• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Whatever Happened To Dr. Norman Bergrun?

chockfullahate

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
NASA scientist Dr. Norman Bergrun, whose book, "The Ring- Makers of Saturn," reveals that NASA's voyager space-probes of Saturn's rings took photographs of an elliptical (cigar-shaped) craft, length estimated equal to Earth's diameter, orbiting in Saturn's rings. Dr. Bergrun said that large apertures could actually be seen in the side of this craft.

http://www.ufoarea.com/nasa_giant_object.html

what hapened to this guy? i remember an issue of fortean times talking about the ringmakers, then the letters page a month later debunking some of his claims, and then, nothing...

Saturn must be observed almost constantly by amature astronomers. If such a craft did exist then it would ( Im 100% on this ) have been spotted by someone years ago.

And this is a photo of Norman Bergrun:

norm.gif

:eek:

mothman8 said:
Saturn must be observed almost constantly by amature astronomers. If such a craft did exist then it would ( Im 100% on this ) have been spotted by someone years ago.
Well, just to play Devil's Advocate, suppose there is a huge elliptical craft out there that wants to keep its presence secret from the inner solar system.

It could keep a very low profile by maintaining an orientation with its long axis directed towards the sun. This would reduce its visible size, and would also reduce its albedo (reflectivity) since most sunlight falling on it would be reflected away from the inner system.

Such an orientation would be further evidence of intelligent control, since a long object orbiting a planet would normally end up with its long axis aligned with the centre of the planet. (This is a more extreme example of the tidal capture that ensures that most moons, like our Moon, always show the same face to their primaries.)

There is also the possibility that the thing was only on a flying visit anyway, and is no longer there. (But the current Cassini-Huyghens mission could also be doing a follow up investigation for NASA if something was seen by Voyager...)

And I haven't even started on cloaking systems yet...! :D

"length estimated equal to Earth's diameter"

Now, after a few lunchtime beers - this is an interesteing concept....

I know Saturn is very big but, if true, somebody/thing somewhere built it and they must be rather large themselves.

Could it not just be a huge bit of rock, shaped like a cigar?! And, if 'aliens' had the capability of making something of that size there would be no point in 'them' (NASA/whoever) covering it up. It's not like we would stand much of a chance if they wanted our planet for, lets say, a toilet stop or something? We may as well just start looting and cracking open the beers now.

WooHoo :twisted:

He has also written about the Face on Mars being alive, or at least changing its shape over time. That is about as bonkers as his idea about giant ships in the rings of Saturn.

Here is a debunking of his rings hypothesis
http://www.anomalog.com/saturnrings.html

He is a respected aerospace engineer who did some good work in the fifties, but is obviously talking well outside his area of expertise. I am amazed how much respect he seems to get from the Hoaglandites; why do people start spouting such nonsense when they retire, I wonder?

H_James said:
Has anyone here read the book?
Good Heavens! Do you mean I have to read the book before having an opinion on it? Whatever next! :D

Back