• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

USO In Sweden

As I recall, this has happened before.

Russkies.

Reckless and boneheaded, they have come close to causing another big war more than once-and they're up to their old monkeyshines again. One of their subs, no doubt, sent on some harebrained recon mission, or to annoy the Swedes.

Let them play.

krakenten said:
As I recall, this has happened before.

Russkies.

Reckless and boneheaded, they have come close to causing another big war more than once-and they're up to their old monkeyshines again. One of their subs, no doubt, sent on some harebrained recon mission, or to annoy the Swedes.

Let them play.

The Swedes have gotten rid of most of their anti-sub teams, copters etc. They have orderd new copters but they won't be in service until 2019.

Maybe the Military Industrial complex paid the Russkis to do this!

Much more likely there was never anything there in the first place. The idea a 'Russian Sub' was present in the Baltic Sea (average depth 50M) is ludicrous, whether thats the Stockholm Archipelago ie: the Aland Sea, the North Gotland basin or the Archipelago Sea, or elsewhere.

Where exactly would this submarine be based? Kaliningrad? Not likely since it hasnt contained submarine pens since post WWII.

More funny business from the Swedish public, who were the only ones reporting sightings, the follow up of one leading to an old bloke being 'caught' night fishing.

Russian 'signals' intercepted concerning a 'mayday' have also spun out as false codebreaking by the Swedish military. Essentially whatever they heard, they don't know what was said.

More likely an opportune moment for Swedish politicians to get the hat passed round a bit more freely:
bit.ly/1f5ZVoY

This has been causing a flap here in Stockholm - mostly amongst the tabloid reading public.

The funny thing is that a friend of mine runs a company selling gift certificates for different experiences (Fly a plane, drive a ferrari etc). He bought a mini submarine last year and has now passed all of the necessary tests in order to sell trips in it. I believe that he/the company are the only owners of a privately registered submarine in Sweden.

His sub is based in the very same channel where the first sightings were reported.

There is a distinct possibility that they caused an initial flap by unsuspecting members of the public spotting a submarine surfacing and diving. However, some people made sightings when their submarine was safely moored at it's home dock.

There have been rumours about coded Russian signals, found transponders etc but it's all tabloid speculation. One mystery black-clad man seen clambing over rocks in the dead of night was a retired man on a fishing trip.

Photos mf my friend and his sub have been used by different papers here in Europe as "proof" of goings-on - he was even waving to the camera in one of them!

The sad truth is that if Russia decided to invade Sweden today - by sea or otherwise, there would be little to stop them. We have been peacekeepers and negotiators for so long that the Swedish Military complex is almost non-existant save for some arms/missle exports.

There is a distinct possibility that they caused an initial flap by unsuspecting members of the public spotting a submarine surfacing and diving. However, some people made sightings when their submarine was safely moored at it's home dock.

After the initial sightings, people will SEE subs if they look hard enough.

These may be dark waters indeed!

Jiggery-pokery? Raw-ther!

There's a stunning array of suspects, here. I forgot the complicated nature of Nordic politics(seems the Salander books' having been written by a reporter, may have been telling a deeper story?).

Anybody remember Olaf Palme? His killing remains unsolved. That neo-facist nut who killed so many people? Or the criminal gangs?

If this is ever solved-oh, where is Harry Hole when we need him most?-I'd wager the story is a real dilly.

Thanks to those who reminded me of certain facts. I work from memory(mostly to stave off dementia)and a prompt is most welcome.

krakenten said:
These may be dark waters indeed!

Jiggery-pokery? Raw-ther!

There's a stunning array of suspects, here. I forgot the complicated nature of Nordic politics(seems the Salander books' having been written by a reporter, may have been telling a deeper story?).

Anybody remember Olaf Palme? His killing remains unsolved. That neo-facist nut who killed so many people? Or the criminal gangs?

And for those of you who are interested in such things, may I casually point downwards... ahem, to my sig, ahem...nothing to see here. Please carry on.. ;)

Back