrating the lives of drug barons, often become the targets of rival drug gangs.

Gunmen opened fire on Mr Vega on his way to a concert in Sinaloa state.

Mexican media reported Mr Vega was driving his red Cadillac on Saturday night when a truck started following him.

Shortly afterwards, shots were fired at the car, injuring Mr Vega and making him lose control of the vehicle and crashing it, his passenger told El Debate newspaper...
Pretty grim all the same.
 

markclaire

Fresh Blood
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
15
Likes
0
Points
7
#7
My old man was convinced Robert Duvall was dead. He does look a bit corpse like, but according to IMDB he's alive and well. He swears he heard it on the radio though, so more rumours via the media!
 

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
27,416
Likes
12,017
Points
284
#8
Another one last week, DJ Tiesto was supposed to have died in a car crash. He didn't. People are wishing their celebs dead!
 

Bloodbeard

Junior Acolyte
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
44
Likes
1
Points
14
#9
RE. Dead slebs

I have recently won a bet with a friend who claimed that Fidel Castro has been dead for some months, last week he made his first television appearance for two years and spoke lucidly and at length. He accused the United States of being behind the sinking of the South Korean naval vessel in Spring.
My friend was convinced that the stock footage of Castro in his Olympic shell suit , and the fact he was no longer president proved he was amongst us no more. My argument was that the Cuban authorities would find it impossible to hide the presidents demise from their public.
I was glad he showed up on the telly, I was getting worried myself. I will soon have a bottle of Buckfast in my possession and will certainly share the winnings, cheers Fidel.
 

WabbitHunter

Junior Acolyte
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
42
Likes
6
Points
24
#11
This morning I was told by my ex that Mel Gibson had hung himself. It didn't sound right to me as there hadn't been anything on the news, and there would have been quite a bit of fuss on the net if he had done himself in.
 
Joined
Aug 19, 2003
Messages
48,247
Likes
19,825
Points
284
Location
Eblana
#12
WabbitHunter said:
This morning I was told by my ex that Mel Gibson had hung himself. It didn't sound right to me as there hadn't been anything on the news, and there would have been quite a bit of fuss on the net if he had done himself in.
Maybe your ex misheard things. Perhaps he got a suspended sentence for abusing the cops.
 

McAvennie

Justified & Ancient
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
3,843
Likes
1,422
Points
184
#13
gncxx said:
I suppose it had to happen eventually - a self-fulfilling prophecy?
Full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/latin_ ... 429934.stm

Mexican singer El Shaka killed after denying his murder

Mexican singer Sergio Vega has been shot dead only hours after he had denied reports he had been murdered.

The 40-year-old singer, known as El Shaka, told a website he had increased security measures after a number of Mexican musicians were killed.

Musicians performing narcocorridos, songs celebrating the lives of drug barons, often become the targets of rival drug gangs.

Gunmen opened fire on Mr Vega on his way to a concert in Sinaloa state.

Mexican media reported Mr Vega was driving his red Cadillac on Saturday night when a truck started following him.

Shortly afterwards, shots were fired at the car, injuring Mr Vega and making him lose control of the vehicle and crashing it, his passenger told El Debate newspaper...
Pretty grim all the same.

Hmm gncxx starts this thread and then the prophecy conveniently self-fulfills. i will be passing this information on to Mexican authorities...

;)
 

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
27,416
Likes
12,017
Points
284
#15
McAvennie_ said:
Hmm gncxx starts this thread and then the prophecy conveniently self-fulfills. i will be passing this information on to Mexican authorities...

;)
I've been rumbled! Start the car!
 

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
27,416
Likes
12,017
Points
284
#16
Lou Reed is definitely dead. Lou Bega, of Mambo No. 5 fame, is not. But a lot of people on the internet cannot tell the difference, so Mr Bega has to issue a statement today that he's still alive, oh, and RIP Mr Reed of course.

Full story (such as it is):
http://www.nme.com/news/lou-reed/73494
 

chris138

Ephemeral Spectre
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
274
Likes
95
Points
34
#17
Former WWF and WCW Wrestler The Ultimate Warrior had apparently died. The gossip started upon his return with a much declined physique However, this was probably to do with his drug test failures, thus being clean, thus losing a bit of his frame.

Anyway, the fella is alive and well, if not a little nutty.
 

labyrinth

Fresh Blood
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
5
Likes
5
Points
9
#18
The Radio Times did a nice piece about Jack Davenport in which they referred to his late father Nigel. They apologised last week as Nigel was still alive. I see today that he has now passed away. Quite strange timing, eh.
 

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Joined
Sep 15, 2013
Messages
24,959
Likes
29,881
Points
284
#20
My Nana put a a ‘sorry for your loss’ condolence card through the letterbox of a neighbour on her estate that had died. It turned out he was still alive and returned it to her later that day. but as I’ve said before she was a tad bit mad !
A nice kind of mad though. :nun:
 
Top