• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Waituhi Lights?

The problem with such footage is that the context is provided by those that created it. Thus we are led to assume that what we're seeing is lights in the night sky. However, without any other frame of reference it's difficult to tell if this is actually the case. After all, some vaguely luminescent dots on a black background could actually be something entirely different. Mundane even.

They are the right colour for chinese lanterns; I suppose they could have been launched by the military, but only if they were having a party...

Definitively the old Chinese lanterns. We had some flying by a few months ago and they looked exactly like them. Aliens probably hoped that by disguising their ships as CL they could fool us, but fortunately there are a lot of people out there that can see through the alien trickery. Hence all the footage and forum posts. I personally always fall for the CL explanation, what can I do?

Back