• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird News Story (Sobko; Undercover Dwarves)

steveperks68

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi Guys

I found this news artical in the Evening Standard on 10th Nov 2011, bottom of page 5...

Now, imagine you are on a packed communter train and you read this...I can tell you I got some looks, I simply stated to the young lady to turn to page 5 and read.....here's your chance....

Embedded image remote-linked from PostImage is MIA / defunct.
No archived version available.

I have the clipping now safe in my wallet, I think its the best news artical i've ever read...

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
The alleged events seem to date from October 2006, so why are they emerging only now? "Undercover Dwarfs" have been left to operate with impunity in the meantime!

Sobko appears to be a real Ukranian-Israeli Doctor with Facebook and Twitter accounts. he is also joint-author of a neurobiology paper in Nature entitled, "Constitutive activation of delayed-rectifier potassium channels by a Src family tyrosine kinase in Schwann cells."

The Sun has a longer version:

Here
Link is dead. The MIA article can be accessed via the Wayback Machine - e.g., at:

https://web.archive.org/web/2011111...ng-undercover-dwarves-in-stop-and-search.html

A POLICE force is being sued over claims it used undercover DWARVES to carry out stop and searches.

City of London Police has been hit with the barmy writ by a Russian doctor who also alleges its officers sexually assaulted him and tried to take his DNA for "covert biological experiments".

But Dr Alexander Sobko's £55,000 bizarre damages claim means the force will have to defend itself against the lawsuit - costing taxpayers thousands of pounds.

Dr Sobko's writ, issued on October 6, will be assessed by a judge in the coming weeks.

In it he alleges he was targeted twice by City of London officers in October 2006.

He claims he was first stopped in the capital's Chancery Lane after being spotted "doing exercises to refresh my mind" in the street.

Dr Sobko said he was searched by "two well-fed policemen and one well-fed policewoman" under the Terrorism Act before being taken to a police station for questioning.

Fear

In another rambling section he claimed he had refused a cup of tea while he was being quizzed "for fear of being poisoned".

A week later the Russian said he was approached by the dwarves who searched him without any explanation.

He claimed: "Two dwarf chaps approached the claimant smiling tensely, one producing something like a badge and expressing his desire to search the claimant on the basis of a Terrorism Act.

"As to the claimant's understanding, the policemen were using the Terrorism Act to make sexual advances as one of those cops was searching the claimant's space between legs for too long, smiling.

"He stopped doing so after the claimant asked what he was doing there."

Dr Sobko, who is acting for himself, wants damages for wrongful arrest, humiliation, degrading treatment, assault and battery, systematic harassment and trespass to goods.

His case will now be passed to another High Court judge, Master Barbara Fontaine, to consider in the next few weeks.

A City of London Police spokesman said: "The City of London Police is aware of the claim filed at the High Court and lawyers have been instructed to contest the allegations made by Dr Alexander Sobko."

:shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they Dwarfs or Dwarves? The entire case could rest on this identification.

Is not the correct plural Dwerrows? <GD&R>

JamesWhitehead said:
The alleged events seem to date from October 2006, so why are they emerging only now? "Undercover Dwarfs" have been left to operate with impunity in the meantime!

Sobko appears to be a real Ukranian-Israeli Doctor with Facebook and Twitter accounts. he is also joint-author of a neurobiology paper in Nature entitled, "Constitutive activation of delayed-rectifier potassium channels by a Src family tyrosine kinase in Schwann cells."

The Sun has a longer version:

Here

A POLICE force is being sued over claims it used undercover DWARVES to carry out stop and searches.

City of London Police has been hit with the barmy writ by a Russian doctor who also alleges its officers sexually assaulted him and tried to take his DNA for "covert biological experiments".

But Dr Alexander Sobko's £55,000 bizarre damages claim means the force will have to defend itself against the lawsuit - costing taxpayers thousands of pounds.

Dr Sobko's writ, issued on October 6, will be assessed by a judge in the coming weeks.

In it he alleges he was targeted twice by City of London officers in October 2006.

He claims he was first stopped in the capital's Chancery Lane after being spotted "doing exercises to refresh my mind" in the street.

Dr Sobko said he was searched by "two well-fed policemen and one well-fed policewoman" under the Terrorism Act before being taken to a police station for questioning.

Fear

In another rambling section he claimed he had refused a cup of tea while he was being quizzed "for fear of being poisoned".

A week later the Russian said he was approached by the dwarves who searched him without any explanation.

He claimed: "Two dwarf chaps approached the claimant smiling tensely, one producing something like a badge and expressing his desire to search the claimant on the basis of a Terrorism Act.

"As to the claimant's understanding, the policemen were using the Terrorism Act to make sexual advances as one of those cops was searching the claimant's space between legs for too long, smiling.

"He stopped doing so after the claimant asked what he was doing there."

Dr Sobko, who is acting for himself, wants damages for wrongful arrest, humiliation, degrading treatment, assault and battery, systematic harassment and trespass to goods.

His case will now be passed to another High Court judge, Master Barbara Fontaine, to consider in the next few weeks.

A City of London Police spokesman said: "The City of London Police is aware of the claim filed at the High Court and lawyers have been instructed to contest the allegations made by Dr Alexander Sobko."

:shock:

Wow...its funny, I wonder if the Police still have a minmum hight to join the force?-thanks for the input, its intresting, a great headline.

steve

Sobko's bizarre story was cited in support of an even wider-ranging conspiracy story described in:

Chameleo: A Strange but True Story of Invisible Spies, Heroin Addiction, and Homeland Security
Robert Guffey
OR Books, Apr 23, 2015 - Political Science - 282 pages

https://books.google.com/books?id=C...e&q=alexander sobko dwarves OR dwarfs&f=false

The connection to the Sobko case apparently lay in this story's central figure (one "Dion") attributing weirdness to "invisible midgets" or "invisible dwarves."

... The Sun has a longer version:
Here
Link is dead. The MIA article can be accessed via the Wayback Machine - e.g., at:
https://web.archive.org/web/2011111...ng-undercover-dwarves-in-stop-and-search.html

For the record ... An archived version of the story can be found at The Sun's website:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/n...-using-undercover-dwarves-in-stop-and-search/

This archived version is annotated as having been "updated" in April 2016, but I don't find any obvious changes from the November 2011 version.

Back