• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Vikings and the story of Questzalcoatl

A quick outburst of ignorance. I'm sure I remember reading or hearing that the south americans never used wheels. You'd think that any visiting vikings would have said something along the lines of "look at this- it's a wheel" and the locals would have said something like "bargain, that will make it easier to get stuff from a to b" and there would have been more wheels around the place.

There was never any practical use of the wheel in the pre-columbian Americas, though it is difficult to see what use it would have been in the Andean region with no pack animals and difficult terrain. indeed the lack of pack animals could be the very reason the wheel was never adopted, the largest mammals being deer or Lama's. (horses not beeing re-introduced until the conquest)

Interestingly, you could view the image i attach as either proof that there was knowledge of the wheel, or, if you're that way inclined, as proof of ancient contact from the 'Old World' ;)

You don't mean that priest which Von Daniken wrote about with his collection of anomalous etchings... Father Crespi...?

(quick google)

Sorry Father Crispi... all I can find: http://members.tripod.com/mainorg/hoh.html

... Finally today, over at ad-riddled fringe site Ancient Origins (now with paid membership option), April Holloway has an article about the convergence of several domains of fringe history in one deflating experience. According to Holloway, she and site owner Ioannis Syrigos have moved to Cuenca, Ecuador, which regular readers will remember is the alleged site of a fictitious “giant” skeleton allegedly discovered last year. (It was a poorly conceived hoax.) The pair previously had lived in Australia. Now ensconced in Cuenca, home to a large Anglo expatriate community, Syrigos and Holloway played host to our favorite giant-hunters, Jim Vieira and Hugh Newman, two of the stars of Search for the Lost Giants.

Holloway did not explain what brought the pair of giant hunters to Cuenca, but it probably has something to do with the “Megaliths, Gods, and Giants” tour of Peru and Bolivia that Newman has organized with fringe theorist Brien Foerster for November and which will feature Jim Vieira. Newman is a frequent participant in Foerster’s South American ancient mysteries tours, which run several times per year.

Anyway, while in Cuenca the fearsome foursome decided to investigate the “mystery” of Father Crespi, the Catholic priest from Cuenca who collected crude forgeries of Middle Eastern art and used them to suggest that Ecuador had been in contact with Mesopotamia in antediluvian times. Foerster and Newman use this “mystery” to promotetheir South American tours, and the story of the golden plates famously appeared in Erich von Däniken’s The Gold of the Gods (1972), where the crude images of flying snakes and Mesopotamian imagery caused a sensation. ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/f...-von-danikens-pre-flood-alien-gold-in-ecuador

Back