• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Personal Names

I've recently discovered that one of my neighbour's children really is called "Ubytch", pronounced "you bitch". Charming.

Jane.

Had a particularly good day for stupid names at work today:

Julie Corpse (have these people never heard of deed polls?)

Dorothy Ada Clitsome (similar to toothsome....)

Mr Bus (I managed to stop myself telling him there'd be another along in a minute)

How about this from the sports pages of the local rag (Bahrain)?
Well, made me laugh anyway!

"Al Shitti ahead after fine effort
Mohammed Al Shitti raised his average to 246.00 after playing a good series of 710 to stay ahead in the Prime Sport Bowling Summer Heat Tournament at the Funland Bowling Centre."

There is a local tailor called Al Shatt; a construction company called Al Boom (would be better doing demolition work!) and best of all (to someone like me from the north of Scotland) is Fuddruckers restaurant - "fudd" being on a par with c*nt in the far north! I e-mailed an advert to my friends back home - special offer on Fudd fries - they were pretty impressed! I believe it is an American chain - explains a lot really.

There is a girl where I work called Crispina! Poor thing, I don't know her personally, but I wonder if she gets called Crispy for short.:rolleyes:

berengaria said:
and best of all (to someone like me from the north of Scotland) is Fuddruckers restaurant - "fudd" being on a par with c*nt in the far north!

:rofl:

Deary me.

The wee boy who stays downstairs from my girlfriend is called Zen and he has a cousin called Gollum!!

H.

Is he precious?

So what does fudd mean then? And why weren't we told? ;)

I used to work for a charity,and within my job was the bagging and labelling of the quarterly magazine.
The name that always amused everyone was........
Zoltan Bonzonky
Always used to wonder if he'd changed it to that

This isn't weird, really, but I used to work with a girl from a German family who had married an Italian, and thus went by the extremely musical name of Irmgarde Lentini. :D

Open University programmes sometimes used to credit an academic called Grizelda Pollock!

how bout "strange island" by the m66

When I worked for tv licensing, we would collect stupit or wierd names for fun. Some of my favourites were Fingerinhoe Road and Cow-in-a-poke Lane, we had a Dr Who (she was Chinese), Mr Brazzier, Mr Snapper, Mrs Sweetlove, Mr Doom and a Mrs Skellington. There was loads more but I can't remember them now.
:D

Baby named after software package

Original story here
A COMPUTER GEEK in the United States has named his son 2.0 after being inspired by software upgrade packages.

Jon Blake Cusack has called his son Jon Blake Cusack 2.0.

Mr Cusack, of Holland, Michigan, thought calling his baby 'Jr' or 'II' was too old fashioned and his version 2.0 would be more 21st century.

The self-confessed technology geek said he had had the idea for months - but it took him all that time to persuade his wife Jamie it was a good idea.

He said: 'I wanted to find something different to name him besides Jon Blake. I wrote in the birth announcement e-mail stuff, like there's a lot of features from version 1.0 with additional features from Jamie.'

His wife Jamie Cusack said she did not concede the point until the week before the birth. She said she had 'picked out the theme of the baby's room and done other things. I decided to let Jon have this.'
He said: 'I wanted to find something different to name him besides Jon Blake.
Peter, Jason, Engelbert...There's a whole world of names out there besides Jon Blake. Has this man no imagination?

It's quite sweet, in its way. And not harmful to the child like "Depressed Cardboard Cheesecake" would be - people at school would jsut call him Jon.

There's a Saint Bozo.

Saw a school on TV the other day St Bozo's. It appealed to my sense of humour.

I like Glasgow's St Mungo.

There should be a church dedicated to St Mary & St Mungo.

If we are having odd place names, Hull's "Land of Green Ginger" has to be one of the best!

There's a nature reserve in Oxford called "the Kidneys" :confused: which maybe is to do with its shape (I don't know what shape it is) but still gives me odd images.

I remeber seeing a sign for "Bell End Farm" in North Yorkshire.

Two of my favorite odd names:

From the Everett, WA phone books several years ago: Zyzykiel Zyzyzyski

From a friend who worked at a pizza delivery place in Seattle, WA: Werlindo Mangrobang (by far my favorite)

My mom knew a woman who named her children Sunshine, Freedom, and Revelation.

My grandparents knew a man (back in the 50s) named Joy LaBelle who had a child named Ouinke La Belle (pronounced Winky). I can not for the life of me remember if Ouinke was a boy or a girl.

Quixote said:
There's a Saint Bozo.

Saw a school on TV the other day St Bozo's. It appealed to my sense of humour.

I once met a couple named Bozo and Panda.

Ok this may be perceived as being in bad taste but that unfortunate schoolboy who was stabbed to death by another 15 year old child (who was himself found guilty of the crime today). I can't believe his parents named him Luke Walmsley - either very stupid or very, very droll of them...

I'm sure a nickname like Lukewarm must have been forthcoming and that just reminds me of Christopher Biggins' camp character in Porridge!

theres a "greasy corner" (pop 12) in arkansa (sp?)

Learned this week of the town of Onancock, Virginia. Also had a call for a man with the surname Raper.

As seasoned lurker, I simply cannot let this thread die.

Amongst people that I have had the pleasure of working with have been:

Dick Skinner
Dick Suckling
Paul Shatzberger
Norman Eighteen

and my personal favourite:

Pram Rimkiss :D

And I believe the officer in charge of the Great Triangulation of India (the largest surveying project undertaken, mapping out the Indian Himal, during the times of the Raj) was a Captain Raper of the British Army.

My best friend at school had grandparents called Mr & Mrs Rimmer - not that I found that funny at the time!

I wonder what trade the Rimmer family is named after?

The mind (not to mention various other things), may well boggle :eek!!!!:

One of my friends from University apparently went to school with someone whose parents' had seen fit to christen her "Eva Beaver". It was always guaranteed to crack me up!

And if any of these people are on the boards - hi there, no offence intended, and my apologies if I have caused it.

Back