• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Utopia

Cherrybomb

Justified & Ancient
I'm hooked and can't wait for the second episode, anyone else enjoyi it?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/utop ... e/series-1
The Utopia Experiments is a legendary graphic novel shrouded in mystery. But when a small group of previously unconnected people find themselves in possession of an original manuscript, their lives suddenly and brutally implode.

Targeted swiftly and relentlessly by a murderous organisation known as The Network, the terrified group are left with only one option if they want to survive: they have to run.

I'm a bit iffy about it. Its a bit lkike a website thats far too cluttered for its own good, too many sidebars.

Might watch episode 2.

I loved this although I had to fast-forward the eye bit. Yuck. I thought the characters were all nicely barking and the baddies truly scary. :shock:

cherrybomb said:

The Utopia Experiments is a legendary graphic novel shrouded in mystery. But when a small group of previously unconnected people find themselves in possession of an original manuscript, their lives suddenly and brutally implode.

Targeted swiftly and relentlessly by a murderous organisation known as The Network, the terrified group are left with only one option if they want to survive: they have to run.

Cherry, I just noticed you are at post 666! Congrats!

2 episodes in, I'm finding it annoying and over-stylized... but I want to see where it's going!

ramonmercado said:
cherrybomb said:

Cherry, I just noticed you are at post 666! Congrats!
:lol: :likee:

Has anyone else stuck with this? I don't mind a bit of the old ultra violence but even I found some scenes difficult to watch, nonetheless I've really enjoyed this series which is unlike anything else I've seen (well, outside a Chris Morris sketch anyway).

Only one more episode to go, and the strands are all coming together nicely. For those who've missed it I'm sure you can catch up on 4OD.

After last night's penultimate episode there was an advert for the pre-order of Series 1 on DVD - presumably then it's already commissioned for a second series?

Anyhoo, beats the crap out of most shite on telly in my opinion.

I watched all episodes yesterday on 4OD, 6 hours straight.
It had me riveted, and I thought it was some of the best drama I've seen on British TV for a long time.
The science behind the main premise of the story is scarily believable/quite plausible.

Can't wait for the next series.

I kinda stuck with it, mostly by watching online catch up sessions.

Yeah, pretty good premise I thought, plus a nice ending to stretch another series out with. ;)

The thing I liked mostly was how well this was shot, not your usual TV action movie attempt, somehow it made for a more polished and thoughtful production.

I was no fan of the original, but I'm sad to see the David Fincher version has come to nothing:
Utopia’ With David Fincher Dead At HBO As Actors Are Released

There was no last-minute miracle for Utopia. I hear HBO and David Fincher were not able to reach a compromise on the size of the budget for the conspiracy thriller series. As a result, the cast of the project has been officially released by HBO. While never confirmed, I hear it included Rooney Mara, Colm Feore, Eric McCormack, Dallas Roberts, Jason Ritter, Brandon Scott and Agyness Deyn. I hear they had been rehearsing for up to a month with Fincher and writer Gillian Flynn while budget negotiations were unraveling.
http://deadline.com/2015/08/utopia-david-fincher-hbo-dead-actors-released-1201495743/

Back