• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Watchmen 2

Alan?

Edit: Aha, Alan Moore - not answering his phone, yes...

So the film will take place in the early 60's/50's?

Prequels could work.

It worked for Lucas...oh hang on though.....

Yeah, prequels never work.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
File, alongside sequels to Starship Troopers. :lol:

Starship Troopers 3 was fantastic, it was just so silly and over the top :p

Starship Troopers 2 should never be mentioned though, it was just bizarre. I did like that they cared so little about it that they actually brought the woman who was the captain of the starship in the first one (who died) back as a random soldier (who died again).

It'll be interesting to see the Alien prequel, Prometheus, as Aliens managed to buck the trend of sequels not being quite as good as the original.

Terminator IV, which I suppose is prequel, even though it's set after Terminator because of time travel shenaninghans, was fairly dire.

I don't see the Watchmen prequel really working, since we know how the stories have got to end and really as much of their back story as you need to know.

The Dune prequel novels were pretty bad as well.

Young Indiana Jones was never any better than OK and mildly diverting.

Enterprise might have worked if they hadn't felt so tied up with continuity (or recycled stories from ST:TOS and ST:TNG.

The only prequel I can think that works is The Magician's Nephew, which was CS Lewis's sixth Narnia book, though it's chronologically the first.

It seems a bit rum to say that he was offered the rights to the characters back, on the condition more or less that the people giving him the rights back get to do whatever they want with them anyway.

Also he now looks like the sort of dodgy occultist I would cross over the road to avoid... those Grigori Rasputin school of weirdos really creep me out. :lol:

How about a V for Vendetta prequel/sequel? :twisted:

Come on, how difficult can it be to make a Miracleman movie? Oh, right, that is quite difficult...

That'd be C for Copyright and F for Fckedup

Back