• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird photo from Old Melbourne Goal...

glenda_88

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hey guys,

Altho this is my first post, I tend to tread these boards often n wanted to share something with you guys. Last yr a friend and I did an overnight stay at the old melbourne goal as part of a ghost tour conducted their, n whilst taking snaps, got this one...didn't realise until the next day...its the figure right in the centre of the screen, looks like someone in a 'Scream' costume...we're on, if I remember correctly the 2nd or 3rd level n there was absolutely no one standing on the other side!

What do you think??

p.s. just note the pic is sitting on it's side but if rotated clockwise once would sit the right way;) I wanted to turn it rotate it but was warned that the quality would probably lessen and as u can see, the quality is not that great in the first place!

glenda_88 said:
just note the pic is sitting on it's side but if rotated clockwise once would sit the right way;) I wanted to turn it rotate it but was warned that the quality would probably lessen and as u can see, the quality is not that great in the first place!

Can't see anything myself, but there's so much camera shake it would be hard to take the pic as evidence of anything much.

BTW, rotating a pic through 90 degrees shouldn't lose any quality - the computer just swaps pixels from A x B format to B x A. (But rotating through a smaller angle means the computer has to interpolate between the original pixels to produce the output image, which will lose a little quality - though not much, in my experience.)

PS: I think you mean Gaol (as in Jail)... ;)

Here it is the right way up, do you mean the little white figure?

gx2aODKS-9ef5602f6b2d10746aaabb2e5c.jpg
[/img]

All I can think is "earthquake". Seriously, though, I'm not sure what I am looking at and maybe a steadier pic would clear up what the supposed figure is?

Strange but I can see a figure-ish looking thing where described. Don't know if it is a figure though or maybe some equipment that has been left there [which wouldn't be remembered as it would be so normal].
Glenda, maybe you could circle the figure for those that can't see it?

I wanna know how you got permission to ride a horse through there while you took this photo... waaaaay too wobbly. Do you have any others?

milk23 said:
I wanna know how you got permission to ride a horse through there while you took this photo... waaaaay too wobbly. Do you have any others?

Lmao surprisingly they didn't have any issues wen I walked in with my pony!

I don't have any more pics of this and have no idea on how to circle it...lol..but it is the figure in the centre. Thanks for everyones input anyway:)

I looks a bit like a cowled monk doing jazz hands, except the hands are out of vision.

This could be our new monthly competition, like "Spot The Ball" but with a more supernatural twist.

£1 gets you 3 crosses, the nearest wins dinner for two at McDonalds.

Ringo_ said:
This could be our new monthly competition, like "Spot The Ball" but with a more supernatural twist.

£1 gets you 3 crosses, the nearest wins dinner for two at McDonalds.
Second prize dinner for 4...

I have to admit to being slightly simulacra-aphasic, so when people say "Oooh, there's a strange figure there" I either can't see one, or I can see two or three possible ones, but have no idea which one they mean. It's much the same with this one. It would be handy to know which blurred area of the photograph I was supposed to be studying to see the ghost.

I think you could be on to something there!

hank.jpg

Back